You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

They did. It was ignored.

Who ignored it ? All the Republican appointed judges who actually oversaw the cases ?

They didn't ignore the evidence, there was none creditable, unless all the judges are also in on the steal. 

You don't find it strange that Rudy shouted "Fraud" at every press conference he could but specifically stated it "was not about fraud" when in a court where you can be charged if you lie to the judge. OR maybe Rudy is in on the steal as well. 

40% of Americans believe that humans are less than 10000 years old, they are wrong. If 1% believed that or 99% believed that they would be wrong, the amount of people who believe something is irrelevant to how correct it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Everyone in that area with their phone on them will have sent several pings to the nearest cell in that area. They can track all of those fairly easily and work back from there. Finding who these people contacted will be a piece of piss, finding who contacted them will be trickier but they will get through it all eventually. 

I should add I have no idea how they can differentiate between those that where on the steps and those that crossed the line and entered the building. 

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

• Upvote 1

Houston cop 'joined Capitol riot'

The police chief of Houston, Texas, has announced that an 18-year veteran of the city's police force was among those that illegally "penetrated" the Capitol during last week's riot.

Chief Art Acevedo said the officer had been relieved of his duties and notified that he will face a disciplinary hearing. Acevedo said there was a "high probability" the officer will face federal charges.

"I can’t tell you the anger I feel at the thought of a police officer and other police officers thinking they get to go storm the Capitol," he told a news conference.

Meanwhile, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced more arrests. Seven people accused of playing a role in the Capitol riot have been charged with rioting, looting and trespassing among other charges.

According to the DOJ, the arrests took place from Idaho to Wisconsin to Florida.

1 hour ago, Red Shift said:

Epoch Times. Right wing, but not Fascist. Interview with the spokeswoman for the Data Integrity Group. Why were the errors not addressed? How on Earth can America move on if such a large proportion of voters - across the political spectrum- think there were voting irregularities?

Refusing to discuss it doesn’t dismiss it. No I won’t let go of this until I’m satisfied with the response. America needs to heal. Proper debunking plays a vital part in that, but I’m a lay person and wouldn’t know where to start.

How about far right neo religious weirdos? 

Here's what they chose as their religious emblem

225px-Falun_Gong_Logo.svg.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

15 minutes ago, M_B said:

It was thrown out because they failed to present any evidence.

It was thrown out because they had no idea how to refute it, or give a counter argument. 

They aren’t the only people that want answers. Millions of Americans want answers, and that is my point. Hiding this stuff under the table w/o a proper rebuttal / refutation, only stokes the fire of unrest.

More analysis here. This is data analysis, non political.

https://votepatternanalysis.substack.com/p/voting-anomalies-2020?fbclid=IwAR3rO9CRr6zM7ug3k1YrhTYNjQvwmLz0pRT0fa2H0WGVaNb3SH1FlNFbqMY

7 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

How about far right neo religious weirdos? 

Here's what they chose as their religious emblam

225px-Falun_Gong_Logo.svg.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

How the world loved the swastika - until Hitler stole it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29644591

Actual headlines from the Epoch Times include:

• Headline: "Space Aliens Live Quietly Among Us, Say Some Scientists and Officials"[288]
  • Headline: "Expert in Chinese Petroglyphs Supports Theory Ancient Chinese Made It to America"[289]
  • Headline: "Woman Has Near-Death Experience, Sees 'Hell,' and Comes Back a Better Person"[290]
  • Headline: "Supernormal Abilities Developed Through Meditation: Dr. Dean Radin Discusses"[291]
  • Headline: "5 Best UFO Sightings This Week: March 7-14 (+Photos +Videos)"[292]
  • Headline: "Nervous-System Damage From the Sky: 'Chemtrails' rain aluminum nanoparticles on man, beast, and land."[293]
  • Headline: "3-Year-Old Remembers Past Life as Snake? Gives Verified Details of Encounter With Hunter"[294]

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fake_news#Epoch_Times

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

It was thrown out because they had no idea how to refute it, or give a counter argument. 

They aren’t the only people that want answers. Millions of Americans want answers, and that is my point. Hiding this stuff under the table w/o a proper rebuttal / refutation, only stokes the fire of unrest.

More analysis here. This is data analysis, non political.

https://votepatternanalysis.substack.com/p/voting-anomalies-2020?fbclid=IwAR3rO9CRr6zM7ug3k1YrhTYNjQvwmLz0pRT0fa2H0WGVaNb3SH1FlNFbqMY

Could you explain the bit in bold, I genuinely don't understand what you mean. 

The cases were thrown out of court because the the defence couldn't refute the claim by the prosecution ?  

47 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon being the centre of attention and the grift is what it is all about for him - golf are the trimmings that come with all that. Nothing will matter more than to generate money - holding his base together both funds the grift (with some type of subscription service) and will force all those republicans who want his support to give him the attention he craves. 

In which case, I guess he won't give a rat's arse about being impeached twice either.  

Just another "injustice" to peddle to the Viking Hat/Loin Cloth/MILF General Practitioner/Suicidal Bank Manager/Testis-self-tasering brigade.

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Actual headlines from the Epoch Times include:

• Headline: "Space Aliens Live Quietly Among Us, Say Some Scientists and Officials"[288]
  • Headline: "Expert in Chinese Petroglyphs Supports Theory Ancient Chinese Made It to America"[289]
  • Headline: "Woman Has Near-Death Experience, Sees 'Hell,' and Comes Back a Better Person"[290]
  • Headline: "Supernormal Abilities Developed Through Meditation: Dr. Dean Radin Discusses"[291]
  • Headline: "5 Best UFO Sightings This Week: March 7-14 (+Photos +Videos)"[292]
  • Headline: "Nervous-System Damage From the Sky: 'Chemtrails' rain aluminum nanoparticles on man, beast, and land."[293]
  • Headline: "3-Year-Old Remembers Past Life as Snake? Gives Verified Details of Encounter With Hunter"[294]

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fake_news#Epoch_Times

We had a copy of the epoch times stuck in the mailbox (suspect @skaro or @Hades had been in the neighbourhood).

I had no idea what it was but thought, I’ll have a read at some

point, it hung around the flat for a few weeks, then I picked it up on a trip to the dunny and nearly fell off the throne when I realised what it was.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Who ignored it ? All the Republican appointed judges who actually oversaw the cases ?

They didn't ignore the evidence, there was none creditable, unless all the judges are also in on the steal. 

You don't find it strange that Rudy shouted "Fraud" at every press conference he could but specifically stated it "was not about fraud" when in a court where you can be charged if you lie to the judge. OR maybe Rudy is in on the steal as well. 

40% of Americans believe that humans are less than 10000 years old, they are wrong. If 1% believed that or 99% believed that they would be wrong, the amount of people who believe something is irrelevant to how correct it is. 

Nobody put forward a case based on data anomalies alone. This group is calling for a forensic audit of the data. They aren’t the only ones as per my other link above. 
Trumps legal defence was clearly incompetent.

Regardless of what Americans do or do not believe generally, a clear group of expert data nerds are questioning the raw PUBLIC data, that anybody can access, but nobody is bothering to, except those that are capable of understanding what it possibly means, and feeling that it needs to be clearly debated.

6 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

We had a copy of the epoch times stuck in the mailbox (suspect @skaro or @Hades had been in the neighbourhood).

I had no idea what it was but thought, I’ll have a read at some

point, it hung around the flat for a few weeks, then I picked it up on a trip to the dunny and nearly fell off the throne when I realised what it was.

Et tu, Audree?

In fairness, The Epoch Times isn't my best work.

Needs must, however, in these impecunious days!

Give me the Belle Epoque any day.

• Upvote 1

Anomalies in Vote Counts and Their Effects on Election 2020

A Quantitative Analysis of Decisive Vote Updates in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Georgia on and after Election Night

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F882fa9d0-822d-4580-a699-15a6b4a64d4a_1096x887.png
Nov 25, 2020 70 2,561

Executive Summary

In the early hours of November 4th, 2020, Democratic candidate Joe Biden received several major “vote spikes” that substantially — and decisively — improved his electoral position in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Georgia. Much skepticism and uncertainty surrounds these “vote spikes.” Critics point to suspicious vote counting practices, extreme differences between the two major candidates’ vote counts, and the timing of the vote updates, among other factors, to cast doubt on the legitimacy of some of these spikes. While data analysis cannot on its own demonstrate fraud or systemic issues, it can point us to statistically anomalous cases that invite further scrutiny. 

This is one such case: Our analysis finds that a few key vote updates in competitive states were unusually large in size and had an unusually high Biden-to-Trump ratio. We demonstrate the results differ enough from expected results to be cause for concern.”

13 minutes ago, M_B said:

It was thrown out because they failed to present any evidence.

It was thrown out because nobody knew how to refute it.

More data here

12 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Could you explain the bit in bold, I genuinely don't understand what you mean. 

The cases were thrown out of court because the the defence couldn't refute the claim by the prosecution ?  

This particular group of data experts gave evidence in Georgia, but the court wasn’t equipped to look at what it meant. They put it in the too hard basket and called it ‘human error’.

4 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

More data here

This particular group of data experts gave evidence in Georgia, but the court wasn’t equipped to look at what it meant. They put it in the too hard basket and called it ‘human error’.

Don't think that actually happened.

Trump's team made a claim but produced no verifiable evidence to back that claim up.

Ergo, it gets thrown out

If what you said actually happened then there would have been recourse to appeal

3 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

More data here

I absolutely refuse to accept that. 

Trump and his team have spent months looking for anything and anyone to back up their claims that the election was stolen, we have all seen the wonderfully amazing witnesses they have produced. 

What we have here, apparently, is data in the public domain that shows it was indeed (or potentially) stolen. Trump and his team (or another set of stop the steal people) take a case to Georgia where these data experts give evidence that points to massive anomalies in the voting. 

The defence say, we don't understand and obviously because we are only backed and funded by the State of Georgia and the United States we can not find an expert of our own. The court then says, "yeah fair enough, we can understand that, if only I had some sort of power where I could give a date in the future by which time you need to find an expert to refute these claims, but because I can't do that, I won't accept the expert testimony presented to me but will just say "human error" and dismiss the case".

Obviously since this historic event took place at a court in Georgia, neither Trump or his team of lawyers, who are still claiming the election was stolen from them due to voting irregularities, have mentioned this unbelievable court case in Georgia.   

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Don't think that actually happened.

Trump's team made a claim but produced no verifiable evidence to back that claim up.

Ergo, it gets thrown out

If what you said actually happened then there would have been recourse to appeal.

Yes, but as we’ve already noted, Trump’s defence team were incompetent. Also, consider the term verifiable evidence. That’s for the court to decide. It looks like they ignored this valid data, or, this valid data was not put forward in the court case.

53 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I absolutely refuse to accept that. 

Trump and his team have spent months looking for anything and anyone to back up their claims that the election was stolen, we have all seen the wonderfully amazing witnesses they have produced. 

What we have here, apparently, is data in the public domain that shows it was indeed (or potentially) stolen. Trump and his team (or another set of stop the steal people) take a case to Georgia where these data experts give evidence that points to massive anomalies in the voting. 

The defence say, we don't understand and obviously because we are only backed and funded by the State of Georgia and the United States we can not find an expert of our own. The court then says, "yeah fair enough, we can understand that, if only I had some sort of power where I could give a date in the future by which time you need to find an expert to refute these claims, but because I can't do that, I won't accept the expert testimony presented to me but will just say "human error" and dismiss the case".

Obviously since this historic event took place at a court in Georgia, neither Trump or his team of lawyers, who are still claiming the election was stolen from them due to voting irregularities, have mentioned this unbelievable court case in Georgia.   

No. What we have here, according to data forensics, is a batch of election data that indicates anomalies that were never addressed and probably never will be. The average person (like me) wouldn’t even understand what it all means, however, data experts - people that get paid big money to analyse data - are all saying “something doesn’t add up.”

With so many ordinary Americans appearing to be losing faith in a voting system that is being updated for the 21st century, using more sophisticated tech, it behooves everybody involved to be as transparent as is possible,

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

And they have done a comically, absurdly shit job of it.

Other than drumming up some Gotham-style caricatures, they've come up with absolutely nowt.

I'd say out of those "months and months", they've spent around 10 actual legitimate minutes, if that.

The rest of it has been mainly social media bluster and magnification.

Great entertainment and plenty of magnates' fortunes stoked.

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Twice impeached U.S. President Donald Trump has instructed aides not to pay Rudy Giuliani's legal fees, and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for expenses Giuliani claims to have incurred while traveling on the president's behalf.

https://boingboing.net/2021/01/13/trump-wont-pay-rudy-giulianis-legal-bills.html

Nothing to see here.

Rudy would well recall all Trump's unpaid bills from the good old days...

Besides, he was doing it for "justice" not pay.