You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

41 minutes ago, clangers said:

Is it correct that they need a 2/3 majority to be found guilty by the senate however a simple majority can see him barred from office in the future? That seems to be critical, that last thing everyone needs is Trump 2024.

From what I have read, it also seems that a pending trial in the senate is enough to bar him from future office. Perhaps that is the plan - for the trial to remain pending indefinitely. It means GOP folks wont have to put their life on the line to vote against Trump.

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Apologies if already posted - I hope it is

If that works the way I understand it (and it’s probable it doesn’t) does it mean that they’ll know exactly who was contacted by whoever was in the building? 

Everyone in that area with their phone on them will have sent several pings to the nearest cell in that area. They can track all of those fairly easily and work back from there. Finding who these people contacted will be a piece of piss, finding who contacted them will be trickier but they will get through it all eventually. 

I should add I have no idea how they can differentiate between those that where on the steps and those that crossed the line and entered the building. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

Everyone in that area with their phone on them will have sent several pings to the nearest cell in that area. They can track all of those fairly easily and work back from there. Finding who these people contacted will be a piece of piss, finding who contacted them will be trickier but they will get through it all eventually. 

I should add I have no idea how they can differentiate between those that where on the steps and those that crossed the line and entered the building. 

I think you only have to be on Capitol property to commit a trespass offence, so that may include the steps. Of course I stand to be corrected by our US brethren, but I’m sure I read it somewhere.

Epoch Times. Right wing, but not Fascist. Interview with the spokeswoman for the Data Integrity Group. Why were the errors not addressed? How on Earth can America move on if such a large proportion of voters - across the political spectrum- think there were voting irregularities?

Refusing to discuss it doesn’t dismiss it. No I won’t let go of this until I’m satisfied with the response. America needs to heal. Proper debunking plays a vital part in that, but I’m a lay person and wouldn’t know where to start.

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think you only have to be on Capitol property to commit a trespass offence, so that may include the steps. Of course I stand to be corrected by our US brethren, but I’m sure I read it somewhere.

I did wonder how they will separate the crimes. Hundreds walked through like they where on a school tour, are they getting the same sentence that the lads who put their feet up on desks or posed with staues and flags?

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

I did wonder how they will separate the crimes. Hundreds walked through like they where on a school tour, are they getting the same sentence that the lads who put their feet up on desks or posed with staues and flags?

Extra 5 years for anybody going outside the ropes

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Ivanka or one of the other cunt kids could still run, so there's no way to block that via impeachment.

Without doubt he will try to play king maker. He needs the grift. So he needs his base. If he can't stand, hell want to pick who can. It'll almost be like the apprentice bit the winner gets his backing in the republican primaries. I think there's a chance it could be one of his kids. But I think he'd be equally happy to pick someone outside the family if it is better for him. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Without doubt he will try to play king maker. He needs the grift. So he needs his base. If he can't stand, hell want to pick who can. It'll almost be like the apprentice bit the winner gets his backing in the republican primaries. I think there's a chance it could be one of his kids. But I think he'd be equally happy to pick someone outside the family if it is better for him. 

Will he be arsed?

He won't be banned from playing golf or KFC.

5 minutes ago, skaro said:

Will he be arsed?

He won't be banned from playing golf or KFC.

I reckon being the centre of attention and the grift is what it is all about for him - golf are the trimmings that come with all that. Nothing will matter more than to generate money - holding his base together both funds the grift (with some type of subscription service) and will force all those republicans who want his support to give him the attention he craves. 

25 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Epoch Times. Right wing, but not Fascist. Interview with the spokeswoman for the Data Integrity Group. Why were the errors not addressed? How on Earth can America move on if such a large proportion of voters - across the political spectrum- think there were voting irregularities?

Refusing to discuss it doesn’t dismiss it. No I won’t let go of this until I’m satisfied with the response. America needs to heal. Proper debunking plays a vital part in that, but I’m a lay person and wouldn’t know where to start.

A right wing company video by a right wing newspaper. Sounds legit.

If they have real evidence, why don't they just take it to court?

His best chance of staying out of prison is either re-election, or helping someone favourable to him get elected.

He's not going away, he'll throw his weight behind someone else. The worry is they'll be slicker and more media savvy. If a human mudslide can get 70m votes, just imagine what a neo-fascist who can use bryl-cream and talk coherently could do.

The next Greg Stillson is waiting in the wings.