You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

100% he gets impeached in the House

0% the Senate vote to remove - McConnell has already laid out a timeline which kills it.

Yep. Impeachment is pretty much a waste of time, all of this is a big game, as much as I hate the cunt.

16 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Republicans in the House have introduced a resolution to basically tell him off for being a naughty boy.

This is is going to end with a slap on the wrists and no more.

The GOP are shameful but we all knew that already.

They know full well they would initiate a low voter turn out from here on in by backing the Dems

18 hours ago, Section_31 said:

But this is why we're in this mess, because we give all opinions equal weight.

who is giving all opinions equal weight?

This is certainly not my point, my point is that the individuals who believe the Q stuff, the trump stuff, the shit that has been supported by the senators and other representatives who are in on the gig, the people at the bottom end, the ones being whipped into a frenzy, they have an inarguable belief that what they are following is true and everything you throw at them as proof, one of them (whether from the top or bottom) will come up with reason of why that supports their theory.

Have a listen to this interview: https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-xke2g-f70151 Jarlath Regan with Marion McKeone a journalist  based over there, she tells of how the teachers down to the kids in schools are so heavily indoctrinated into this shit.

Just telling them it's bollocks won't work -  we have a great example of this - religion.

One side saying: "the world is run by a satanic ring of paedophiles and president trump is fighting back, but to undermine him the election was rigged."

And the other side saying:

"That's not true".

Is not a discussion. 

The people who support actions like what was seen on capitol Hill are extremists and should be treated as such, the venom that feeds them should be cut off at the source by any means necessary. People have got years in jail over here for sharing Jihadi content, what's the difference?

Fully agree, they need to be duly processed, but it shouldn't just be the idiots on the floor, it needs to hit the whole of the chain, otherwise it's a fucking sham, people will see it as a sham, and it will continue to feed their narrative(s) no mater how utterly ridiculous they may seem. 

None of these people just popped into view. They've been around for decades. There's always been an undercurrent of disaffected in the US, from the very first biker gangs that were started after World War two by people who didn't want to be part of society because of their experiences in combat, to fringe religious groups, survivalists and people in the deep south who still think the confederacy should have won. There's a historic of domestic terrorism with anti government people actually planting bombs (Timothy McVeigh I "think" was in that category.)

These clowns have always been a potential danger and had whole divisions of FBI assigned to track them.

The problem now is you've got a president and a fringe media infrastructure that's established a way of making money out of stoking these people's hate and mentalism. That's a direct threat to the country. If one of these clowns got their hands on a nuclear bomb would anyone be shocked or surprised to see Washington go up in smoke? Probably not, and that's fucked up. Fuckers need purging, as does everyone who enables them.

the problem now, is the same as the problem 30 years ago, most people have had their news fed to them via old media, even online - BBC, Daily Heil, News Corp etc are the most popular sources of info, these have been setting the tone over time that enable the fringe media.

Something as simple as this from well known conservative journalist investigating anti-semitism allegations against Corbyn Labour - no British media will pick it up - yeah keep going on about Corbyn, but it's fundamental to the argument about power in the west - that it is always loaded in favour of those wielding power, rather than what benefits the general public - the obfuscation of truth sits at the very top of the media pile, this level of misinformation enables those lower down fringe elements, as they can build on the lies and hate fulled by those further up.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/labour-antisemitism-forde-inquiry-leaked-report-what-happening

The purge needs to start at the top. not the bottom.

Regulate at the top and the bottom, if you just focus on the bottom, nothing will change and more bottom feeders will spring up.

Also look at the issues affecting the bottom, yeah they maybe a bit lower down the scale intelligence or education wise, but just shouting the thick fuckers should just understand the truth doesn't work, it's a shit approach, communication is 2 way, some of the stuff that Ashli bird was talking about were financial issues, similar things affected a lot of Brexit voters - look to fix them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

who is giving all opinions equal weight?

This is certainly not my point, my point is that the individuals who believe the Q stuff, the trump stuff, the shit that has been supported by the senators and other representatives who are in on the gig, the people at the bottom end, the ones being whipped into a frenzy, they have an inarguable belief that what they are following is true and everything you throw at them as proof, one of them (whether from the top or bottom) will come up with reason of why that supports their theory.

Have a listen to this interview: https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-xke2g-f70151 Jarlath Regan with Marion McKeone a journalist  based over there, she tells of how the teachers down to the kids in schools are so heavily indoctrinated into this shit.

Just telling them it's bollocks won't work -  we have a great example of this - religion.

Fully agree, they need to be duly processed, but it shouldn't just be the idiots on the floor, it needs to hit the whole of the chain, otherwise it's a fucking sham, people will see it as a sham, and it will continue to feed their narrative(s) no mater how utterly ridiculous they may seem. 

the problem now, is the same as the problem 30 years ago, most people have had their news fed to them via old media, even online - BBC, Daily Heil, News Corp etc are the most popular sources of info, these have been setting the tone over time that enable the fringe media.

Something as simple as this from well known conservative journalist investigating anti-semitism allegations against Corbyn Labour - no British media will pick it up - yeah keep going on about Corbyn, but it's fundamental to the argument about power in the west - that it is always loaded in favour of those wielding power, rather than what benefits the general public - the obfuscation of truth sits at the very top of the media pile, this level of misinformation enables those lower down fringe elements, as they can build on the lies and hate fulled by those further up.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/labour-antisemitism-forde-inquiry-leaked-report-what-happening

The purge needs to start at the top. not the bottom.

Regulate at the top and the bottom, if you just focus on the bottom, nothing will change and more bottom feeders will spring up.

Also look at the issues affecting the bottom, yeah they maybe a bit lower down the scale intelligence or education wise, but just shouting the thick fuckers should just understand the truth doesn't work, it's a shit approach, communication is 2 way, some of the stuff that Ashli bird was talking about were financial issues, similar things affected a lot of Brexit voters - look to fix them.

We have everything arse-about in dealing with societal problems.

Instead of starting things like equality and diversity at the bottom - you know, equal wages for men and women etc, making it entrenched from the minute you enter the workforce - instead we get a celebrity woman on $1.5m a year in the media complaining that her male compere gets $1.8million a year.  

Yeah, that debate really helps grass roots society.

Other than blame or abuse, or worse, just being patronised, the bottom never gets a look in or a leg-up so they can at least see what's going on, rather than make bad, uninformed guesses... while all the while the top craps on about elite, superficial, privileged, 1st world injustices.

I'm appreciating your points here, Cev, even though I'm doing a very bad, inarticulate job of it.

14 hours ago, mattyq said:

I've been saying this for some time

That guy just gets it

Is it any coincidence that women were first given the vote in 1918 which just so happened to be the same year as the last global pandemic?

Also, in 1918 we still had a massive fuck off Empire and with women being given the vote that's all been thrown away

Some women, think in 1918 you still had to own a house or some strange shit to be enfranchised. So a bit like how liberals and the Tories would like to have things again.

Less of the uneducated and unwashed getting their votes wrong.

(I get that yer post was a piss take but it underpins an important point)

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't disagree something needs to be done. They don't just have a dominant position in a certain part of tech, they pretty much dominate that, our online retailing (which on this pandemic means retailing), our communication systems and they know where we are and what we're up to 24/7. I would break them all up. But it will need global cooperation to do this. We also need to consider how these "soft" products are taxed. 

You still would though wouldn't you? 

Fully agree, the people behind these companies, especially the post millennium one, are so heavily diversified, with fingers in so many pies. 
Paypal gave us Musk & Thiel, consider what each of those is into, Musk seems the less nefarious at the minute, but both are of a clear libertarian bent, Thiel is clearly pursuing this through Palantir, he was also one of the 1st investors to Facebook.

FaceBook as previously stated has workplace so it can monitor us dusk till dawn, even to the point of switching from workplace to FB/Instagram/WhatsApp when you go take a shite at work, if you are invested in the system they can track you around the clock.

Every time some new platform arrives these bastards try to buy them, and due to the costs involved - no-one outside of the mega technocrats can afford them.

people are also so reluctant to change platforms, even when you clearly state the problem and possible solutions to them.

The need for a global solution, I think will only one when you have major blocs such as the EU or US making progressive changes. Problem with this is the people most heavily invested, will do what ever they can to prevent this, and I think part of the Brexit deal was definitely with regards to tracking and seriously disincentivising offshore accounting, rather than setting low slap-on-the-wrist non-punitive fines that are then built into the financial planning of the firms breaking the rules.

Bow your greater industry knowledge on this shit.

and yes, the Swede, mosdef, yes.

19 minutes ago, skaro said:

We have everything arse-about in dealing with societal problems.

Instead of starting things like equality and diversity at the bottom - you know, equal wages for men and women etc, making it entrenched from the minute you enter the workforce - instead we get a celebrity woman on $1.5m a year in the media complaining that her male compere gets $1.8million a year.  

Yeah, that debate really helps grass roots society.

Other than blame or abuse, or worse, just being patronised, the bottom never gets a look in or a leg-up so they can at least see what's going on, rather than make bad, uninformed guesses... while all the while the top craps on about elite, superficial, privileged, 1st world injustices.

I'm appreciating your points here, Cev, even though I'm doing a very bad, inarticulate job of it.

Haha all good John, as you say it’s upside down and as long as it continues so, this shit will happen.

we have to hope for some kind of benign dictatorship along the lines of the Jedi council.

Working capacity requirements are going down yearly (for the bullshit jobs anyway), ML is slowly infiltrating the arts, UBI has to come at some point, I half think there are a few at the top who want to see the global population reduced via global warming, which is behind the big money end of times safety shacks in NZ.

only time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Senator Mitch McConnell believes Donald Trump has committed impeachable offences, a report says.

The senate majority leader has told associates that he is happy Democrats have moved to impeach Mr Trump as it will make it easier to re-build the Republican party, according to the New York Times.

Not that the evil old cunt will actively do anything to help.

4 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Some women, think in 1918 you still had to own a house or some strange shit to be enfranchised. So a bit like how liberals and the Tories would like to have things again.

Less of the uneducated and unwashed getting their votes wrong.

(I get that yer post was a piss take but it underpins an important point)

Fully agree, the people behind these companies, especially the post millennium one, are so heavily diversified, with fingers in so many pies. 
Paypal gave us Musk & Thiel, consider what each of those is into, Musk seems the less nefarious at the minute, but both are of a clear libertarian bent, Thiel is clearly pursuing this through Palantir, he was also one of the 1st investors to Facebook.

FaceBook as previously stated has workplace so it can monitor us dusk till dawn, even to the point of switching from workplace to FB/Instagram/WhatsApp when you go take a shite at work, if you are invested in the system they can track you around the clock.

Every time some new platform arrives these bastards try to buy them, and due to the costs involved - no-one outside of the mega technocrats can afford them.

people are also so reluctant to change platforms, even when you clearly state the problem and possible solutions to them.

The need for a global solution, I think will only one when you have major blocs such as the EU or US making progressive changes. Problem with this is the people most heavily invested, will do what ever they can to prevent this, and I think part of the Brexit deal was definitely with regards to tracking and seriously disincentivising offshore accounting, rather than setting low slap-on-the-wrist non-punitive fines that are then built into the financial planning of the firms breaking the rules.

Bow your greater industry knowledge on this shit.

and yes, the Swede, mosdef, yes.

This is why I would look to break these companies up. You've hit the nail on the head. I honestly think the governments actually like what they do. They've built the greatest surveillance system the world has ever seen and got us all to volunteer to be survielled. Just look at last week at the Capitol. Within 24 hours the key players were identified and named. But not by the police of FBI, they were still appealing for help. They were all called out by social media. Because they know where we all are. They have our faces and can perform quick facial recognition. They've a platform with most of the world on, so you almost get access to an "informant" network of billions. The thing is, everyone is made up when it's cunts doing what they did last week. But what if this had gone the other way? What if these platforms were pro-trump, what if he'd managed to get Pence to do what he wanted and in effect implemented a coup by rejecting the certified votes? Then when there would rightly be opposition, they can stop it in a heart beat because they know who everyone is, where they are, so police services can stop any protest before it even begins. It's actually quite frightening where we are with these tech companies. I don't know how we roll it back though. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

This is why I would look to break these companies up. You've hit the nail on the head. I honestly think the governments actually like what they do. They've built the greatest surveillance system the world has ever seen and got us all to volunteer to be survielled. Just look at last week at the Capitol. Within 24 hours the key players were identified and named. But not by the police of FBI, they were still appealing for help. They were all called out by social media. Because they know where we all are. They have our faces and can perform quick facial recognition. They've a platform with most of the world on, so you almost get access to an "informant" network of billions. The thing is, everyone is made up when it's cunts doing what they did last week. But what if this had gone the other way? What if these platforms were pro-trump, what if he'd managed to get Pence to do what he wanted and in effect implemented a coup by rejecting the certified votes? Then when there would rightly be opposition, they can stop it in a heart beat because they know who everyone is, where they are, so police services can stop any protest before it even begins. It's actually quite frightening where we are with these tech companies. I don't know how we roll it back though. 

Stewart Lee: "I hate Twitter. It's like a state surveillance agency run by gullible volunteers. A Stasi for the Angry Birds generation."

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

Pence won’t be invoking the 25th amendment. The Senate won’t vote for Impeachment.

A big waste of time all round.

If impeachment gets to the senate, the senate can hold a second vote to disqualify the president from holding office in the future. They only need a simple majority for that. A lot of GOP's will want to see the back of Trump without actually impeaching him.

That being said, if you vote against Trump then you are putting yourself in the firing line. Lot of well armed loonies about.

Another victim of the 6th January. Really sad to see someone disappear down a rabbit hole, do something remarkably stupid because he was encouraged by the leader of his country, then feel he has to take his own life because of the potential consequences.

30 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Another victim of the 6th January. Really sad to see someone disappear down a rabbit hole, do something remarkably stupid because he was encouraged by the leader of his country, then feel he has to take his own life because of the potential consequences.

Or, the mentally-ill leading the mentally-ill.

What could possibly go wrong?

Somewhere in deepest darkest Amercia, someone is furiously typing away in order to come up with some absurd conspiracy that links this man and the police officer who also killed himself. They will both be NWO shills by the morning, offed because they knew too much and were going to expose the antifa plot to storm the capital and at the same time, massive pawns in Trumps plan to throw Biden in jail and string up Pelosi on the lawn of the White House.