You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, SasaS said:

Oh, now you like Amazon and Jeff Bezos? As a rule, I think if you are "inciting murder", it is not up to the private business to act against you, it should be under the purview of the judiciary and law enforcing agencies.

It's not a question of "liking" or disliking Bezos or Amazon. That would be silly.

I think companies should act responsibly. That includes paying taxes, treating workers properly and refusing to give a platform to those who abuse it by inciting murder.

I don't ask for much.

This whole “free speech!” part of the debate is bonkers. You are free to say what you want. The problem is, if you break laws with your words, either directly or indirectly, you’ll be prosecuted and won’t be able to spout that shite any more.

It’s really not hard to understand.

55 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Thanks I'd forgot about that. I was wondering how the hell he navigated the site because I've had no idea how to do that in what I think has been a total of about 5-10 minutes that I've spent on there in the past. Half of that was probably looking at Icke's page to see what he's been saying since getting thrown off other social media.

I can't really argue for Parler because of the situation they're in like you pointed out. There's idiots all over the site, the people running it are trying to make sure they allow all speech, and it looks like that's in part led to the storming of US congress. I'm more bothered about where this leads to in the future and will have to hope that whatever monopoly problems the big tech corps are engaging in is sorted out somehow.

As I say, that's what antitrust laws are for. As I mentioned in my other post, I personally think there needs to be some consideration in breaking some of these companies up because they are too big. I'm not sure it's quite right there should be a company with turnover the equivalent of the GDP of a mid-sized EU nation. But that just isn't the problem here. The problem is Parler and the cunts who post on it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Good thinking, David Icke’s take on this is vitally important.  

Agreed. Icke’s input will be vital, now that Kayleigh’s lizard transformation has begun. We’ll need all the expert analysis we can get........

......that’s a joke Howie

EE76576E-2EB0-48F6-9CA8-44CDB0B02C96.png

• Upvote 1

I realise I’m well behind the curve in this thread but shocking as last week was, it was also fucking hilarious.

That guy dressed as a Minator was hysterical. His interview was even better, what a crackpot.

Just imagine the US giving it the holier than now attitude if this happened in a Middle East country or somewhere. 

On 08/01/2021 at 12:20, Brownie said:

CNN interviewed the lad who filmed it yesterday. He said the police told the rioters not to attempt to go through that door or they’d be shot.

She ignored them and got shot.

I’m intrigued - CNN interviewed a ‘lad who filmed it’ and he’s being distinguished from the rioters, even though he was running with the rioters. Surely he was a blinking rioter?

I absolutely guarantee if you got all these fringe media wankers and paid them not to do this stuff, their desire to liberate the country from the satanic paedophile communist hordes would dry up pretty quickly. 

Steve Bannon was perfect on that score. Right wing twat that's spewed nothing but bile about Mexico and China, gets arrested for swindling Elmer Fudds out of their meth money to "fund a wall" and is found on a Chinese billionaire's boat.

It's the same over here, Farage with his German passport, Hartley Brewer, Toby Young, all these twats who've profited from stoking bile.

The media outlets which give them a platform purely for social media and Internet shares, coupled with the abject laziness and idiocy or Joe Six-pack, are the real problem.

A self contained industry of endless twattery complete with producers, middlemen and consumers.

• Upvote 1