You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

35? Luvly. Its been a cold December across the Tasman here.

It hasn't been especially hot here in Melb at all.

Mainly low 20s all summer so far, even a few days in the teens.

Which has given us a a little respite from local climate discourse since "the hottest Spring on record".

On 09/01/2021 at 20:12, Anubis said:

Barry Wom should be able to confirm. He’s been getting one a week.

One a week! I wish! It was about 20 a day close to the election. It dropped a little after but still a good pace. Then since the electoral college it mostly slowed to a few a day trying to get you to donate in return for a prize draw of a signed MAGA hat. I haven't had one email since 6th January. I've just followed one of the links though, so he's still collecting. 

13 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Tut tut naughty nancy

Were you able to squint through the actual content of the article. First it is behind a paywall so the quoted part has very little to do with it.

The Pentagon had discussions with numerous Congressmen and Women about the security of the nuclear codes.

But you know that cuz you are an avid reader, erm browser.

And a WUM.

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

One a week! I wish! It was about 20 a day close to the election. It dropped a little after but still a good pace. Then since the electoral college it mostly slowed to a few a day trying to get you to donate in return for a prize draw of a signed MAGA hat. I haven't had one email since 6th January. I've just followed one of the links though, so he's still collecting. 

If that didn't get you to open and empty your wallet, you tight-ass bastard, I don't know if there's any hope for you!

1 hour ago, skaro said:

Has Lucy Lawless gone on to be a professor at Yale?

Or Jacinda's Foreign Secretary?

Dunno but she has gone on to be a bit of an eco-warrior getting arrested once on an oil drilling protest.  She seems a decent lass.

And Xena pisses all over Hercules.

1 hour ago, skaro said:

It's 35 celsius here... I've switched off the cricket and am off in search of a copy.  On foot.

Would like to see Pant bring up a century here and India to not lose a wicket in this session to make things interesting.

Think once the next one goes then the Aussies will run through the rest pretty quickly though.

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Would like to see Pant bring up a century here and India to not lose a wicket in this session to make things interesting.

Think once the next one goes then the Aussies will run through the rest pretty quickly though.

Two hours ago, I thought it mightn't go past lunch.

I'd be more than happy for a Pant 200 to pull off a miracle.

He's a magnificent attacking bat.