You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The points is not why?

The point is they did.

They attacked democratic institutions based on a demonstrable lie, they have no legitimacy  and should not be spoken of as in any way having any. America is a shit hole for its least well off, but that isn’t what’s being discussed, it’s terrorists/rioters/insurrectionists, no matter what amount of brain washing they’ve been subjected to, they still, through their own volition committed an act of sedition against the state based on demonstrably false claims, they have no right of protest or legitimate claim to grievance based on these.

There are not two versions of truth, there is one and one that is based entirely on a lie that has been used to weaponise idiots and the disenfranchised for whatever reason and to accept the second is to legitimate, which we can not.

Sorry but the last paragraph is bollocks.

the only verifiable truths we have come from the sciences, maths, physics etc and even those are only true until they are proven false.

if you fail to accept any nuance then you commit the same foolish mistake as those on the opposite side of the coin.

this is what has gotten us to where we in the west are today.

no longer is there debate, now it is all black and white, true or false, left or right.

were labour riddled with anti-semites under Corbyn - yes / no

Jeremy Corbyn could

never be prime minister - yes / no

boris Johnson will get us through Brexit - yes / no

this shit needs to change, answers are not this simple.

Many more people are far closer on certain issues than others, using an iron curtain to distinguish one from another on single issues means less chance of removing the divisions, which means the spiral down will continue.

23 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Sorry but the last paragraph is bollocks.

the only verifiable truths we have come from the sciences, maths, physics etc and even those are only true until they are proven false.

if you fail to accept any nuance then you commit the same foolish mistake as those on the opposite side of the coin.

this is what has gotten us to where we in the west are today.

no longer is there debate, now it is all black and white, true or false, left or right.

were labour riddled with anti-semites under Corbyn - yes / no

Jeremy Corbyn could

never be prime minister - yes / no

boris Johnson will get us through Brexit - yes / no

this shit needs to change, answers are not this simple.

Many more people are far closer on certain issues than others, using an iron curtain to distinguish one from another on single issues means less chance of removing the divisions, which means the spiral down will continue.

Don’t talk shit with arguments from false equivalence.

We have to understand the reason for it, we don’t have to accept it, logically accepting something which holds no truth will not happen

You can talk about the wider contextualised nature of it and that’s fascinating, doesn’t stop it being entirely false and based on lies and this can not be allowed to not be part of any conversation, either immediate or wider.

Of course I accept there is another idea, another theory, but this one is by any examination demonstrably false and should be treated as such, anything else is legitimation.

GOP Chair of Nye County, Nevada, is a full-on QAnon nut. This is the problem the Republican Party have. At least a third of them are now here.

https://nyegop.org/2021/01/08/a-letter-from-the-chairman/?v=7516fd43adaa

A Letter from the Nye County Chairman

• January 8, 2021
trump-e1600297581336-640x350.jpg

Update: some have asked why I didn’t sign my name to this post.  The answer is simple: the intended audience was our rural membership and they all know me.

As I write to you today, I have no doubt that this letter will find many of you crushed under the weight of despair or perhaps lost in a maze of confusion. It is my hope that by the time you finish reading this letter you will be able to confidently join millions of others who support the president and another four years.

Let me be clear: Trump will be president for another four years. Biden will not be president. Yes, I know those are shocking words in these crazy days.

I have been approached by many saying, “It’s over…” and “Trump conceded the election…”. Nothing of the sort has taken place. Go back and listen to the videos all the way through. At no point does Trump even mention Biden’s name. At no point does he say he concedes. He does say that there will be a peaceful transition to a new administration and he does say that this is only the beginning. Those phrases are important to note. Indeed, we will have a new administration made up of a new vice president and cabinet as the current ones have all made their treason complete. I will touch on this in more detail shortly.

We do well to remember that for more than four years Donald Trump has been five steps ahead of everyone in every attempt to derail him, impeach him, or confound him. For example, he announced on election night in the early hours of the morning that he “didn’t want a dump of ballots at 4AM.” What happened in just a few short hours at almost exactly 4AM? A huge ballot dump took place which showed that he already knew that it was going to take place. That was a public word to the enemies of our country that he was on to them. Also, consider the recent incident at the capitol building in DC. Trump was late to his speaking engagement and then spoke on a number of rehashed things to the crowd of 500K+ but this created a problem. You see, if Trump had spoken on time and briefly, the MAGA crowd would have been at the capitol building with the Antifa faction and likely would have been drawn into the fray by accident and confusion due to the crowd size. With Trump speaking late and long, the MAGA crowd was PROTECTED and SEPARATED from the Antifa groups. It would be very clear that the disguised Antifa people were 95%+ of the people in the building. Again, Trump countered because he was steps ahead of them. This was clearly a staged event meant to blame Trump supporters and try to frame Trump so the 25th amendment could be used by Congress but it failed. Nevermind the numerous videos showing the police opening the gates for Antifa (they didn’t fight their way in) and then leading them throughout the building.  

I say all this as only two examples out of many that at no point has our president been in a fight of desperation.  

Now you may ask, “Why hasn’t Trump arrested anyone yet? Why did this have to go all the way to Congress?” Multiple reasons: first, Trump has been adamant in following the rule of law and the Constitution. He gives everyone, no matter how dirty, an opportunity to do the right thing (sometimes with warnings such as the phone call with the Georgia Secretary of State recently). He pushed cases through the courts, he presented evidence to the legislatures, and he even told the vice president to do the right thing. But with the betrayal by Pence and Congress, the treason is now complete and nobody can say that Trump did not allow the process to finish before acting. Second, in order to drain the swamp you have to know who are the swamp creatures. They can blend in very well with the crowds. But the false event in the capitol revealed the final traitors for who they were regardless of party affiliation. Trump flushed them out of hiding.  

I need to take a moment to speak on Pence. With his treason completed, many of you may not know of his dealings and political posturing prior to the infamous day in the capitol. Pence was already wheeling and dealing way back during the 2016 election season with…wait for it….Paul Ryan. Remember Ryan? The RINO speaker of the house? Look at these emails that were recently revealed:

Pence was also involved with a scheme to oust Trump sometime during his first four years that was orchestrated by Rod Rosenstein and supported by the Clintons. The plan: get rid of Trump, become president and then appoint Rod Rosenstein as the new VP. Why would they want that? Because they felt Pence could be controlled. See these links for the 3 part series for more information:

More could be said but I don’t want this letter to become more of a book than it already is. Suffice it to say that when Trump said at the DC rally that he hoped Pence would do the right thing, he already knew what he was going to do but was, yet again, giving the man space to choose to do the right thing.

Now, nobody has been more supportive of Trump than Lin Wood. This man’s career has been fighting defamation lawsuits which means that he doesn’t say things, no matter how outrageous they may seem, without them being true as he knows the consequences of slander. With this in mind, Lin Wood has become a fountain of information and leaks of hitherto unknown information revealing some of the depths of corruption and evil in our highest offices. This is the same man who recently said that arrests are coming over the next few days. He called Pence a traitor well before the counting of the elector votes on the 6th. But did you know that he also said that the president, following the capitol incident, left DC on a “Doomsday” aircraft (used for communications in the event of a nuclear war) with his family and was in Abilene, TX. This aircraft was confirmed by both flight trackers and eyes on the ground. In short, he is a trustworthy source of information. If you have a means to follow Lin Wood on Parler, I would highly recommend that you do so to stay abreast of things taking place.  You can also listen to this podcast: Podcast 

So, what comes next? I don’t have the particulars but I can give you milestones to watch for as the coming days unfold:

1. Expect the emergency broadcast system to be activated. The FCC just recently released a memorandum speaking to the requirements under Federal law to send messages from the president to the public. See this link
  2. Expect confusion. We are in a battle for our republic against elites that are attempting the very coup that they are accusing Trump of doing. In battle, there will be disinformation but know that plans are being fulfilled.
  3. Expect high profile arrests to take place over the next 12 days and at any time. You may wake one morning to find someone in high office is no longer there.
  4. Expect this to be a bumpy ride to the very end. This is not a television show where things are resolved in 45 minutes.  
  5. Expect more bombshell evidence to be released between now and Jan. 20th.
  6. Expect some sort of internet blackout or outage: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Gmail are likely going to be affected. If you don’t have alternate forms of communication established now, it would be a good idea to start forming them even if it’s just checking on your nextdoor neighbors.  
  7. Expect Trump to be inaugurated on Jan 20th!
  8. Expect the executive order from 2018 and/or the Insurrection Act to be enacted. This DOES NOT mean martial law. Remember that we have been under a state of emergency since 2018 which gives the president many powers to act.

These things may happen out of the order listed and some may happen multiple times. As I have been watching closely, many things have been and are in play as we speak. Remember that Trump has not and will not give up. He actually takes his oath of office to defend the Constitution against enemies foreign and domestic very seriously. This is why they are so panicked in DC: they know that Trump will fight while Congress just rolls over.  

I’ve mentioned this before but it bears repeating. None of us would have believed what we all now know except that Trump and his team have painstakingly taken the time to show the public. Want to show what Congress thinks of you? Highlight that the stimulus bill only sent $600 to each American but billions to other countries (payoffs, money laundering). Want to show the extent of collusion with the CCP at all levels of government? Bring multiple lawsuits against the election fraud from the local courts all the way to the Supreme Court which will show just how brazenly treasonous the judges are. Want the public to see how rigged the election system has been for many years? Present the evidence openly as we have seen. Even this week we have sworn testimony out of Italy that the Leonardo defense contractor used satellites to change the votes from our election in the USA from Italy. These Dominion voting machines were actively sending data to Germany, Serbia, China, Iran, and now Rome. This corruption is MUCH bigger than any of us expected but none of us would have believed it until now. This is why things seem to have taken so long. 

Now, the American public is awake and ready to take back their long forgotten responsibilities to hold the elected officials accountable. I have heard from many of you how upset you are with the obvious and willful disregard for the truth and for justice.

As the days unfold, let’s maintain communications among ourselves and try to help our neighbor to understand what is happening. Turn off the television as they have demonstrated they are clearly only falsifying the media to maintain control over your thinking. Do not despair but pray for our country, for Trump and his supporters, and for a national repentance to be stirred nationwide.  

The next 12 days will be something to tell the grandchildren! It’s 1776 all over again!

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

GOP Chair of Nye County, Nevada, is a full-on QAnon nut. This is the problem the Republican Party have. At least a third of them are now here.

https://nyegop.org/2021/01/08/a-letter-from-the-chairman/?v=7516fd43adaa

You have to ask about who’s leading who here?

Are they ‘really’ in to it, or are they using it to consolidate their position, neither are great, the second is insidious, the first blows my fucking mind.

The comments section under that letter is something to behold. Contributions from the UK, Germany and Switzerland as well. I’d like to ask McDonnel, Cruz,  Hawley et al the same question from the end of Cabaret - so, do you still think you can control them?

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

A heavily trained militia group???? Fuck off it was a gang of red-necks who got a free pass 

It’s becoming increasingly apparent that wasn’t the case. I agree a lot of them will have been working class conspiracy theorists, but we’ve now got police officers, lawyers and elected officials involved, so some of them we’re middle class. And there was definitely an element of militia there who were organised and intent on something a bit more sinister than just breaking in. They may have used the others for cover, but they were there. And part of what led us to the 6th January was most people thinking they were rednecks.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It’s becoming increasingly apparent that wasn’t the case. I agree a lot of them will have been working class conspiracy theorists, but we’ve now got police officers, lawyers and elected officials involved, so some of them we’re middle class. And there was definitely an element of militia there who were organised and intent on something a bit more sinister than just breaking in. They may have used the others for cover, but they were there. And part of what led us to the 6th January was most people thinking they were rednecks.

A sophisticated network of Ivy League auto-bollock-taserers.

Coups aren't what they used to be.

'The name of God was everywhere during Wednesday’s insurrection against the American government. The mob carried signs and flag declaring jesus saves! and god, guns & guts made america, let’s keep all three. Some were participants in the Jericho March, a gathering of Christians to “pray, march, fast, and rally for election integrity.” After calling on God to “save the republic” during rallies at state capitols and in D.C. over the past two months, the marchers returned to Washington with flourish. On the National Mall, one man waved the flag of Israel above a sign begging passersby to say yes to jesus. “Shout if you love Jesus!” someone yelled, and the crowd cheered. “Shout if you love Trump!” The crowd cheered louder. The group’s name is drawn from the biblical story of Jericho, “a city of false gods and corruption,” the march’s website says. Just as God instructed Joshua to march around Jericho seven times with priests blowing trumpets, Christians gathered in D.C., blowing shofars, the ram’s horn typically used in Jewish worship, to banish the “darkness of election fraud” and ensure that “the walls of corruption crumble.”

Read: Mass delusion in America

The Jericho March is evidence that Donald Trump has bent elements of American Christianity to his will, and that many Christians have obligingly remade their faith in his image. Defiant masses literally broke down the walls of government, some believing they were marching under Jesus’s banner to implement God’s will to keep Trump in the White House. The group’s co-founders are essentially unknown in the organized Christian world. Robert Weaver, an evangelical Oklahoma insurance salesman, was nominated by Trump to lead the Indian Health Service but withdrew after The Wall Street Journal reported that he misrepresented his qualifications. Arina Grossu, who is Catholic, recently worked as a contract communications adviser at the Department of Health and Human Services. (Weaver and Grossu declined to comment. “Jericho March denounces any and all acts of violence and destruction, including any that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th, 2021,” a PR spokesperson for the March wrote to me in an email after the publication of this article.) Still, they will have far more influence in shaping the reputation of Christianity for the outside world than many denominational giants: They helped stage a stunning effort to circumvent the 2020 election, all in the name of their faith. White evangelicals, in particular, overwhelmingly supported Trump in 2016 and 2020. Some of these supporters participated in the attack on the Capitol on Wednesday. But many in the country hold all Trump voters responsible—especially those who lent him the moral authority of their faith.

This realization has shaken Christian leaders. “I certainly did not believe, or have any anticipation, that [Trump] would take matters to the extent that have become clear over the last few weeks,” Albert Mohler, the head of an influential evangelical seminary in Kentucky who hopes to be the next president of the Southern Baptist Convention, told me. Mohler opposed Trump in 2016, citing what he saw as the candidate’s poor character. But last spring, he publicly declared that he would support Trump in 2020 and vote for Republican presidential candidates for the rest of his life. “We are undoubtedly in an agonizing moment, in which evangelical Christians who supported Donald Trump now find ourselves in the position of being tremendously embarrassed by this most recent behavior,” he told me.

Mohler said he was shocked by the triumph of the mob on Wednesday. He could not believe that the president had explicitly encouraged this attack on the constitutional process. “Conservatives do not believe there is any excuse, whatsoever, for unleashing what amounts to a destructive rage on the nation,” he said. I asked him whether evangelicals who supported Trump have an obligation to grapple with their role in enabling Trump’s behavior. “I honestly don’t know the extent to which history will record the evangelicals—I’m trying to think of the word you just used for supporting the president. What was the word you just used? Enabling the president,” he said. “I’ve been very clear in my criticism of the president’s bad behavior.” Surely he didn’t vote for this. He couldn’t have known that this is how Trump would end things. But he sees that evangelicals are due for a reckoning in their own house. “Where we find ourselves in the wrong, repentance is always called for.”

Other evangelical leaders who have mostly stayed silent during Trump’s time in office finally spoke out on Wednesday. “Armed breaching of capitol security behind a confederate flag is anarchy, unAmerican, criminal treason and domestic terrorism. President Trump must clearly tell his supporters ‘We lost. Go home now,’” tweeted Rick Warren, an influential California megachurch pastor. But it was too late. Someone else had already grabbed the megaphone.

“This is bigger than one election,” Grossu says on the Jericho March website. “This is about protecting free and fair elections for the future and saving America from tyranny.” Paranoid thinking abounded among the protesters in D.C.; the QAnon conspiracy has circulated within some evangelical circles. On Wednesday, the Jericho March account tweeted a screenshot of Trump condemning Vice President Mike Pence for not stopping the certification of the Electoral College votes. “A sad day in America,” it said, along with prayer-hands emojis. The march organizers were not mourning the attack on the Capitol. They were mourning the vice president’s refusal to help the president overturn the election.'

Well, that's just dandy, god's in on this bullshit now.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/01/evangelicals-catholics-jericho-march-capitol/617591/