You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

I'd hazard a guess that whatever the mental gymnastics required to work out that shit, Trump hasn't got the wherewithal to do it. It appears to the uninitiated, me, to be something done after the fact to make it look like a coded message.

It's confusing, in that it appears to use the same figures/numbers twice in some cases, to eventually get to whatever message they want it to be. That may be naivety on my part, but that's how it appears.

Simple Gematria is a Jewish form of numerology where letters of the Hebrew alphabet are given numerical values. If he's really doing this, then he's most likely asking son-in-law, Kushner, to write messages in a usable and decipherable form. There's no fucking way he's doing it himself on his own brainpower.

10 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Some of the protestors has 6mwne on their t shirts. This is code fir 6 million was not enough, a Holocaust reference. These people are pure fascists. 

We mustn’t forget that the Nazi final solution had it’s roots in American Eugenics.

https://www.nature.com/scitable/forums/genetics-generation/america-s-hidden-history-the-eugenics-movement-123919444/

10 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Some of the protestors has 6mwne on their t shirts. This is code fir 6 million was not enough, a Holocaust reference. These people are pure fascists. 

Yes and some of them were dressed as Jamiroquai, or the SAS, and some took their ma along with them, some of them are undoubtedly fascists, same as a good few Tories are, some may be hateful anti-semites.
Failing to recognise any nuance, or take anything from why they were there will only see the divide continue, and issues worsen.

the woman who was shot, whilst having a fair old rant in her car made quite a few clear statements on why she was going, and some of them were understandable, whether they were valid or not I can’t say as I don’t know her circumstances 

9 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

Hope he can relax as comfortably with his feet up and appreciate the cell bed he'll be on for the foreseeable future. 

This dude was about 70 if I recall rightly, If he gets banged up, he has a good chance of being heralded by some dickhead white supremacist gang inside, and will spend a few years as a “ celebrity” whilst being fed and sheltered, for some that level of recognition will be enough to make the jail time worth it.

6 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

We mustn’t forget that the Nazi final solution had it’s roots in American Eugenics.

https://www.nature.com/scitable/forums/genetics-generation/america-s-hidden-history-the-eugenics-movement-123919444/

I love you man - it is interesting how you are latched onto US history.

Eugenics started centuries ago. Greece and Italy. Modern eugenics ( read last 2 centuries) has its roots in UK science.

US involvement was based on racial issues - no mixed marriage. Then came the Nazis - that is about 80 years ago.

Then China began enforcing one son. Now folks around the world are testing for chromosomal deficiencies and implanting eggs from "superior" donors.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

I'd hazard a guess that whatever the mental gymnastics required to work out that shit, Trump hasn't got the wherewithal to do it. It appears to the uninitiated, me, to be something done after the fact to make it look like a coded message.

It's confusing, in that it appears to use the same figures/numbers twice in some cases, to eventually get to whatever message they want it to be. That may be naivety on my part, but that's how it appears.

Simple Gematria is a Jewish form of numerology where letters of the Hebrew alphabet are given numerical values. If he's really doing this, then he's most likely asking son-in-law, Kushner, to write messages in a usable and decipherable form. There's no fucking way he's doing it himself on his own brainpower.

It will be the irony of ironies if these whackjobs are using a secret jewish code.

52 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Yes and some of them were dressed as Jamiroquai, or the SAS, and some took their ma along with them, some of them are undoubtedly fascists, same as a good few Tories are, some may be hateful anti-semites.
Failing to recognise any nuance, or take anything from why they were there will only see the divide continue, and issues worsen.

the woman who was shot, whilst having a fair old rant in her car made quite a few clear statements on why she was going, and some of them were understandable, whether they were valid or not I can’t say as I don’t know her circumstances 

Good post. Nuance. Sadly lacking in some of this thread.

Whether or not the number was a million or so (ok I was inaccurate in my estimation) or several hundred thousand, or two hundred thousand or only 100 thousand, only a fraction of the assembled crowds of people chose to cross the very distinct boundary, and forcibly enter the building.

Did they have grievances? Well yes, they had mainstream tv and amateur video circulating post election either pointing the finger at the dems for running an unconstitutional campaign, or worse, hinting at official tampering of ballots.

It certainly wasn’t  conjured up out of their rich imagination.

Was there only tampering in the States Trump lost the Presidential vote? And only in the Prez part?

You notice there was no mention of "fraud" in any state Trump won.

It would be difficult to explain how down ballot Republicans won in places where there was "ballot tampering" wouldn't it?

Essentially folks would have had to individually change just the vote for President - one at a time.

And by this time you have to have realized that there was never any place that didn't have witnesses from both parties verifying votes.

Can you see why it is hard to view you as anything but a right wing conspiracist? It is the basis for everything you post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

I love you man - it is interesting how you are latched onto US history.

Eugenics started centuries ago. Greece and Italy. Modern eugenics ( read last 2 centuries) has its roots in UK science.

US involvement was based on racial issues - no mixed marriage. Then came the Nazis - that is about 80 years ago.

Then China began enforcing one son. Now folks around the world are testing for chromosomal deficiencies and implanting eggs from "superior" donors.

I'm halfway through the book "Superior: The Return of Race Science" by Angela Saini and I've just, 20 minutes ago, finished the chapter on Galton and Pearson and the pioneering modern eugenecists.  Their ideas were quickly picked up in the US  (special mention to Madison Grant) and elsewhere, but modern eugenics can't really be called "American" since it was Made in England. 

33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Was there only tampering in the States Trump lost the Presidential vote? And only in the Prez part?

You notice there was no mention of "fraud" in any state Trump won.

It would be difficult to explain how down ballot Republicans won in places where there was "ballot tampering" wouldn't it?

Essentially folks would have had to individually change just the vote for President - one at a time.

And by this time you have to have realized that there was never any place that didn't have witnesses from both parties verifying votes.

Can you see why it is hard to view you as anything but a right wing conspiracist? It is the basis for everything you post.

You’ve missed my point, somewhat.

let me try to be a bit clearer. 

The mainstream media is increasingly split right down the middle between the anti leftist bunch, and anti right (and now Trump) bunch.

If a right winger, wants to get a dose or fix of his or her daily news, he or she has to get it from the media that unfortunately, will indoctrinate him or her further into his or her views. The same applies on the left - you may disagree.

However, getting back to the large gathering in Washington on that fateful day - whether they were in ‘the few’ violent rioters, or in the majority of peaceful protesters, and yes, I distinguish between them, it wasn’t ‘all in their heads’.

I’m gonna cut this post short cos I’m busy, suffice to say, that it is my honest opinion, that the media in America - probably even internationally, has to accept that it has played a large part by isolating it’s citizens - it’s a bit more complicated than that, mainly due to Covid, but from where I’m sitting, I agree with RP - left or right, big government is fucking up the states and the supporting media of both factions, is complicit.

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Using that wide a definition the US military are protestors - cuz they do not like what is going on somewhere else. Just protesting. 

Do any of those serving in the military believe they are protesting in another country?

there will be plenty who have served in these ‘illegal’ wars who have believed they are acting justly, in both the best interests of the country being invaded and the US.

the beliefs are in the head of the people committing the actions, do they believe they are justified, it is unarguable that both here and in any of the us led invasions there will be people believing that what they are doing is justified.

14 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Thats if you take their justification for action, or protest, which we can not, so they are not protestors, they are actors committing a crime and an irrational act. 

So take a listen to the rant from the woman who was killed in the riot and ask the question, what was she going for? She was going as she had issues with her that she perceived as state failure, she may believe everything that she did was justified. 
Were there agent provocateurs involved who knew what they were up to WRT insurrection etc? Undoubtedly, this does not negate the fact that some of those involved will have believed they were fully justified in their actions.

14 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

This is fucking pointless.

If you want to split hairs and play semantics, fine, you do you, but’s in wrong in any way to give this any legitimacy. 

Allowing the idea that protesters were involved does not legitimise the actions of the riot.

does not legitimise the ideas of those who were carrying restraints and whatever ideas they had for using them.

But it does allow room for discussion, to air grievances, state cases and talk (why did the these people flock to Trump? Because he spoke to them, they felt relevant, even when he was calling them fucking hicks)
which is more likely to prevent further riots, than just calling them thick dickheads, who should be able to see the truth.

9 hours ago, Anubis said:

Similar stuff gets posted every few days. It’s just saddos desperate for attention and pretending they’re in the know. I’m actually beginning to think it might be Walmart’s social media department because they always advise people to stock up on 10-14 days worth of necessities.

It’s the political extension on MatthewBet1 and ATK and the ITK crew.

22 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

Do any of those serving in the military believe they are protesting in another country?

there will be plenty who have served in these ‘illegal’ wars who have believed they are acting justly, in both the best interests of the country being invaded and the US.

the beliefs are in the head of the people committing the actions, do they believe they are justified, it is unarguable that both here and in any of the us led invasions there will be people believing that what they are doing is justified.

So take a listen to the rant from the woman who was killed in the riot and ask the question, what was she going for? She was going as she had issues with her that she perceived as state failure, she may believe everything that she did was justified. 
Were there agent provocateurs involved who knew what they were up to WRT insurrection etc? Undoubtedly, this does not negate the fact that some of those involved will have believed they were fully justified in their actions.

Allowing the idea that protesters were involved does not legitimise the actions of the riot.

does not legitimise the ideas of those who were carrying restraints and whatever ideas they had for using them.

But it does allow room for discussion, to air grievances, state cases and talk (why did the these people flock to Trump? Because he spoke to them, they felt relevant, even when he was calling them fucking hicks)
which is more likely to prevent further riots, than just calling them thick dickheads, who should be able to see the truth.

The points is not why?

The point is they did.

They attacked democratic institutions based on a demonstrable lie, they have no legitimacy  and should not be spoken of as in any way having any. America is a shit hole for its least well off, but that isn’t what’s being discussed, it’s terrorists/rioters/insurrectionists, no matter what amount of brain washing they’ve been subjected to, they still, through their own volition committed an act of sedition against the state based on demonstrably false claims, they have no right of protest or legitimate claim to grievance based on these.

There are not two versions of truth, there is one and one that is based entirely on a lie that has been used to weaponise idiots and the disenfranchised for whatever reason and to accept the second is to legitimate, which we can not.

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

An informed, reasoned citizen does not "get it's fix" from any one source.

Fox, AON or wherever McEnany came from, Alex Jones et al, they do have choices that support the world view they have absorbed. 
some of these sources have been slowly building an alt right universe for over a decade, for the past 4 years the supposed leader of the free world along with various republican political faces have continued to push the message. 
fuck me you have a QAnon elected official.

8 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

(1)this is their argument also, just from the opposite perspective

(2)agreed, but this is a separate issue on whether or not these people are protesters. The fact they are being sold a lie, gives credence to their claims of protest.

(3)The violence may (or may not, depending on how far down the rabbit hole some have gone) be legitimate, but to continue to argue the protests are illegitimate and caused by ignorance is bollocks.

these people are being sold a big lie, they are heavily wrapped in it via their media channels and aided and abetted by elected officials.

(4)This isn’t Area 51 I believe shit, this is coming direct and indirect from the president of the United States.

add in the lack of policing for the capitol compared to BLM and basically a welcome mate from Hawley and co, this all goes to support their belief system.

(5)No by my rationale, they are protesting what they see is a coup by the deep state etc (whoever is the current focus of the QAnon shit) to remove Trump from a legitimate second term. Yes most of the world know this is bollocks, they however have enough references from elected and unelected officials and are so heavily invested in the big lie, that they continue to follow the thread. Even trump’s call to Georgia officials on 02/01 will have strengthened this.

1) ‘Alternative facts’ bullshit.

2) It gives less claim as it’s based on demonstrably false information that’s easy to falsify given five minutes of objective thought. If I’m going to run up on parliament I sure as shit would check if I’m right first. This is on them, no matter how much shit they’ve been served, they, through their own volition did this. There are larger powers at play, but the point stands that they physically did this.

3) There is no right to violent protest, only violent overthrow, which is it?

4) Agreed, it’s abhorrent, but when you’ll twist everything to fit your persecuted conspiracy everything seems like an affront, look how they turned on Pence and the rest of the traitors. They’re not thinking correctly and are dangers to the state.

5) This is a significant problem yes, but that’s part of the wider issue. The issue of them committing crimes against the state based on a demonstrably false conspiracy it what’s being discussed and by every objective measure they did.