You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, RedKnight said:

What happens when that shit doesn't happen? Who, apart from Red Phoenix, would believe that? Is that person just on the wind-up?

He'll make up an equally deranged rationalisation, fuck off for a week and then come back driving a pre-accepted narrative about how it was the Democrats' fault it didn't happen, but they made a fatal mistake and now Trump has them exactly where he wants them.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

What happens when that shit doesn't happen? Who, apart from Red Phoenix, would believe that? Is that person just on the wind-up?

We used to have neighbours who were Jehovas witnesses and at least three times while I was a kid they insisted that god was coming down on a white horse for the last day , but just shrugged it off with some convoluted bollocks when it never happened.

7 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I don't believe it. I've seen conspiracy theory stuff related to mass arrests for most of the last decade, it's never happened.

https://twitter.com/rmayemsinger/status/1347250902785093639/video/1

One thing I can't understand is how this video of the 'sedition party' with big screens everywhere has not made it to CNN. At the same time, they're quoting the GOP Senator Sasse, saying that Trump was 'enthusiastic' while watching the scenes unfold on TV. How could he have seen Trump's reaction without being there himself? Trump was only seen for about 20 seconds on the video, all of which was expressionless, just looking at a screen, at a time when nothing was happening.

I've no doubt that he would have shown more enthusiasm and excitement when it all started kicking off. But it seems clear that that was an event marquee party set up for the sole purpose of watching and celebrating what he'd called for. 

8 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

It's a cult, actual (non-) events just get woven into the narrative and become part of the fantasy. I haven't read this, but it sounds spot on with what we're seeing now- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

There has been similar shit at regular intervals since the election. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time i have heard of mass arrests. I have one lad on facebook who seems to keep posting the shit even though it never turns out to happen.

Just now, Chocoholic said:

One thing I can't understand is how this video of the 'sedition party' with big screens everywhere has not made it to CNN. At the same time, they're quoting the GOP Senator Sasse, saying that Trump was 'enthusiastic' while watching the scenes unfold on TV. How could he have seen Trump's reaction without being there himself? Trump was only seen for about 20 seconds on the video, all of which was expressionless, just looking at a screen, at a time when nothing was happening.

I've no doubt that he would have shown more enthusiasm and excitement when it all started kicking off. But it seems clear that that was an event marquee party set up for the sole purpose of watching and celebrating what he'd called for. 

Wasn't the video shot before Trump had actually spoken?

5 minutes ago, John102 said:

There has been similar shit at regular intervals since the election. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time i have heard of mass arrests. I have one lad on facebook who seems to keep posting the shit even though it never turns out to happen.

Anything to do with a stadium being built imminently?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chocoholic said:

I don't know the actual timing of it. Maybe it was and it was portrayed as something else, which I've mistaken. Open to correction.

It's not very clear, but the screens they're watching look like the stage Trump was about to speak on, rather than the march/ assault on the Capitol.

36 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Similar stuff gets posted every few days. It’s just saddos desperate for attention and pretending they’re in the know. I’m actually beginning to think it might be Walmart’s social media department because they always advise people to stock up on 10-14 days worth of necessities.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

That video is from the VIP tent prior to the rally starting. By the time shit went down Trump and his Gremlins were back in the White House.

52 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's not very clear, but the screens they're watching look like the stage Trump was about to speak on, rather than the march/ assault on the Capitol.

39 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That video is from the VIP tent prior to the rally starting. By the time shit went down Trump and his Gremlins were back in the White House.

Thanks for the clearing that up

9 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

But there is evidence as all of the stupid cases that failed in court show which are widely and freely available to see.

this is their argument also, just from the opposite perspective

It is not justified and any group that peddles this shit is complicit in this.

There is no justification and all of those included, including Trump downwards are part of this conspiracy and should be held accountable.

agreed, but this is a separate issue on whether or not these people are protesters. The fact they are being sold a lie, gives credence to their claims of protest.

This it’s not legitimate protest and ignorance is not an excuse.

The violence may (or may not, depending on how far down the rabbit hole some have gone) be legitimate, but to continue to argue the protests are illegitimate and caused by ignorance is bollocks.

these people are being sold a big lie, they are heavily wrapped in it via their media channels and aided and abetted by elected officials. This isn’t Area 51 I believe shit, this is coming direct and indirect from the president of the United States.

add in the lack of policing for the capitol compared to BLM and basically a welcome mate from Hawley and co, this all goes to support their belief system.

By your rationale  the only legitimate form of protest is against their abusers and we all know who they are. 

No by my rationale, they are protesting what they see is a coup by the deep state etc (whoever is the current focus of the QAnon shit) to remove Trump from a legitimate second term. Yes most of the world know this is bollocks, they however have enough references from elected and unelected officials and are so heavily invested in the big lie, that they continue to follow the thread. Even trump’s call to Georgia officials on 02/01 will have strengthened this.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

They are claiming they have had something taken from them which never existed, they have no recourse to justice as justice has been independently done and refuted their claim. 

There’s is a procedural argument, a suicide bomber is ideological, the comparison is ridiculous unless you want to claim they are ideologically based and tried to overthrow the government, which would warrant them to be labelled as traitors and committing treason and they should have been dealt with in light of this.

The argument is ‘protest’ Vs ‘revolution’ it was neither according to any definition. This is a mob that have been radicalised.

The problem with the justice system in the US, from where I’m sitting, is that it is not independent. It is subservient to the political system.

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not trying to pull you up for nothing but again, what sources do you use? If you would like I can link you to an article from an expert on estimating crowd sizes - especially at DC events and at most there was 100k - he thinks probably less than that. This is what 850k look like in DC:

maxresdefault.jpg

That puts it into perspective a bit more for me. Thank you.