You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

Unfortunately I’ve now given Howie another opportunity to put his fascist boot into me, because I just had a memory...I once fired an airgun at Blackpool lights, hit the bullseye and won a goldfish.

Oh fuck I hope you won a tin hat as well, your going to need it.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Oh my - it appears that your disability has precluded you from reading over a decade of posts.

In fairness dont think he meant you were a facist, I read it as you booting him with the fascist slur, although I'm guessing.

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

62! I thought he was about 20. Fuck. 

Old people ruining this place for us youngsters. 

Ah! What I’d give to be 20 again. It was 1978. I hopped on a plane in Wellington, NZ and flew to Sydney, Australia, with $50 bucks in my back pocket and an acoustic guitar - Hummingbird copy - that $50 had to keep me alive for a week, until I got my busking licence.

26 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Still not up there with my favourite American names, Todger Strunk and Randy Bumgardner.

The president of the United States called someone 'sleepy eyed Chuck Todd" in a tweet two days ago, I no longer know if it's one of Trump's slurs or the fellas real name, the worlds on its head. Trump actually called one of his enemies Moonbeam faced McGraw in a tweet a few months ago, what more sensible world leaders and diplomats make of all this is anyone's guess.

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That’s not fair. How was anyone supposed to know? And to be fair, you made incorrect statements. 

Im almost blind on one eye as well, I cant see 3 D either, my other eye is great though. That said the video was not in 3 D, so not sure why it was brought up.

46 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Still not up there with my favourite American names, Todger Strunk and Randy Bumgardner.

Makes you think about the origination of these names.

In the case of the latter, with all the sowing of plants they do, on hands and knees, arse in the air, that gardner was asking for it. We can hazard a guess that it was his boss, the estate owner, who was the man who claimed the prize. In telling of his conquests among his peers, he became known as Randy Bumgardner, an altogether more intriguing and distinguished name than plain old Randall Smith.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump

By Twitter Inc.
Friday, 8 January 2021 

After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence. 

In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open. 

However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement. 

The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case.

Overview

On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump tweeted:

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Shortly thereafter, the President tweeted:

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Due to the ongoing tensions in the United States, and an uptick in the global conversation in regards to the people who violently stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President’s statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks. After assessing the language in these Tweets against our Glorification of Violence policy, we have determined that these Tweets are in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy and the user @realDonaldTrump should be immediately permanently suspended from the service.

Assessment

We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:

• President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on January 20th.
  • The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending. 
  • The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
  • The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election. 
  • Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021. 

As such, our determination is that the two Tweets above are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.

Hahahaha! Trump's Twitter account permanently suspended!

He'll be aploplectic!

His closest lapdogs, Flynn and Powell suspended, too.

6 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

By Twitter Inc.
Friday, 8 January 2021 

After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence. 

In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open. 

However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement. 

The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case.

Overview

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Due to the ongoing tensions in the United States, and an uptick in the global conversation in regards to the people who violently stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President’s statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks. After assessing the language in these Tweets against our Glorification of Violence policy, we have determined that these Tweets are in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy and the user @realDonaldTrump should be immediately permanently suspended from the service.

Assessment

We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

• President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on January 20th.
  • The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending. 
  • The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
  • The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election. 
  • Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021. 

As such, our determination is that the two Tweets above are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.

He'll be aploplectic!

FREEZE PEACH! 

9 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

By Twitter Inc.
Friday, 8 January 2021 

Overview

Assessment

He'll be aploplectic!

I understand its the right thing to do for social harmony and world peace and all that important stuff but I quite liked reading the mad cunt calling random people Moonbeam face.

• Upvote 1

Shame they didn't do it five years ago, I suppose they were making too much money to do it earlier. 

I think it is great, just because it will piss him off so much. I am expecting a phone call to One America News or such, or maybe even a live rant from the White House.