You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Who shot Ashli Babbitt? The shooter deliberately hid, until the moment it looked like the rioters had broken through. The appearance of the gun surprised the rioters, by the looks. I wonder, If Ashli Babbitt had of known sooner that a shooter was present - in other words, if the shooter had been on display with weapon for the whole time that they threatened the officers in front of the door, would she have been so quick to jump the furniture and be first into the lounge?

personally, I don’t think the shooter helped the situation at all by using what appears to be subterfuge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/investigations/video-shows-moments-leading-up-to-fatal-capitol-shooting-on-jan-6/2021/01/08/b7bd8f45-1250-463e-b73f-d218b39e7ed0_video.html

I've seen the video mate. She knew he was there, she knew he had a gun, she heard the shouted warnings..... Don't make things up to suit your agenda. I know you right wing lot like to lie but don't try and fucking pull it on here. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Who shot Ashli Babbitt? The shooter deliberately hid, until the moment it looked like the rioters had broken through. The appearance of the gun surprised the rioters, by the looks. I wonder, If Ashli Babbitt had of known sooner that a shooter was present - in other words, if the shooter had been on display with weapon for the whole time that they threatened the officers in front of the door, would she have been so quick to jump the furniture and be first into the lounge?

personally, I don’t think the shooter helped the situation at all by using what appears to be subterfuge.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/national/investigations/video-shows-moments-leading-up-to-fatal-capitol-shooting-on-jan-6/2021/01/08/b7bd8f45-1250-463e-b73f-d218b39e7ed0_video.html

When you're finished licking your own windows you can have a go licking mine.

• Upvote 2

@Red Shift

Continues to be the least effective troll on the internet.

There are 25 seconds of folks screaming there is a gun - every single account says the officer repeatedly says stop or I will shoot. Those are people who were actually, you know , there.

Not in Maori.

Get back to local New Zealand politics mate - that is the highest level you will achieve in this game.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

The shooter was guarding the inner chamber and his gun is clearly visible on the video before she is shot.

Felt bad for her because I knew she had died, but also obviously couldn't help thinking "you stupid, stupid fuck. What the fucking Christ are you thinking is going to happen here? They're going to give you and hand shake and a happy meal?"

Seriously red shift. How the fuck can you not see people playing with fire and being surprised when it burns?

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've seen the video mate. She knew he was there, she knew he had a gun, she heard the shouted warnings..... Don't make things up to suit your agenda. I know you right wing lot like to lie but don't try and fucking pull it on here. 

Those shouted warnings are well towards the end of a 2 minute video.

What’s also fascinating, is that one of the rioters seems to actually be calming her down a minute or so beforehand, and she does calm down and (at least for a while) move away from the front ranks and take a break. At that point, it appears she had choice to stay back, but clearly didn’t.

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

The shooter was guarding the inner chamber and his gun is clearly visible on the video before she is shot.

Yes, agreed, but not for the whole video, I don't think.

Its quite hard to tell from the angle. Its more the shouts ‘he’s got a gun’ or ‘theres a gun’

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The dickheads on Parler are trying to organise another DC march on the 17th January. They must have decided DC will be crawling with too many feds on Inauguration Day, and so want to try it on a bit earlier.

Bring it on I say, the more of these simpletons that get mown down the better.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Yes, agreed, but not for the whole video, I don't think.

Its quite hard to tell from the angle. Its more the shouts ‘he’s got a gun’ or ‘theres a gun’

Have you ever watched any lethal police shootings prior to this one?

You seem a little "sheltered."

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Red Shift

Continues to be the least effective troll on the internet.

There are 25 seconds of folks screaming there is a gun - every single account says the officer repeatedly says stop or I will shoot. Those are people who were actually, you know , there.

Not in Maori.

Get back to local New Zealand politics mate - that is the highest level you will achieve in this game.

Its not a ‘game’. I’m studying the video for the first time. You don’t know me, and for your information I’m visually impaired. Seriously. Now you can crack one of your jokes, and type ‘you’re not kidding’ but I’m being serious. I’m blind in one eye , no 3D vision, and only partial sight in my good eye - I’m studying this video for the 1st time. I’m attempting to make sense of what happened there and then.

But you keep going with your jibes. Ive lost respect for you.

23 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

She obviously very unlucky to be the only person shot dead, especially when you consider the size of the crowd. It doesn't appear she was armed and i havnt seen any evidence she threatened other lives. As coups go it was a bit meh, seemed more of an opportunist breaking and entering than an organised attempt at an overthrow. 

2 minutes ago, Numero said:

I missed it, what was said? 

Biden considered Sanders for one of the top Economic cabinet posts, but in discussions, they both agreed it was more important that he stay as a Senator, given the balance of numbers in the Senate.

• Upvote 1