You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I'm warming to yellowstone man, I reckon he'd be a buzzer on a night out. If he doesn't get locked up he could be a decent candidate in 2024.

One thing I'm struggling with is the paper clip program, if the yanks hired 150 top nazis to implement programs for the CIA, wouldn't they be a little bit dead or certainly past their best?

That's one of the true bits

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip

Funny thing about von braun is the amount of resources he used during the war fucked the Nazi war machine. The Gestapo and SS wanted him shot and arrested him as he didn't give a fuck about the war effort just space flight. He was still a horrible cunt that should have been shot for his use of prison Labour though. And had the Russians caught him he would have done everything for them. 

I probably happily argue cunts like him are worse than committed Nazis in that they knew what was going on, didn't actually believe in any of it but as it got them Money, power or some gain they went along for the ride. 

Both him and Speer who got Hitler to step in and save him should have been hung. 

But then the US also let off Klause Barbie, Otto von Bolschwing(aid to Adolf Eichmanm) and the CIA actively used about 1000 Nazis during the cold War. 

But then Hoover was busy tapping journo offices and labelling them commies for trying to out these stories. 

The cunts are like Hydra in the marvel universe and just pop up everywhere 

26 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

But then the US also let off Klause Barbie, Otto von Bolschwing(aid to Adolf Eichmanm) and the CIA actively used about 1000 Nazis during the cold War. 

But then Hoover was busy tapping journo offices and labelling them commies for trying to out these stories. 

It's actually quite funny how a buffoon like Trump gets trotted out as America's pioneering dalliance with Nazism... when high profile, US-as-apple-pie companies like Westinghouse, whose operations were hardly covert to the government, helped re-arm Germany under fledgling Nazi rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skaro said:

Like an alarming number of people in the UK think Shakespeare was a Prime Minister?

The current one thinks he is 

“Mr Prime-Minister over 50 thousand people have died so far in the uk from covid”

”aah captain hindsight much ado about nothing”

5 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Yeah defo fit. She’s also not afraid to stand up for what she believes in.

I think its important to distinguish between the riotous element and the protest group as a whole. Also, clearly from that presser, she was speaking on behalf of the whole Whitehouse. It’ll be a move to disentangle themselves from the mess in the Bunker. The Administration has no intention of taking the Joseph Goebbels cyanide capsules. Trump, right about now, will be totally alone. Everybody is jumping ship.

There is nothing to protest, they are not protestors.

Stop normalising this behaviour.

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yep -- get some rest.

And get to work on the book fella - video games are for kids, you know that.

Video games are for kids? I don't think cyberpunk is for kids. What about a book on video games?

An album? The MAGA Conspiracy - Selected Classics.

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Muslamic ray guns perhaps?

Or a MAGA plasma rifle, orange but with the US flag on the handle.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

God is their a bigger prick on this earth than Eric Trump? 

I'm sure that tune was playing in Wolfe of Wall Street when they crashed the yacht. I'll let the Q guys work out the symbolism there.

21 hours ago, Code said:

On a much smaller scale.

Ive had protesters occupying  City Hall myself, they got away with a £2500 fine for taking to the speakers chair.

That said, they supported our case, but obviously took it a step too far. The elected chambers should be holy for those elected by the people unless you are invited to speak. 

You shared your music collection didn't you? 

• Upvote 6

Trump's words incited disorder that led to 5 deaths. He needs to be removed from office because he is dangerous.

Alternatively, he should be removed from office as he is too stupid to realise his words would dangerously incite a riot.

He has no defence. It's one or the other.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Trump's words incited disorder that led to 5 deaths. He needs to be removed from office because he is dangerous.

Alternatively, he should be removed from office as he is too stupid to realise his words would dangerously incite a riot.

He has no defence. It's one or the other.

Because the cop has died should everyone involved be charged with 1st degree murder? 

20210108_130533.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, skaro said:

Should be a piece of piss now that the Dems control both Houses.

Looks like they'll get there in the end.

It's been a long, hard, ambitious four-and-a-bit years campaign.

I hope they find time to implement some policies and legislation too.

Or perhaps this is the new GOP face that will launch 80 million votes in 2023:  

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.50.50 am.png

I think they need two-thirds majority in the Senate for conviction. Unless 17 Republicans are going to vote for impeachment, it really is a waste of time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Razoray said:

I think they need two-thirds majority in the Senate for conviction. Unless 17 Republicans are going to vote for impeachment, it really is a waste of time. 

Yea it'd be career suicide for Republicans to impeach a sitting republican president, surely, even if it is The Great Orange Stain

6 minutes ago, Razoray said:

It's a simple majority to disbar him from any further public office though. That'd be worthwhile. 

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Yea it'd be career suicide for Republicans to impeach a sitting republican president, surely, even if it is The Great Orange Stain

There is one attraction to Republicans - if he’s impeached and convicted he can’t ever hold office again so no running in 2024.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Because the cop has died should everyone involved be charged with 1st degree murder? 

20210108_130533.jpg

I'd imagine it would be near on impossible to gain  a guilty verdict judging by some of the footage being shared on social media. They may have to charge the police themselves.

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Video games are for kids? I don't think cyberpunk is for kids.

Yes. Being an adult I have no idea what cyberpunk is but I imagine it includes shooting people and making you feel like a hero for doing so.

Maybe you could write a video game - Grand Theft Democracy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1