You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

No, I get that this wasn't any type of normal situation, it doesn't and never will mean that I think her being shot like that was ok though.

I have no idea if you are a Trump supporter and tbh as I understand it you are not a US citizen so it doesn't really matter what you think about him, other than for shits and giggles, cuz you don't vote.

Are there any circumstances where deadly force by law enforcement is "ok" in your opinion?

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm partial to this Kayleigh girl because she's fit, but she does know her boss called the rioters "special" yesterday, right? Just said the complete opposite just now. Lack of communication there between the Press Secretary and Big Don. Hate to see that. 

Yeah defo fit. She’s also not afraid to stand up for what she believes in.

I think its important to distinguish between the riotous element and the protest group as a whole. Also, clearly from that presser, she was speaking on behalf of the whole Whitehouse. It’ll be a move to disentangle themselves from the mess in the Bunker. The Administration has no intention of taking the Joseph Goebbels cyanide capsules. Trump, right about now, will be totally alone. Everybody is jumping ship.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's this shit about shooting in the leg or having batons etc. 

These are the security on the doors into a building containing the senate. 

If you are trying to force entry in to that part of the building with the senate in session you are getting shot. Who is to say they are not carrying a explosive device or concealing a weapon. Once you have gone that far and forced your way through that much security you are getting stopped. She was warned not to come further. 

And once it's got to that point and when you shoot you shoot centre mass, not for a arm or leg. Centre mass, stop them from being a danger to anyone. It's the only time you are supposed to shoot. You shoot in the arm or leg and they can fire back or press a detonater. 

I'd be saying the same thing if it was a black live rally. And had this been a BLM matter march the national guard would have been on the streets and they've have been gasses and battered before they got to the steps of the building, let alone trying to break into the halls. 

Wether she was armed or not is irrelevant when she was with a armed mob who had two fucking pipe bombs with them. 

The only people to blame for her death is herself and Trump and his gang of fuck wits who have pushed for this for fucking months. 

Sad that this ended in bloodshed but ffs if you forced yourself through the average front door in Florida or Texas you'd get fucking shot, why would you think you could force your way into a in session government building. If I ran through the security points outside of Westminster on my own I'd likely get shot, let alone do it as part of a mob. They are lucky its only one shot. 

Tasers are fucking useless anyway for that level of security. Fine for the average cop in a normal country without the crackpots being armed to the teeth thinking they are on a re-enactment of 1776 and kicking the fuck out of George IV

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Are there any circumstances where deadly force by law enforcement is "ok" in your opinion?

I don't have time for half the politicans in this country or the US but if you don't think deadly force is necessary to keep them safe in their place of work you are fucking nuts. 

It's not like she was shot running up the steps, she was at the forefront of a armed fucking mob storming a building full of senators. If that was a black guy or native American March it would be the same fucking thing. 

7 minutes ago, Code said:

So let me understand this correctly.

The Police should use rubber bullets against armed terrorists who storm the Capitol to stop a President being lawfully elected in what they say is a revolution?

Was Ashli Babbitt an armed terrorist? Do cops only have the ability of having a lethal weapon or can they maybe have more than one option at hand and change what they do depending on the situation?

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I have no idea if you are a Trump supporter and tbh as I understand it you are not a US citizen so it doesn't really matter what you think about him, other than for shits and giggles, cuz you don't vote.

Deadly force is never "ok" to me, but I can understand why it happens in some situations. It's obvious that if someone else is armed and cops genuinely think they're going to harm or kill someone else then I can see why they'd shoot.

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

If you are trying to force entry in to that part of the building with the senate in session you are getting shot.

Like I said it's 2021, I think our levels of technological and scientific understanding should allow other methods to be used that result in less death. If you disagree that's fine, I'm not trying to change your views.

3 minutes ago, skaro said:

These crackpots wouldn't have a clue about 1776 nor George IV.

At best, they'd think they were two brands of beer.

Come on now

We all know every American knows about single handily beating the whole British Army

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

And your take is an armed mob storming the Capitol is not one of those situations.

I'm saying that as far as I know the woman that got shot and killed wasn't armed so she shouldn't have been shot and killed. I've said it several times now, does it have to be the main point of several pages of this thread?

Nobody is changing my view, only her being armed could do that so we're going nowhere with this unless we find out that she had a weapon in hand. That doesn't have to be a problem unless you and others can't accept me having that view for some odd reason. That an unarmed civilian shouldn't have been shot and killed.

I need to get some sleep soon anyway so we'll have to leave it around here I suppose.