You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

12 hours ago, Brownie said:

I think they’re missing a huge opportunity by not either impeaching him or invoking the 25th amendment.

Totally disagree. His powers need trimming but if Pence replaces him he can pardon him as Ford did with Nixon.

I want to see the cunt behind bars.

58 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There is a clip of her earlier in this thread - let's just say she had at least a few cups of coffee in her.

I don't think she is the same lady as the looney trump woman talking on the clip to the media, if that's the clip you mean.  Edit.. Sorry just saw it, the one on this page is her..

10 hours ago, Code said:

Did Red Phoenix vote for Brexit?

No I've said ever since it took place that I thought both options were shit. If Corbyn was pm I'd have maybe voted to leave though because I think Labour and Corbyn would've got us out of the EU way better than our present idiots managed to.

After having a short while to cool off :

What pissed me off and stayed with me until I stopped posting was that I got the impression that a woman had been shot and killed and because she was a right winger trying to get into the capitol it didn't seem to matter. I'm not saying I agreed with what she did or her views. Along with a load of other Trump supporters she's gone in there maybe honestly thinking it was a coup they could've carried out or that they could stop Biden being certified and that's mad, I get that. Does she now deserve to be dead though? I'll never agree that she does.

The focus seemed to be almost completely on the hallowed halls of congress and protecting US institutions instead of someone unarmed that got killed and it got my back up.

It doesn't mean I support Trump though at all. It's more of me trying to have a bit of understanding of Trump's supporters and how they've ended up being caught up in so much delusion spouted by the guy they've supported. 74 million people voted for him and they can't be dismissed in the same way that Brexit supporters or people that decided to vote Tory can't be. Most of us don't agree with them but surely we have to try and exist with each other. Wasn't Biden himself talking about how he's going to be a president for all Americans? It might just be empty words but that's what's needed, some way of getting past these divisions or else in the UK and US we can't really progress in any reasonable way I don't think.

So after the Trump "mob" or whatever we're supposed to call them got into the capitol and spent a few hours there it was over. There wasn't a coup and there wouldn't have been one, they made no attempt to hold the building for any extended period of time and I think a lot of what's currently going on is over the top.

Yes it could've been worse and yes it could still get worse. It doesn't mean I'm defending Trump though, I'll be fucking glad when he's gone. I'm not a fan of Biden either though so it's not like I've got something great to look forward to here either, and that maybe makes me a bit more negative with this stuff in general.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Totally disagree. His powers need trimming but if Pence replaces him he can pardon him as Ford did with Nixon.

I want to see the cunt behind bars.

Do you really think Pence would pardon him after Trump incited a load of rioters to go and potentially kidnap him or something even worse?

C’mon man.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I got the impression that a woman had been shot and killed and because she was a right winger trying to get into the capitol it didn't seem to matter.

She did not get shot because she was a right winger - she got shot because she was committing a crime.

You do agree that the actions were criminal don't you?

16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

No I've said ever since it took place that I thought both options were shit. If Corbyn was pm I'd have maybe voted to leave though because I think Labour and Corbyn would've got us out of the EU way better than our present idiots managed to.

After having a short while to cool off :

What pissed me off and stayed with me until I stopped posting was that I got the impression that a woman had been shot and killed and because she was a right winger trying to get into the capitol it didn't seem to matter. I'm not saying I agreed with what she did or her views. Along with a load of other Trump supporters she's gone in there maybe honestly thinking it was a coup they could've carried out or that they could stop Biden being certified and that's mad, I get that. Does she now deserve to be dead though? I'll never agree that she does.

The focus seemed to be almost completely on the hallowed halls of congress and protecting US institutions instead of someone unarmed that got killed and it got my back up.

It doesn't mean I support Trump though at all. It's more of me trying to have a bit of understanding of Trump's supporters and how they've ended up being caught up in so much delusion spouted by the guy they've supported. 74 million people voted for him and they can't be dismissed in the same way that Brexit supporters or people that decided to vote Tory can't be. Most of us don't agree with them but surely we have to try and exist with each other. Wasn't Biden himself talking about how he's going to be a president for all Americans? It might just be empty words but that's what's needed, some way of getting past these divisions or else in the UK and US we can't really progress in any reasonable way I don't think.

So after the Trump "mob" or whatever we're supposed to call them got into the capitol and spent a few hours there it was over. There wasn't a coup and there wouldn't have been one, they made no attempt to hold the building for any extended period of time and I think a lot of what's currently going on is over the top.

Yes it could've been worse and yes it could still get worse. It doesn't mean I'm defending Trump though, I'll be fucking glad when he's gone. I'm not a fan of Biden either though so it's not like I've got something great to look forward to here either, and that maybe makes me a bit more negative with this stuff in general.

Yeah, they literally tried a coup against a democratic institution, what the fuck do you think she expected, a welcome mat?

There is NO justification for her being there in the first place, they stormed a democratic building, brandishing weapons and threatening violence and talking about revolution and overthrow based on nothing but conspiracy and ignorance.

If you even try and justify this shit you are too far down the rabbit hole.

She died because she's a fucking idiot who surrounded herself with idiots.

There was nothing to protest and this was not, in any way, justified.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

She did not get shot because she was a right winger - she got shot because she was committing a crime.

CNN interviewed the lad who filmed it yesterday. He said the police told the rioters not to attempt to go through that door or they’d be shot.

She ignored them and got shot.

• Upvote 1

I believe I saw that one of the blokes right by her had a rifle type gun? I'm not 100% on this. 

But, if she's part of an armed group who are trying to force their way into the Capitol chamber and have been warned that they'll be shot of they continue with that course of action, I'm loathe to say that she deserves to be shot, but she's willingly put herself in a position that's significantly increased the likelihood of that happening. She had the option to retreat. 

(EDIT: I've just checked, the rifle bearer was actually a policeman)

It's odd to see the righties making a martyr out of her though. It's extremely convenient that everyone else was Antifa dressed up as Trump supporters, apart from the one who got fatally wounded. 

4 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Pelosi asking for 25th amendment and or impeachment. Fuck yeah!

Should be a piece of piss now that the Dems control both Houses.

Looks like they'll get there in the end.

It's been a long, hard, ambitious four-and-a-bit years campaign.

I hope they find time to implement some policies and legislation too.

Or perhaps this is the new GOP face that will launch 80 million votes in 2023:  

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.50.50 am.png

24 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yeah I don't think she should've been killed.

23 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, they literally tried a coup against a democratic institution, what the fuck do you think she expected, a welcome mat?

There is NO justification for her being there in the first place, they stormed a democratic building, brandishing weapons and threatening violence and talking about revolution and overthrow based on nothing but conspiracy and ignorance.

If you even try and justify this shit you are too far down the rabbit hole.

She died because she's a fucking idiot who surrounded herself with idiots.

There was nothing to protest and this was not, in any way, justified.

I didn't try and justify it, I don't think she should've been killed though.

Sorry but if you think you're going convince me that she should've been shot and killed that's not going to happen. I'm not looking for any type of argument either. If she was trying to get through that door with a gun in her hand I'd not be having this conversation, but she wasn't armed as far as I know so I'm not changing my mind on that. I don't see why it has to be a big issue either. We can surely just agree that we see this differently and move on without a load of drama.

I posted back to try and clear up what I was thinking last night too, not to get back into this.