You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think the establishment have driven most of this. They were the ones that created the chance for Trump to become president in the first place, some even boosted his chances to get there. If competent enough people were running for president he'd probably not have won. But as with things like Brexit it's people that've had their lives screwed over by the system that become the scapegoats just because they lash out when sick of it all.

Trump offered a break from the norm with foreign policy even though a lot of it was still a nightmare. When was the last time we had chaos in Syria all over the media? Or NATO bringing down a government with a bombing campaign? Or the US aiding neo-Nazis right next to Russia's border? Maybe that's a factor in the right calling Dems fascists? People can dismiss all of these things but they surely play a part in what's happening now.

Trump didn't help himself with his China and radical left bullshit either and with four more years that could've started getting out of hand, but it's not as if things are going to magically get better with Biden in charge. We'll probably just have far right and Russia bullshit instead.

Right wingers are a huge problem at the moment but are they the root cause? I don't think so. But the longer we have scapegoats the more the establishment can sit back laughing at us as the trillions gather in offshore tax havens and the world is used like a chessboard.

If Biden had any sense he'd be talking with Russia, China, India and so on to try and further our chances of peace. But so far it looks like it's going to be back to four more years of the usual, and that might just help lay the foundations for another Trump.

Can I ask an honest question without any hidden subtext or insinuations? Are you getting back into the conspiracy stuff or heavy into politics on social media or anything? I ask because you seem to be a bit deep into some of this stuff and making a few leaps in a way you weren’t not too long ago. 

I know we’ve had a few crossed swords, but disagreements aside you’re one of the good ones on here. Intent is worth a lot to me, so even if we disagree on the outcomes I still have time for you. All good with all that political/conspiracy stuff? 

24 minutes ago, Numero said:

Can I ask an honest question without any hidden subtext or insinuations? Are you getting back into the conspiracy stuff or heavy into politics on social media or anything? I ask because you seem to be a bit deep into some of this stuff and making a few leaps in a way you weren’t not too long ago. 

I know we’ve had a few crossed swords, but disagreements aside you’re one of the good ones on here. Intent is worth a lot to me, so even if we disagree on the outcomes I still have time for you. All good with all that political/conspiracy stuff? 

Thanks, but I'm fine with politics/conspiracy stuff really I think. Because this election has been so drawn out I still post on it here and there and the most conspiracy stuff I read is probably from looking at Trump's twitter for a few mins each day. Hopefully I'll be gradually getting back to playing PS4 and PC games again shortly.

The main reason for the last post was seeing some of the unhinged stuff from parler on the other page of this thread and wondering how they get into that state.

• Upvote 1

It’s not a court hearing, just a bit of grandstanding to the press. At least they managed to book a hotel instead of a lawn management business this time.

EDIT: Apologies. It’s a press conference masquerading as a GOP state legislature’hearing’.

Those fucking lunatics are genuinely so far down the rabbit hole, that Trump could say ANYTHING, and every media outlet IN THE WORLD could correct it and provide evidence, except one loon shitehawk outlet, and they would all immediately, and in unison, declare the shitehawk loon media outlet as the new source of truth, declare every single other person on the planet as FAKE NEWS, and in on the conspiracy, then make up some Billy big bollocks blowhard shite about "suiting up" and marchng their assault rifles on Washington.

Obviously, they really would march on Washington, just as soon as they're finished bumming their toothless sister to death.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

I think the establishment have driven most of this. They were the ones that created the chance for Trump to become president in the first place, some even boosted his chances to get there. If competent enough people were running for president he'd probably not have won. But as with things like Brexit it's people that've had their lives screwed over by the system that become the scapegoats just because they lash out when sick of it all.

Trump offered a break from the norm with foreign policy even though a lot of it was still a nightmare. When was the last time we had chaos in Syria all over the media? Or NATO bringing down a government with a bombing campaign? Or the US aiding neo-Nazis right next to Russia's border? Maybe that's a factor in the right calling Dems fascists? People can dismiss all of these things but they surely play a part in what's happening now.

Trump didn't help himself with his China and radical left bullshit either and with four more years that could've started getting out of hand, but it's not as if things are going to magically get better with Biden in charge. We'll probably just have far right and Russia bullshit instead.

Right wingers are a huge problem at the moment but are they the root cause? I don't think so. But the longer we have scapegoats the more the establishment can sit back laughing at us as the trillions gather in offshore tax havens and the world is used like a chessboard.

If Biden had any sense he'd be talking with Russia, China, India and so on to try and further our chances of peace. But so far it looks like it's going to be back to four more years of the usual, and that might just help lay the foundations for another Trump.

I think there are too many movers and shakers with too much wealth and power who are very content to let the ego driven naive individuals who stand for the presidency, get on and enter the White House. Who needs all that attention when you really are controlling global society? When you’re doing battle, flanking is a tactically strong move. Going up the middle can be suicide.

Simply put though, too many politicians are in the back pocket of big business for politics to ever be progressive and liberal enough to create the fair free society we all want. That’s particularly true in America, but it’s a global thing. The 1% are always ahead of the game, by virtue of their position of privilege.

Just as an aside, Bill Moyers did an interesting interview a few years back - Bill and his guest economist Paul Krugman critique a book that I still haven’t read, but mean to get.

“Capital In The 21st Century” by Thomas Piketty blows the lid on the true source of inequality.

13 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No wonder poor people are fucked when it comes to getting justice in the US Sidney Powell is a qualified attorney. What levels of ineptitude are plying their trade in the justice system. That doesn't even take into account the lack of funding, time and amount of case loads lawyers defending the poor have to deal with. If money buys you better justice you don't have justice.

The justice system is subservient to the political system, and Washington is a protection racket.

13 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

The justice system is subservient to the political system, and Washington is a protection racket.

And they don’t even own the money production and every dollar they print raises debt levels which are clawed back in taxation, the surplus of which is handed back to big business and finance in welfare to placate the shareholders, which further entrenches inequality.

Its almost like all the concessions made during the founders conflabs are being, and will be further, exploited, by cunts and cunts in the employment of cunts.

Wheels within wheels, worlds within worlds, a seat at the table but the invitation doesn’t specify time or venue. 

AmeriKKKa.

Or, summert.

5 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I still think there are significant differences.

Social media is driving all of this. The Nazis needed a much worse economic situation and a particular historical position that left ordinary Germans hugely resentful. Trump (and BoJo, and Bolsonaro, and Orban, and on and on and on) had none of that. They needed someone to invent a way for humans to communicate incrementally more exclusively with people who shared their worldview day after day.

I think that history will look back on this age and wonder how on earth we managed to allow unregulated social media - I predict that they will see it as an existential danger on the order of nuclear or biological weapons.

Firstly, Hitler offered bread and work to starving people. Everybody on this forum would have jumped at that under those conditions.

Secondly, Social Media is the new opium of the people. Its completely controlled. 

I know we know but he is full of shite and is always non specific, so he can't be called out it. 

An official on an important show said I won PA

The biggest political people called me to congratulate me on a big win

Name them you cunt so they can be asked. Obviously you don't name them because it never happened to twat of a human being. 

4 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I know we know but he is full of shite and is always non specific, so he can't be called out it. 

An official on an important show said I won PA

The biggest political people called me to congratulate me on a big win

Name them you cunt so they can be asked. Obviously you don't name them because it never happened to twat of a human being. 

Yep "its all everybody's talking about" knowing full well that those just turning in to him will believe that. The Tories do it as well. "World beating" knowing that the majority will only hear that and think well then everything's as good as it can be in this country. 

23 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

That's a replay isn't it ?

Yes, but I think it is the entire hearing. I searched for Live and everything I got was approx 3:30 long, but I didn't watch the end, just some bits.

I could be wrong. 

EDIT: Just watched the last minute and they adjourn at exactly 3:27:00 into it.

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

And they don’t even own the money production and every dollar they print raises debt levels which are clawed back in taxation, the surplus of which is handed back to big business and finance in welfare to placate the shareholders, which further entrenches inequality.

Its almost like all the concessions made during the founders conflabs are being, and will be further, exploited, by cunts and cunts in the employment of cunts.

Wheels within wheels, worlds within worlds, a seat at the table but the invitation doesn’t specify time or venue. 

AmeriKKKa.

Or, summert.

See the video above re “Capital In The 21st Century”

They don’t need it.