You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

No wonder poor people are fucked when it comes to getting justice in the US Sidney Powell is a qualified attorney. What levels of ineptitude are plying their trade in the justice system. That doesn't even take into account the lack of funding, time and amount of case loads lawyers defending the poor have to deal with. If money buys you better justice you don't have justice.

38 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I get spammed by the Trump campaign all the time. Not really sure why. I don't live in the States...but anyway the language is really quite hard hitting and desperate...

1.jpg 

I get the same bullshit. I was laughing when I got that one. They really do try to shame people into parting with their cash

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

I get spammed by the Trump campaign all the time. Not really sure why. I don't live in the States...but anyway the language is really quite hard hitting and desperate...

1.jpg 

Reply with a picture of a particular jarring shit you've taken, and ask them what they deem to be the cash value of such a specimen, should you choose to donate it.

53 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The only way to stop them killing millions is by killing millions. Its so easy now to see how simple it was for the German people to be manipulated into what it become by the nazi party and propaganda. I used to think how was it possible.

I still think there are significant differences.

Social media is driving all of this. The Nazis needed a much worse economic situation and a particular historical position that left ordinary Germans hugely resentful. Trump (and BoJo, and Bolsonaro, and Orban, and on and on and on) had none of that. They needed someone to invent a way for humans to communicate incrementally more exclusively with people who shared their worldview day after day.

I think that history will look back on this age and wonder how on earth we managed to allow unregulated social media - I predict that they will see it as an existential danger on the order of nuclear or biological weapons.

I think the establishment have driven most of this. They were the ones that created the chance for Trump to become president in the first place, some even boosted his chances to get there. If competent enough people were running for president he'd probably not have won. But as with things like Brexit it's people that've had their lives screwed over by the system that become the scapegoats just because they lash out when sick of it all.

Trump offered a break from the norm with foreign policy even though a lot of it was still a nightmare. When was the last time we had chaos in Syria all over the media? Or NATO bringing down a government with a bombing campaign? Or the US aiding neo-Nazis right next to Russia's border? Maybe that's a factor in the right calling Dems fascists? People can dismiss all of these things but they surely play a part in what's happening now.

Trump didn't help himself with his China and radical left bullshit either and with four more years that could've started getting out of hand, but it's not as if things are going to magically get better with Biden in charge. We'll probably just have far right and Russia bullshit instead.

Right wingers are a huge problem at the moment but are they the root cause? I don't think so. But the longer we have scapegoats the more the establishment can sit back laughing at us as the trillions gather in offshore tax havens and the world is used like a chessboard.

If Biden had any sense he'd be talking with Russia, China, India and so on to try and further our chances of peace. But so far it looks like it's going to be back to four more years of the usual, and that might just help lay the foundations for another Trump.