You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Its not an attack on voting rights. Its an attack on fraudulent voting rights. There shouldn’t be any.

I didn’t write the American Constitution, haha, but, if voters become disenfranchised, it is because there are doubts over the tally of legal votes. That can only happen in a slack system.

The problem with the postals, is that they will have already destroyed the envelopes and or declarations, so a second count can’t be done, so they have to go to some fancy Legislature vote, instead of keeping it simple.

KEEP THE VOTE IN TACT AND RECOUNT TRANSPARENTLY AS REQUIRED.

Its not fecking rocket science. Why do yanks make everything so complicated?

You're right that there shouldn't be any. However, the key bit you are choosing to ignore is what the Trump campaign and his hangers-on are claiming by 'fraudulent'. What they mean by 'fraudulent' are votes that went against them, not votes that were/might have been cast and counted despite falling foul of the rules and regulations required to be adhered to in order for these votes to be valid.

In an electorate of this size and geographical complexity I'm sure there are some errors and the odd fraud , but I'm not sure how anybody is realistically suggesting a sophisticated steal of the election occurred in thousands of jurisdictions and such huge numbers , often in Republican areas, yet has not elicited a single credible suspect. I would also posit that the post-election lack of respect for democracy on show from the GOP suggests they are the side most likely to be involved in shenanigans.

11 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Let me start by saying I’m not a fan of Giuliani. However he is an experienced legal council, who knows the law and knows about legal and illegal election procedure.

I should have watched this 4 days ago, but never did. Giuliani is rational, calm and clearly lays out not only the evidence of election fraud, but the complicity of the media to deny the opportunity of investigation.

The affidavits exist - and as he points out, that is what evidence is, and whether they are true or false, is not for anybody but a court of law to decide. It doesn’t make the affidavits ‘not evidence’.

I'm begginging to think like @TheHowieLama says, you're a WUM. Guiliani has showed incredible levels of incompetence and bad judgement through this process and before. If you're not a WUM, I genuinely feel sorry for you that you see the facts in front of you and land here. Either way, this will be the last time I reply to your posts because I can't take you seriously. 

11 hours ago, mattyq said:

I'm not a lawyer but it's blatantly obvious to me that Rudy is a bad grifter and is either mentally unwell or incompetent or both.

He doesn't appear to know basic stuff

Spot on. Lots of the claims in that video have already been debunked in court! And in some cases with republican judges. This crazy narrative that it's the liberal fake news or the swamp is just that, crazy. The only reason the entirety of the of the GOP haven't come out and slaughtered trump is they don't want to lose his base and they're even more worried if they cut him loose he'll take that core base with him and run as an independent or some right wing nut group in 2024 - he will be the thorn in the side to them farage has been for the Tories, but times 10. Losing this election was the worst possible nightmare for the GOP and not because there's a democrat going to the white house. But because they've got to try and control trump when since he entered the primaries has shown he's more popular than anything they have in their party or what their party stands for, so they've just let him do what he wants. Even while he's trying to destroy democracy, they just don't know how to intervene - and like the Tories here, they will always side for the party 1st and the country 2nd. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, sir roger said:

In an electorate of this size and geographical complexity I'm sure there are some errors and the odd fraud , but I'm not sure how anybody is realistically suggesting a sophisticated steal of the election occurred in thousands of jurisdictions and such huge numbers , often in Republican areas, yet has not elicited a single credible suspect. I would also posit that the post-election lack of respect for democracy on show from the GOP suggests they are the side most likely to be involved in shenanigans.

Typical conspiracy theory- the fact there's no discernible evidence just shows how deep the conspiracy goes...

Some of the Tweets from Anubis above are just extensions of the QAnon bullshit- Trump's playing 5D chess and will reveal his devastating moves any day now.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm begginging to think like @TheHowieLama says, you're a WUM. Guiliani has showed incredible levels of incompetence and bad judgement through this process and before. If you're not a WUM, I genuinely feel sorry for you that you see the facts in front of you and land here. Either way, this will be the last time I reply to your posts because I can't take you seriously. 

Spot on. Lots of the claims in that video have already been debunked in court! And in some cases with republican judges. This crazy narrative that it's the liberal fake news or the swamp is just that, crazy. The only reason the entirety of the of the GOP haven't come out and slaughtered trump is they don't want to lose his base and they're even more worried if they cut him loose he'll take that core base with him and run as an independent or some right wing nut group in 2024 - he will be the thorn in the side to them farage has been for the Tories, but times 10. Losing this election was the worst possible nightmare for the GOP and not because there's a democrat going to the white house. But because they've got to try and control trump when since he entered the primaries has shown he's more popular than anything they have in their party or what their party stands for, so they've just let him do what he wants. Even while he's trying to destroy democracy, they just don't know how to intervene - and like the Tories here, they will always side for the party 1st and the country 2nd. 

I think you're being harsh on Guilani. He has a pot of money there to be used for this exact purpose. He's the lawyer for Donald Trump, which suggests there is a fair chance he could be in it for money and he has millions of people willing to hand it over to him. I'd take it if dopes where offering it to me.

12 hours ago, mattyq said:

I'm not a lawyer but it's blatantly obvious to me that Rudy is a bad grifter and is either mentally unwell or incompetent or both.

He doesn't appear to know basic stuff

He seems desperate. After the Borat prank I am convinced that this cunt is another one who is shit scared of not being on the side of power. 

11 hours ago, skaro said:

Perhaps he can overturn the Tyson knockout by Buster Douglas too.

Hahahaha out of rep 

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

You're right that there shouldn't be any. However, the key bit you are choosing to ignore is what the Trump campaign and his hangers-on are claiming by 'fraudulent'. What they mean by 'fraudulent' are votes that went against them, not votes that were/might have been cast and counted despite falling foul of the rules and regulations required to be adhered to in order for these votes to be valid.

It’s more than that, they only want the vote on the President to be invalidated from the ballot paper. The votes for the senate are ok as trump is doing well on those. 

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Rudy: The Rudy Giuliani Story (2003)

Despite being credited, Stanley Weiser claims that his entire script was thrown out at the request of James Woods and replaced by one written by an uncredited Lionel Chetwynd, a well-known politically conservative screenwriter, to make it more pro-Giuliani.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323849/trivia?item=tr1089682

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Rudy: The Rudy Giuliani Story (2003)

Despite being credited, Stanley Weiser claims that his entire script was thrown out at the request of James Woods and replaced by one written by an uncredited Lionel Chetwynd, a well-known politically conservative screenwriter, to make it more pro-Giuliani.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0323849/trivia?item=tr1089682

Looking at the Twitter thread, it appears he married a cousin at some point, but that wasn't in the film. Shame.