You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

Judge Brann has just granted the Defendant motion to dismiss Rudi’s piss-poorly argued suit the other day. Dismissed with prejudice which I understand means they can’t bring it back.

In short he accepts the two individual plaintiffs have suffered an injury by their vote being dismissed but:

1. They have not established standing as they have not shown the defendants to be responsible (they should have sued their own counties who didn’t allow them to cure their votes) and have not established Sec Brockovar bore any responsibility as they have not shown she only told some counties to cure votes and not others.

2. The Trump campaign have failed to show standing - either associated standing or competitive standing. It’d take too long to go into this so if you’re interested in the different types of standing and why they’re not relevant you’ll have to read the judgment below.

3. The relief claimed is not proportionate, nor does it cure the injury suffered. It doesn’t restore their votes, only seeks to disenfranchise another 6.8m voters, which is nonsense.

• Upvote 1

Here’s the Twitter thread on it that gives a bit more. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bradheath/status/1330299723748683776

Top quote...

“One might expect that when seeking such a startling outcome a plaintiff would come formidably armed with compelling legal arguments & factual proof of rampant corruption such that this Court would have no option but to regrettably grant the proposed injunctive relief despite the impact it would have on such a large group of citizens. That has not happened. Instead, this Court has been presented with strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations, unpled in the operative complaint and unsupported by evidence.”

Ouch.

The latest begging mail from the trump camp today from guiliani, it seems now everything is "reported/resportedly"". I thought there was irrefutable proof? Surely giuliani doesn't need to say he's "reportedly uncovered" anything. This email from him, he can come out and say it. Fucking weasel cunts. 

Rudy Giuliani and the Trump Campaign legal team have reportedly uncovered MASS amounts of VOTING IRREGULARITIES. 

One thing has become very clear, and the Fake News Media is continuing to ignore the BIGGEST POLITICAL SCAM OF ALL TIME.

We have hundreds of affidavits from Americans all over the Country testifying under OATH to voting irregularities. It’s reported that vans, trash cans, and boxes full of ballots for Biden were brought in to be counted during the early morning hours without Republican poll watchers.

This was a corker from the judges ruling comments.

But in his ruling Judge Brann dismissed the claim, saying "like Frankenstein's Monster" it had been "haphazardly stitched together". He said even if it was the basis for a case then the Trump campaign's solution went too far.

Few Republicans have called on the president to concede, but following the judge's ruling Republican Pennsylvania Senator Pat Toomey said Mr Trump had exhausted all legal options in the state and urged him to accept the result.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55030617

Imagine the phone call from Giuliani to Trump once the judges gavel had landed.

RG- Hi Donny. Well it's all over down here.

DT- Tell me Rudy, how'd it go ? Lay it on me baby.

RG- Well Donny, we're one step closer to our day in the Supreme Court.

DT- Ohhhh, that's beautiful Rudy, just beautiful. So tell me, whad he say ? Was it good ?

RG- Good Donny, Good! Said we've created a monster Donny. Like Frankenstein did.

DT- A Monster! A monster! Jeez Rudy, that's swell. Just swell. I'll put that in the next donations email. Bye Rudy.

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

How the fuck do you arrive at a virtual event ? 

He was tweeting about 'the conspiracy' during the first meeting and the second symposium, on Covid response, he didn't attend as he was on one of his golf courses playing a round at the time!

The sooner he's gone the better. 

Looks like it's soon time for the orange clown conceding but maybe he'll threaten to go all the way with some insurrection act tweets before he's done to get as much drama out of this as possible. I can't see him having the bottle to try a militia of rednecks vs the new world order though.

Don't expect Biden and the US congress to roll back much or even any of the power that Trump had either, then the media can go back to whining if some other right wing idiot gets power in the future. But hey, at least Uncle Joe can fool some of the masses better than Trump did so we can pretend we're back to normal again as his admin prepares to unleash another wave of corporate bullshit on the planet for another four years. Yeehaw.

13 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Looks like it's soon time for the orange clown conceding but maybe he'll threaten to go all the way with some insurrection act tweets before he's done to get as much drama out of this as possible. I can't see him having the bottle to try a militia of rednecks vs the new world order though.

Don't expect Biden and the US congress to roll back much or even any of the power that Trump had either, then the media can go back to whining if some other right wing idiot gets power in the future. But hey, at least Uncle Joe can fool some of the masses better than Trump did so we can pretend we're back to normal again as his admin prepares to unleash another wave of corporate bullshit on the planet for another four years. Yeehaw.

You’d be one of those red necks with a gun. No fucking doubt about it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

You’d be one of those red necks with a gun. No fucking doubt about it. 

Yeah. I'm sure there'll be lots of people that could probably be best described politically as pacifist anarchist, out there being rednecks defending Trump stealing an election with guns. Because that makes perfect sense. Well done Rico, that's up there with the craziest things you've ever said to me.

• Upvote 1