You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

That has to be some kind of poll - only a handful of states can have even begun to start counting.

Yep, it's very faint, but the source is at the bottom of the pic-

image.png

No idea if they're legit or not, the guy Tweeting appears to be part of Project Lincoln though.

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That has to be some kind of poll - only a handful of states can have even begun to start counting.

You're Florida, aren't you Howie? Has Biden got a decent chance there, do you think? I've been skimming through the election thread on ResetEra (a gaming site, but a pretty big one), and a few there seem quite confident, in amongst the 2016 PTSD and paranoia. It's a very 'left'-leaning site though, so might not be giving a skewed picture.

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You're Florida, aren't you Howie? 

Same as always - tight, my guess is it will be within 75 0r 100k votes as it has been the majority of times in the last 30 years. He has a chance.

I will say there is only one time I can remember that the fella that has won Florida has lost the GE.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Same as always - tight, my guess is it will be within 75 0r 100k votes as it has been the majority of times in the last 30 years. He has a chance.

I will say there is only one time I can remember that the fella that has won Florida has lost the GE.

Be nice to take it and Texas early and convincingly so that orange prick has no chance of stealing the election. Probably too far though unless it really is a landslide.

Maybe - I think the overall vote tally will be pretty significant for Biden. Tough to steal that.

In the electoral college it gets a little hazy.

Biden should have a really good shot at Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin. Trump never delivered in those states and they are fucked with the virus and worse on the economy. If those states have a sizeable vote difference it is curtains the great and powerful Orange.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

My wow would be for the 4% of democrats who are voting for this orange gobshite! 

Haha, someone reckoned they were former Democrats who never dropped their registration.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Maybe - I think the overall vote tally will be pretty significant for Biden. Tough to steal that.

In the electoral college it gets a little hazy.

Biden should have a really good shot at Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin. Trump never delivered in those states and they are fucked with the virus and worse on the economy. If those states have a sizeable vote difference it is curtains the great and powerful Orange.

Yeah, on that forum, they're worried about Pennsylvania in case it's close and Trump manages to get voting stopped; they don't think Ohio will go, but they're bullish about Wisconsin. There's a lot of excitement about the turnout in Texas, which could be very promising.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Texas is a weird place man - it is like three different countries rolled up into a state.

Their entire economic history has been built on folks crossing the border.

Yeah, my friend's missus is a visiting lecturer in Houston, she says it's completely mental there. We were hoping to go over this year with her, but no dice with Covid.

28 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You're Florida, aren't you Howie? Has Biden got a decent chance there, do you think? I've been skimming through the election thread on ResetEra (a gaming site, but a pretty big one), and a few there seem quite confident, in amongst the 2016 PTSD and paranoia. It's a very 'left'-leaning site though, so might not be giving a skewed picture.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/florida/

This has Biden leading by 2% but worryingly the lead has been narrowing over the last month.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What date do they announce the winner.

Could go on for ages. It depends how Tuesday goes. If biden has smashed it by Tuesday night/weds morning, well it would seem unlikely trump could fight it and would need to concede. Anything else could see it lasting ages as I think they have 2 weeks to count postal votes in some states and then the inevitable court battles while trump tries to invalidate as many democratic votes as he can. I think the electoral college is supposed to do the final confirmation mid december some time.