You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

Sorry Jedd. 

I know we have a Trump thread but thats usually just for calling him a cunt. 

This next few weeks is going to be batshit mental. How have the democrats managed to bring in someone who actually might not beat Donald Trump. They could have wheeled out Beetlejuice to beat this fucker. I'm not a massive fan of Biden at all but surely the American electorate isn't this stupid...... Oh. Oh.... 

Some corners feel that Trump is just about damage limitation now and has accepted his fate now just wants a clean break without any federal repercussions. Not sure thats the case, i reckon they will pull out every nasty trick in the book. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry Jedd. 

I know we have a Trump thread but thats usually just for calling him a cunt. 

This next few weeks is going to be batshit mental. How have the democrats managed to bring in someone who actually might not beat Donald Trump. They could have wheeled out Beetlejuice to beat this fucker. I'm not a massive fan of Biden at all but surely the American electorate isn't this stupid...... Oh. Oh.... 

Some corners feel that Trump is just about damage limitation now and has accepted his fate now just wants a clean break without any federal repercussions. Not sure thats the case, i reckon they will pull out every nasty trick in the book. 

Depends on how big he loses whether he starts pulling stunts to overturn the result.

A landslide for Biden will leave him little option but to go . Despite the rhetoric a large section of the GOP will jump ship . 
Could be over half the votes cast before Election Day and his chances of winning get slimmer by the day .

19 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Thing is, the votes he will contest are postal votes. He’s a dodgy fucker. 

He has spent the last 5 years talking about voter fraud, despite no evidence whatsoever. If I remember correctly he claimed he won the popular vote in 2016 but millions of fraudulent postal ballots gave Clinton the win.

If you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.

17 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

He has spent the last 5 years talking about voter fraud, despite no evidence whatsoever. If I remember correctly he claimed he won the popular vote in 2016 but millions of fraudulent postal ballots gave Clinton the win.

If you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it.

Yeah, it’s such nonsense. He’s such a crony. I don’t like Biden that much as a candidate but fuck me, Trump is on another level. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think there will be a lot of civil unrest either way it goes. Haven't some states started making anti-crowd plans in big towns/cities already? 

Looks like it. I for one want to see riots all over the place there. They need to get their act together. A once "great" country is just down the fucking pan and needs people to rise up big time to get it back into shape. Very unlikely given the sheer volume of lunatics contained within it's borders but little acorns and all that. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think there will be a lot of civil unrest either way it goes. Haven't some states started making anti-crowd plans in big towns/cities already? 

The civil unrest will mainly come from the non trump voters if they lose because they'll suspect they've been shafted by the post office, supreme Court picks, armed militia intimidating people at the ballot box etc.

All the weirdo white supremacist types are generally lazy shithouses. They'll string a few effigies up in their own back yard in Idaho between watching YouTube vids, but no chance they'd mobilise enough support to create any genuine unrest.

4 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Looks like it. I for one want to see riots all over the place there. They need to get their act together. A once "great" country is just down the fucking pan and needs people to rise up big time to get it back into shape. Very unlikely given the sheer volume of lunatics contained within it's borders but little acorns and all that. 

Well if its a Trump win we might see a few windows smashed in and a few bins thrown. if he loses, his lunatics have guns. Fucking hell the state of that country 

Ah the US Election thread. I think I have vague memories of this from last time around.

I saw about an hour of the debate last night and Trump mentioned something about Biden and e-mails, should I try and cover them so we can see what's there?

I'll get me coat.

• Upvote 1

There’s a yank I speak to at Turdsette’s school, has a granddaughter in the same class. Posted about him before when he palmed the kid off on us on her birthday. Asked him the other day if he still has the right to vote even though he’s been over here for years and years. He said he does but he’s never bothered to vote in the past. I said fair enough and presumed that conversation was over but then he just started banging on about Hillary Clinton. Bizarre. 

6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Ah the US Election thread. I think I have vague memories of this from last time around.

I saw about an hour of the debate last night and Trump mentioned something about Biden and e-mails, should I try and cover them so we can see what's there?

I'll get me coat.

Every other post in that thread was yours.

• Upvote 1

Started following a nerdy stats guy who looks at the district polls in detail rather than at state level. In 2016 he was sounding the alarm about Trump polling really well in the week before the election, he said it was going to be really close and was proven right.

He’s not sounding any alarms this time around; he’s relatively certain that Biden has got it.