You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Hank Williams vs Ozzy Osbourne

Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Hank Williams vs Ozzy Osbourne  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Male Solo Artist - Hank Williams vs Ozzy Osbourne

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/10/20 at 07:44

At the risk of being exposed for the philistine I am, I don't really get why anyone would want to listen to Hank Williams if that OP track is anything to go by. It may have been ground breaking at the time and influenced later artists but it sounds like something you'd hear down the British Legion on a Sunday night.

Personally, I think guitar based music evolved pretty quickly in the 60s and the earlier stuff just sounds, well, dated.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

At the risk of being exposed for the philistine I am, I don't really get why anyone would want to listen to Hank Williams if that OP track is anything to go by. It may have been ground breaking at the time and influenced later artists but it sounds like something you'd hear down the British Legion on a Sunday night.

Personally, I think guitar based music evolved pretty quickly in the 60s and the earlier stuff just sounds, well, dated.

They don't come as dated as this any more.

4 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

Was that Changes?

One for the worst songs of all time thread.

Yes they screech at other on the Witches Hat,that thing you seen in the park, ghastly to say the least. 

This competition about music has been good, it's good to read and acknowledge people's taste in sounds, though some are disagreeable and distasteful, that chap who said listening to Hank is like listening to something down the Legion, I agree but at the end of the day it's alright. Isn't it? 

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Yes they screech at other on the Witches Hat,that thing you seen in the park, ghastly to say the least. 

This competition about music has been good, it's good to read and acknowledge people's taste in sounds, though some are disagreeable and distasteful, that chap who said listening to Hank is like listening to something down the Legion, I agree but at the end of the day it's alright. Isn't it? 

I think it's a case of each to their own.

Hank Williams although legendary is definitely not for me and Ozzy although again legendary with Black Sabbath, was in my opinion never anywhere near as good solo.

Seeing as this is for the best solo artist, I couldn't vote for either.

That like listening to someone down the legion quip was pretty good though and the Toy Story one was hilarious!

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Hank Williams like some fella down at the Legion hall?

That is like saying I am know a fella on the corner who can rap and he sounds like Jay Z.

He said the Williams song in the OP sounds like something you'd hear down the British Legion on a Sunday night & it does. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to the individual I suppose.

Jay Z is a fucking terrible rapper by the way, can't criticise his ability to make millions though.

• Upvote 1

Jay Z really isn’t a terrible rapper. Whether he’s the greatest ever is a matter of opinion (not for me, by the way), but he’s certainly in the conversation. Or did you mean “terrible rapper” in the sense that you think all rappers are terrible? In which case, fair enough. 

Is there such a thing as a good Rapper? What's the difference between one doing rhyming words that a child can do, mo, yo, ho, to another, that they talk about,not sing, maybe it's about the dickhead hand signs or the idiotic videos about whatever they're blabbering on about. 

I know some might like it, but I feel incensed at the mere sight of the cunts, sorry a load of cack, no I'm not sorry its a load of shite. 

I've just risen and have a sore head, so please excuse my displeasure. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Jay Z really isn’t a terrible rapper. Whether he’s the greatest ever is a matter of opinion (not for me, by the way), but he’s certainly in the conversation. Or did you mean “terrible rapper” in the sense that you think all rappers are terrible? In which case, fair enough. 

No, I've nothing against rap & used to listen to it a fair bit as a kid. I think Chuck D & some of the guys in the Wu Tang Clan are good rappers (just some examples), I do not think Jay Z is a good rapper, not even close. As I said though, he seems to appeal to the masses & gets to rattle Beyonce so hats off to the cunt.