You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheff Utd (H) - Premier League - 24/10/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

It's not the same though. Every penalty is only given after it's confirmed to have been a foul. That's the whole point. There can't be any justification for not checking whether it's a foul because that's what happens with every penalty decision. A penalty can't be given unless it's confirmed that a foul has been made surely? 

They probably just backed Dean, saying it wasn't an obvious error, or whatever.

1 minute ago, Jennings said:

See the McGuire foul that VAR missed today, Crazy. He actually had the Chelsea lad in a flying headlock.

Something gotta be wrong in the game if a Liverpool fan is complaining that Chelsea didn't get a penalty.

Wrong thread.

Three points is all that matters, won't even remember this game in a month's time. 

Be nice to have the odd easy game, every match puts us through the wringer.

Other than not being a foul, and also outside the area the penalty decision was a fine one. Before we get too far into conspiracy theories though I should say  that the Jota one looked a stonewaller and I have seen worse handball decisions than Robbo's given this season.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Three points is all that matters, won't even remember this game in a month's time. 

Be nice to have the odd easy game, every match puts us through the wringer.

Other than not being a foul, and also outside the area the penalty decision was a fine one. Before we get too far into conspiracy theories though I should say  that the Jota one looked a stonewaller and I have seen worse handball decisions than Robbo's given this season.

The refereeing was terrible. They basically turned a blind eye after they screwed us. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Thanks for the kind words. Have another read.

I have. Still think it’s waffle. Regards.

In more interesting news MotD saying match officials are now saying they did review weather Fab’s tackle was a foul or not.

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I have. Still think it’s waffle. Regards.

In more interesting news MotD saying match officials are now saying they did review weather Fab’s tackle was a foul or not.

They don't have any choice because any penalty decision has to be checked as to whether it's a foul. You can't say, "We only checked whether it was inside or outside the box". But there was a tweet earlier on here that suggested that they only checked the location of the foul, wasn't there? I'd love to know the source of that because it's an absolutely ridiculous statement to make if it came from VAR itself. It's become such a farce that nothing would surprise me though. 

Tough, gutsy display as we struggle for a bit of consistent form. The midfield two didn't work as they were picking up the second ball while we had four forwards well away from the action. 

Gomez had a good game except when meeting the bombardment from their keeper. We needed another body challenging for the second ball and someone else doing a Lucas stepping back into the forward. We got better at dealing with this in the second half as Hendo and Gini got more into the game. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I made the mistake of checking Twitter this morning, and a lot of chat about Jota could’ve given away a “stonewall” pen. I for the life of me can’t think of which incident that might have been.

One on Berge, Davie Provan thought it was a penalty too. I don't think there was contact myself but the angle wasn't great. Berge didn't even appeal for it either, which makes me think it wasn't. Robbo's handball could easily have been given and, on another day, might have been. It just goes to show though - you look at opposition supporters' views of the game and it's all like "Liverpool won because of VAR", etc, and then on here the view is completely the opposite. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

One on Berge, Davie Provan thought it was a penalty too. I don't think there was contact myself but the angle wasn't great. Berge didn't even appeal for it either, which makes me think it wasn't. Robbo's handball could easily have been given and, on another day, might have been. It just goes to show though - you look at opposition supporters' views of the game and it's all like "Liverpool won because of VAR", etc, and then on here the view is completely the opposite. 

Ah that one, yeah don’t think Jota touched him... and Berge just crumbled. Yeah I think we got lucky with the Robbo handball. I can’t see how that’s not a pen yet the Eric Dier one from the start of the season was.. not that I’m complaining. 

55 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Three points and that's all that can be said for our performance really.

Would have been more comfortable without the VAR cuntery, but lets face it, we didn't look like champions.

Er, what?! That's the type of performance that saw united and chelsea grind out numerous titles. Not always pretty, sometimes under the cosh the whole game but coming away with 3 points.