You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheff Utd (H) - Premier League - 24/10/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

I really hope Klopp doesn't keep trying to play this formation just to get Jota a game. 

Did the same thing with Shaqiri two years ago and were shite then too 

I don't think that's the reason he's doing it.

I think its partly because we will need to score more this season and also partly because Thiago is more used to playing in a 2 man midfield and he wants to be able to get the best out of him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Once again we have to play 11 v 13 if you include the ref and VAR. You just know if you kick off about a ref or VAR, one or both will screw you over sometime in the next couple of games.

Anyone think it a co incidence Dean gives a pen for a non foul outside the box? The mancs must be laughing their cocks off at it. VAR then says we only looked to see if the 'foul' was inside or outside the box not whether it was a foul. And they screwed up on both things!

Shocking? I dont know wheter to laugh, cry or punch a bluenose in the mush! There was more contact on Sadio I think it was, in the box in the last 5 minutes and what does dean do? Theatrically wave his arms in front of himself to say no fucking foul!

Shame Mo's goal was ruled out as he was offside. Im just surprised they didnt spend a couple of minutes trying to find an offside for Jota's goal.

Credit to sheffield united, if they play like that against the other 18 teams in the league they wont finish in the bottom 3. It's just a case whether they try as hard as they did tonight against the other teams. They gave us no space, closed us down quickly and ran their bollocks off all game. Mind you, inviting them into our half most of the 2nd half didnt help.

Good to have Alli back but even he nearly fucked up one backpass. Imagine the stick Adrian would have got for that, eh? Thought Gomez was outstanding again. Someone said he cant jump?! Made up Bobby got that equaliser

Dean gave a free kick, did he not? 

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Not a great performance but we dug out the win and the three points.

You can whine about it, but look at Spurs earlier in the week. Playing well, three goals up, and still only get the point. We may not be playing well but we’re still sitting on Everton’s shoulder.

That's very decent and sporting of them, all things considered. They get a lot of flak on here, but let's give them their due.

Actually, I won't be happy until we're dancing on their fucking heads.

13 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Part of it is down to a bad clash of styles for us, and today we had to come back from an outrageous penalty decision after having made a fast start. Combined with a ludicrous schedule and the injuries we’ve suffered, I think we’ve come out well from a very tough week.

I really think we’re going to have to make sacrifices in the CL though. If we beat Midtjylland, I’d prefer to see a heavily altered starting XI for the Atalanta away game.

Yeah I was thinking this too. We play City away after Atalanta. I would give the reserves a run out against Atalanta. We are going to have to rotate a lot more this season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The penalty wasn't even an issue with VAR, it was an issue of Mike Dean giving a foul incorrectly and then they just saw that the "contact"was made on the line of the 18 yard box. It's Dean's fault

How can it be? They have to look at whether it's a foul surely, because that's what they do with every penalty decision. Why would this be different? 

1 minute ago, mgw100 said:

Remember when we laughed at City fans all last season for going on about corrupt refs, VAR, PL etc? We've had some terrible decisions go against us, let's not jump to daft conclusions.

Not corruption, just ineptitude. I think people are right to complain and highlight its inconsistency. Complaining should be done in a non-partisan way.

And it's not just the poor decision making. Football is a spectator sport. Has VAR improved football as a spectacle?

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I don't think that's the reason he's doing it.

I think its partly because we will need to score more this season and also partly because Thiago is more used to playing in a 2 man midfield and he wants to be able to get the best out of him. 

We didn't have a great alternative for third midfielder today. No Thiago, Fabinho, Keita, AOC. Milner aging. Jones other end of career.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The penalty wasn't even an issue with VAR, it was an issue of Mike Dean giving a foul incorrectly and then they just saw that the "contact"was made on the line of the 18 yard box. It's Dean's fault

Apparantly VAR didn't review the actual 'foul' but just where it took place. 

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I really hope Klopp doesn't keep trying to play this formation just to get Jota a game. 

Did the same thing with Shaqiri two years ago and were shite then too 

But on the whole, European Cup and League Title, you might say Klopp's recovered somewhat from these tactical disasters of his, no?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

That's very decent and sporting of them, all things considered. They get a lot of flak on here, but let's give them their due.

Actually, I won't be happy until we're dancing on their fucking heads.

I’ve no idea what you are waffling on about or how it relates to what I posted. But you crack on...

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

How can it be? They have to look at whether it's a foul surely, because that's what they do with every penalty decision. Why would this be different? 

It's the same BS as last week with Pickford. Don't look at the foul, look at the offside. Don't look at the foul, look at the location of it. I don't know what the rationale is.

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Not corruption, just ineptitude. I think people are right to complain and highlight its inconsistency. Complaining should be done in a non-partisan way.

And it's not just the poor decision making. Football is a spectator sport. Has VAR improved football as a spectacle?

Complaining is quite fine of course

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I cant wait for a full house back at Anfield. The reception that lad will get will equal any in history at Anfield and rightly so. 

Brilliant interview after game, too. Real sense of perspective when asked about current difficulties of players...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

The penalty decision. I thought he originally gave a free kick, which was overturned? 

Oh ok. As I said in an earlier post, I didnt see the incident due to a stream issue. At half time the way Warnock and the others were talking, I thought Dean awarded the pen and VAR confirmed it.

Anyway, it wasnt even a fucking foul.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

It's the same BS as last week with Pickford. Don't look at the foul, look at the offside. Don't look at the foul, look at the location of it. I don't know what the rationale is.

It's not the same though. Every penalty is only given after it's confirmed to have been a foul. That's the whole point. There can't be any justification for not checking whether it's a foul because that's what happens with every penalty decision. A penalty can't be given unless it's confirmed that a foul has been made surely?