You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sheff Utd (H) - Premier League - 24/10/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

This fixture was our first game of 2020, and it was as routine as it gets. A 2-0 win thanks to goals from Mo and Sadio, and the Yorkshire side never laid a glove on us. It was exactly the sort of game we'd want after a hectic fixture schedule that had included a trip to Qatar. Ellie Goulding went top of the charts with 'River' on that day. I'm hazarding a guess that it's shit and am not including it here.

August 1992. This fixture was also our very first home game of the Premier League era. We won 2-1 thanks to goals from Walters and Stewart. The fact we had players of that ilk in the side showed just how low our stock had fallen, and how we'd failed to properly freshen up the squad to remain title contenders over the previous couple of years. We won just 2 of our first 10 league games in 1992/93, losing 5.

Number one in the charts at the time, and for 6 weeks, was the fantastic 'Rhythm Is A Dancer' by Snap! Still sounds brilliant today.

We need this game to get some of our rhythm back. It's been a bit disjointed in parts for the last month, but we can get back on track here even if we are missing a few regulars. Maybe Big Bird and El Maestro will be back for this one, allowing Fab to move back into midfield. Just get the job done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

This fixture was our first game of 2020, and it was as routine as it gets. A 2-0 win thanks to goals from Mo and Sadio, and the Yorkshire side never laid a glove on us. It was exactly the sort of game we'd want after a hectic fixture schedule that had included a trip to Qatar. Ellie Goulding went top of the charts with 'River' on that day. I'm hazarding a guess that it's shit and am not including it here.

August 1992. This fixture was also our very first home game of the Premier League era. We won 2-1 thanks to goals from Walters and Stewart. The fact we had players of that ilk in the side showed just how low our stock had fallen, and how we'd failed to properly freshen up the squad to remain title contenders over the previous couple of years. We won just 2 of our first 10 league games in 1992/93, losing 5.

Number one in the charts at the time, and for 6 weeks, was the fantastic 'Rhythm Is A Dancer' by Snap! Still sounds brilliant today.

We need this game to get some of our rhythm back. It's been a bit disjointed in parts for the last month, but we can get back on track here even if we are missing a few regulars. Maybe Big Bird and El Maestro will be back for this one, allowing Fab to move back into midfield. Just get the job done.

These are great, thanks! 

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

Brillant track that Rythm is a dancer. Havent heard it in years. Have to get the Best of Snap cd out again!

5 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I struggle to want to watch PL football these days. VAR has ruined the game and having no supporters there has made it even worse. 

We're fuckin shite.

I don't have a problem with VAR, I've wanted it for years. What I do have a problem with is the useless twats who are implementing it.

No spectators is not half the problem I have as a TV spectator as the fucking crowd  sounds which are as annoying as the laugh track on a shitty American sitcom

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

To be fair, Niallers, we haven't been giving many freebies to anybody,good or bad, for a few years now, particularly at home.

Suppose that's true, just my inner chimp overcoming my reasoning centre in the brain! Watford away was the last time we gave a truly shocking side a boost but West ham at home was a close call. 

However, with that clown in goals, he could give Cowdenbeath hope in a game against us!

• Upvote 1

On 22/10/2020 at 10:41, Trumo said:

Fucking hell we were league champions just two years earlier....Walters and Stewart..

25 Sad GIFs to Express the Depth of Your Despair