You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New European super league?

1892-LFCWasBorn

1 minute ago, KevieG said:

My initial reaction is that its somehow wrong. But that ship also sailed about 25 years ago. We missed the first boat clinging to the past, and it took way to long to rectify it.

But my gut also tells me that it would be great to fuck over the likes of Everton, PGMOL, Martin Samuel ,Karen Brady and lately Jaime Carragher. 

But would you watch the same teams just play each other over and over rather than it be a rarity,relatively anyway,to play Real,Barca or Bayern? It would mean nothing to me.

I'm happy with the current structure,just not the incompetents in charge of it.

Something along these lines will happen eventually. The pulling power of the premier league is the top clubs.

Doubt many foreigners want to watch Burnley v Palace on a Monday night.

And yes, top clubs have sold their souls to foreign owners but Sky forced that by pushing that football didn't exist before them.

If it stops the shite smiling for a few days, let the talks continue.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Everton will be the first team on the list surely? They've won 35 consecutive 'If it hadn't have been for...Theoretical European Cups.'

Surely

The founder members of the Football League

The 1st Club to present medals for winning the League

The 1st club on Merseyside to win the FA Cup. 1906

The 1st club to go on an overseas tour

The 1st club to issue regulation programmes

The 1st club to have a church attached to its stadium 

The 1st club to install dugouts

The 1st club to install under soil heating 

The 1st club to win a Pen shootout in the European Cup

The 1st club to have a scoreboard

How can they be left out? It’s corruption. The powers that be don’t want them competing with the ‘Sky 6’. It it wasn’t for the powers that be, they’d be the most successful club side ever. Surely they can’t overlook their inclusion. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Surely

The founder members of the Football League

The 1st Club to present medals for winning the League

The 1st club on Merseyside to win the FA Cup. 1906

The 1st club to go on an overseas tour

The 1st club to issue regulation programmes

The 1st club to have a church attached to its stadium 

The 1st club to install dugouts

The 1st club to install under soil heating 

The 1st club to win a Pen shootout in the European Cup

The 1st club to have a scoreboard

How can they be left out? It’s corruption. The powers that be don’t want them competing with the ‘Sky 6’. It it wasn’t for the powers that be, they’d be the most successful club side ever. Surely they can’t overlook their inclusion. 

I've seen a few tweets off Evertonians not far off this.

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

One of the things I liked about this years CL is that we haven't played Ajax for years, never played Atalanta and the Danish team.

I'd get bored playing Barcelona every single year. 

But you dont get bored playing the west hams, palace and brightons every year?

Each to their own but I dont think Id get bored of watching Liverpool v Bayern, Juve, Sporting etc. I know I get bored out of my tree going to Anfield when we're playing the likes of Palace, Burnley, Brighton and the like who just want to come, put 11 behind the ball and try and grab a win on a free kick, corner, pen etc.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Each to their own but I dont think Id get bored of watching Liverpool v Bayern, Juve, Sporting etc. I know I get bored out of my tree going to Anfield when we're playing the likes of Palace, Burnley, Brighton and the like who just want to come, put 11 behind the ball and try and grab a win on a free kick, corner, pen etc.

Yeah but it's probably to do with the fact that I'm used to it. 

I'm in two minds, on one hand I think it will kill off competition, tradition etc but on the other hand I know all these clubs fucking hate us anyway and we should do what's best for Liverpool FC.

It feels wrong, but I increasingly care less about how things feel.

I've had enough of shit-munching peasants hurling abuse about Heysel, Hillsborough, Slippy G etc etc ad infinitum, but when it comes to it, they're only too happy to ride our coat-tails to broadcast riches that, quite frankly, their own level of support doesn't come anywhere near to justifying.

With this, and Big Picture, it seems the crime of clubs like United and Liverpool is to know their value to the league and to try to assert it.

How many people do we think paid 15 quid to watch West Brom v Burnley on pay per view?

Now how many do you think would pay it to watch Liverpool v United?

Without the big clubs the West Hams and Fulhams and Evertons of the world have NOTHING. No product, no money, no anything. Fuck them in their ears. I'm through with having to pretend that these no-marks are our peers, I'm done with the disrespect, the deliberate attempts to injure our players. They had it and they blew it. The golden geese are flying off and they're taking their golden eggs with them.

• Upvote 18

I would like to know a bit more about it and how it will run alongside the Premier league before I get off the fence.

Is this an ide threat to the PL to back down over PBP or is this a genuine attempt to break new ground and earn more money from a breakaway league.

Will the PL become our U23s (reserves for the old folk in the room). 

I think there will be lots of brinkmanship over the next few weeks and maybe a compromise PBP as long as we don't breakaway.

Only thing is we might have to go through with it if the others decide thats what they want. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yeah but it's probably to do with the fact that I'm used to it. 

I'm in two minds, on one hand I think it will kill off competition, tradition etc but on the other hand I know all these clubs fucking hate us anyway and we should do what's best for Liverpool FC.

Yeah it was more rethorical I guess. Dont get me wrong, I think like all proposals, it needs careful consideration. Playing the likes of Bayern and Juve etc will become familiar, repetitive of whatever we agree to call it. But like a big fish in a small pond, I think football like lots of things in life has to move with the demand.

I go to games like Palace, Brighton, West Ham etc and just think not these shits again, verbal abuse by the oppos fans and their team playing 11 behind the ball and hoping for a lucky break to score then just camp on the edge of their box hacking down the players, arguing with the ref.

I get each club has to look after itself but 90% of these clubs continually slagging Liverpool FC off, depend on the likes of us for their capacity crowd of the season and huge amounts from the tv deals.

One of the few thing Ian Ayre was bang on about was the tv income. People around the world dont tune in to watch the likes of Bolton etc.

The way I see the PL now is the smaller clubs thwarting the likes of ourselves, the mancs and one or two others because they are highly unlikely to be in our position. It's like your neighbours saying you cant have a better income and better holidays because they cant afford them.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've had enough of shit-munching peasants hurling abuse about Heysel, Hillsborough, Slippy G etc etc ad infinitum, but when it comes to it, they're only too happy to ride our coat-tails to broadcast riches that, quite frankly, their own level of support doesn't come anywhere near to justifying.

With this, and Big Picture, it seems the crime of clubs like United and Liverpool is to know their value to the league and to try to assert it.

How many people do we think paid 15 quid to watch West Brom v Burnley on pay per view?

Without the big clubs the West Hams and Fulhams and Evertons of the world have NOTHING. No product, no money, no anything. Fuck them in their ears. I'm through with having to pretend that these no-marks are our peers, I'm done with the disrespect, the deliberate attempts to injure our players.

Fucking hell, I agree with you!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Without the big clubs the West Hams and Fulhams and Evertons of the world have NOTHING. No product, no money, no anything. Fuck them in their ears. I'm through with having to pretend that these no-marks are our peers, I'm done with the disrespect, the deliberate attempts to injure our players. They had it and they blew it. The golden geese are flying off and they're taking their golden eggs with them.

Magnificent shout 

30 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Ouch, tbf can't argue with any of that. 

"Always the victims, it's never your....sorry where are you going?"

"I'm off to get a hand job form Selena Gomez, enjoy your pasty."

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Brilliant

41 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Exactly, ooh Burnley on a wet cold Monday night, jumpers for posts. Long wet walk home, ready for work the next day.

36 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

And then we fucked them all up by winning everything 

Oh no! Null and void it, we will have another song to sing with no meaning to the team they support.

All cunts with the biggest being the shite.

Fuck them all.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Would have detested the idea a decade ago. 

Simply don't give a fuck now.

It won't matter what they do, it'll be for greed and hurt the game as a whole. But I barely recognise football anymore and I've never felt so detached from the club - which for me detaches me from the game as a whole. I remember when we got h&g out and I thought great, we can get back to football now. But it's still shit. Be that Qatar world cups, the whole FIFA debacle, VAR, owners who are "investors", owners who are countries, or crooks or cunts. We're all nothing but mugs who are there to line their pockets. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Would have detested the idea a decade ago. 

Simply don't give a fuck now.

This is about where I am. Whatever is best for the club. The clubs in the PL just look after their own interests while expecting those clubs who actually bring in the TV money to sacrifice their financial interests for the "greater good". 

Playing the European elite year after year may eventually become repetitive and uninspiring.  But playing a lot of sides in the Prem year after year has already achieved that status. 

• Upvote 1