You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New European super league?

1892-LFCWasBorn

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Probably just Madrid and Barcelona realising that their bubble has burst and La Liga is behind the PL and the Bundesliga and is probably gonna end up behind the Serie A soon. 

This is Agnelli at Juventus driving this. You can't blame him, even he must be bored of winning Serie A every year. Bayern and PSG will be as bored and Barca and Madrid never appear that bothered which of them wins it. But for Klopp City would be well on their way to 10 in a row.

I'd be up this, Lisbon and Lyon can become our new West Ham and Leicester. I don't get tired of playing Man Utd so I can't see what why I'd get bored playing Barca twice a year. Bring it on or at least bring it to the point that geebag from Everton is apologising to us and begging for forgiveness. 

50 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

That would be it for me 128 years of history in this league built by such legends as Shanks and Paisley tossed aside to play in some over hyped money ball tournament fuck off.It will not be the same football club anymore.

Did we not chuck that out when we formed the premier league and started playing kids in the fa cup? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bizzle10 said:

That would be it for me 128 years of history in this league built by such legends as Shanks and Paisley tossed aside to play in some over hyped money ball tournament fuck off.It will not be the same football club anymore.

Yes but that's why the Football League introduced the midweek Football League Cup, to try and head off the top First Division clubs entering the new fledgling European competitions.

I didnt realise until recently, the old Fairs Cup was run by FIFA. UEFA only took up ownership when it was rebranded as the UEFA Cup. Neither would we likely have played much in European club football if the old Inter Cities Fairs Cup had stuck to its original concept where only cities that held trade fairs could enter.

Guess it depends where you stand regarding changes. Each has their own view point.

Bit shit, but if it happens we might as well jump on board. If this happened 10 years ago we wouldn't have been able to join any potential super league because we were so shit. No chance we were getting an invite when we had the Hodge. 

And if that was the case then we would struggle even more to get back into that top table, it'd be over and we'd be sat with Everton growing more bitter as we age. 

Make lemonade when the sun shines or whatever the saying is. 

5 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It feels wrong, but I increasingly care less about how things feel.

I've had enough of shit-munching peasants hurling abuse about Heysel, Hillsborough, Slippy G etc etc ad infinitum, but when it comes to it, they're only too happy to ride our coat-tails to broadcast riches that, quite frankly, their own level of support doesn't come anywhere near to justifying.

With this, and Big Picture, it seems the crime of clubs like United and Liverpool is to know their value to the league and to try to assert it.

How many people do we think paid 15 quid to watch West Brom v Burnley on pay per view?

Now how many do you think would pay it to watch Liverpool v United?

Without the big clubs the West Hams and Fulhams and Evertons of the world have NOTHING. No product, no money, no anything. Fuck them in their ears. I'm through with having to pretend that these no-marks are our peers, I'm done with the disrespect, the deliberate attempts to injure our players. They had it and they blew it. The golden geese are flying off and they're taking their golden eggs with them.

Yup. In a social context, the idea of being constricted & cut off from the rest of the continent on this horrible grey rock post-Brexit also becomes more depressing by the day. Let LFC be the grand global force that Everton, Burnley, West Ham & their ilk cannot and will not ever be.

15 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

I'm all for it, fuck the FA and the premier league... 

Me too. After all the shit we've gotten off both of them over the years I'd be happy to fuck it off. Fuck them, fuck all those other small time clubs and their null and void cunt supporters as well. I hope the lot of them go bust

• Upvote 1

As much as I'd love to piss off all the horrible bastards out there, I don't like this at all.

I actually would prefer if some really historic clubs like Ajax, Benfica, Celtic or some of those legendary Eastern European teams became forces again. I don't like the current format where it is pretty much the same 12 teams in the quarter final every year. It's a rarity that countries like Hungary and Bulgaria qualify anyone these days.

They need to find a way of spreading the wealth not keeping it in the hands of the same  lucky few. I know say Rangers and Celtic, or Levski Sofia say are shit but I'd much rather play them in a group game than the 4th team of Spain.

14 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

Think that happened when we swapped the European Cup, although it benefitted us.

But do get your point.

I’m not a fan of this idea but if it happens then I definitely want us to be in it. 

hypothetically if the idea is to have a European super league which teams would they want in it?

Liverpool

united 

Man City

chelsea

real madrid

barcelona

juventus 

inter

PSG

Marseille? 
bayern

dortmund

Benfica 

Porto

ajax

galatasaray?

zenit ?

shakhtar ?

Im not sure how you distribute it without favouring England, Germany, Italy and Spain which is a big fuck you to the other countries not to mention some historically big clubs.

Football started a long and painful death when Sky took over. It just isn't what it was when most of us were younger. It's a million miles from what it was when Shanks and Bob managed us. 

I'd rather watch us play footballing teams than a bunch of hoofers lumping our players around. The shite teams that do not even attempt to play football get a fortune from our best efforts, fuck them.

11 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

As much as I'd love to piss off all the horrible bastards out there, I don't like this at all.

I actually would prefer if some really historic clubs like Ajax, Benfica, Celtic or some of those legendary Eastern European teams became forces again. I don't like the current format where it is pretty much the same 12 teams in the quarter final every year. It's a rarity that countries like Hungary and Bulgaria qualify anyone these days.

They need to find a way of spreading the wealth not keeping it in the hands of the same  lucky few. I know say Rangers and Celtic, or Levski Sofia say are shit but I'd much rather play them in a group game than the 4th team of Spain.

Takes some doing that.

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Clubs like Celtic, Ajax and Benfica could be every bit as big a club anyone else if they were in this. Who wouldn't want to play for Ajax if the standard of opposition was as good as the PL for example? A top player would rather live in Amsterdam or Lisbon than Manchester if the pay and chance of success were equal.