Supremolad

Nathaniel Phillips

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

When you watch his ability on the ball and we all know he will head anything (including zlatan), it makes you wonder how there's not a queue of clubs trying to sign him. I know he's short of pace, but it's not like outside the top 4 there's bundles of pace right down the league. 

Everything Klopp has said since the end of last season has suggested it was agreed that he'd stay until at least January.

Lots of clubs were reported as interested in the summer.

Keep everybody. If our second string can play like that, we should be able to give both domestic cups a decent bash this season while still rotating. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Keep everybody. If our second string can play like that, we should be able to give both domestic cups a decent bash this season while still rotating. 

Quite a few teams in those cups will be much better than AC was last night.

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

I don't want him to leave the club. Fuck that.

Gomez can go.

Kind of crazy how far joe has fallen down the pecking order I know he has a higher ceiling but with his injuries I can’t help but think we might be better selling him to someone like Villa for decent packet assuming Nat would be happy to be 4th choice.

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Kind of crazy how far joe has fallen down the pecking order I know he has a higher ceiling but with his injuries I can’t help but think we might be better selling him to someone like Villa for decent packet assuming Nat would be happy to be 4th choice.

Yeah, thinking the same. Fourth choice needs to be able to play when required. 

24 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Liverpool are set to be without the services of Nathaniel Phillips for training this morning after the defender sustained a fracture to his cheekbone.

The centre-back picked up the issue during Tuesday’s 2-1 victory over AC Milan at San Siro in a challenge.

Further diagnosis by the club’s medical team has confirmed a fracture, though Phillips does not require surgery.

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

Liverpool are set to be without the services of Nathaniel Phillips for training this morning after the defender sustained a fracture to his cheekbone.

The centre-back picked up the issue during Tuesday’s 2-1 victory over AC Milan at San Siro in a challenge.

Further diagnosis by the club’s medical team has confirmed a fracture, though Phillips does not require surgery.

Got his cheekbone head-butted and fractured. Got up, and got on with bossing the game. Totally Nat.

• Upvote 2

That's a real shame for him as he'd surely have played against Leicester in the League Cup. Hopefully he'll be allowed to play in the FA Cup game. 

19 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

That's a real shame for him as he'd surely have played against Leicester in the League Cup. Hopefully he'll be allowed to play in the FA Cup game. 

And the European final. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think he’s fucking boss.

Proper footballer.

Limited? Sure.

Klopp knows his limitations and I bet he’d love to see him stay, but won’t stand in his way if he’s got the chance of more first team action elsewhere.

Sadly.

• Upvote 2

If due to his current injury, that was the last time we got to see the Bolton Baresi play for Liverpool, then what better way to end his time with us than the special memory of him bossing it at San Siro. Still hope he stays but it's looking like Klopp is quite happy to let him go in January.

Creating this thread was certainly worthwhile nevertheless. You are all welcome.

Breaking his cheekbone and finishing the game only adds to his legend.

I hope he gets on at a packed Anfield, ideally on a European night (not just the last minute). Obviously unlikely unless we have a huge first leg lead or injury crisis.