You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nathaniel Phillips

Supremolad

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Our season was fucked by a terrible injury to VVD and our next two best centre halves being made of wet paper yet people are saying we should sell the one CB who has managed to help us salvage the season?  Clueless. 

Maybe we don't want to stay shite. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Our season was fucked by a terrible injury to VVD and our next two best centre halves being made of wet paper yet people are saying we should sell the one CB who has managed to help us salvage the season?  Clueless. 

Ever thought he may want regular game time somewhere else?

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ever thought he might back himself in getting regular game time here?

I can’t wait until he’s got 32 games partnering big virg under his belt next season and we are top with the least conceded in the league. Then I’ll have fucking proper told you so.

16 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Maybe we don't want to stay shite. 

Then look at other players not the one who has contributed arguably the most in us getting into the champions league. Actually, start watching the match before commenting on football. 

13 minutes ago, belarus said:

I can’t wait until he’s got 32 games partnering big virg under his belt next season and we are top with the least conceded in the league. Then I’ll have fucking proper told you so.

Yes, I've thought that. I was replying to thinking selling him was quote: "clueless". Like I've said, I don't think there's a wrong decision to make with him. Either we can sell a player that doesn't intrinsically fit our style of play while his value is high, or you keep a cheap, home grown, solid squad player. This isn't really a big deal either way.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah thats the spirit just bottle it at the first sign of a challenge. 

What are you on about? Do you know the guy? He might want a regular place and higher wages somewhere else, how could you possibly blame him for that if that was the case?

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Then look at other players not the one who has contributed arguably the most in us getting into the champions league. Actually, start watching the match before commenting on football. 

When's the parade for 3rd?

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pretty sure that has been on his mind for the lat decade or so.

19 minutes ago, belarus said:

Just to get onto the training field every week will be good enough.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What are you on about? Do you know the guy? He might want a regular place and higher wages somewhere else, how could you possibly blame him for that if that was the case?

Or he might have the stomach for the fight. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Clown. 

No what's clownish is explaining our shit season away on injuries to our real defenders and then championing the limited darthorses that salvaged champions league football. 

Hopefully we're not praising carthorses for doing their best next year and actually have a team that can function again.  

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

No what's clownish is explaining our shit season away on injuries to our real defenders and then championing the limited darthorses that salvaged champions league football. 

Hopefully we're not praising carthorses for doing their best next year and actually have a team that can function again.  

Referring to one of our own as a carthorse, who has in fact, despite your very blinkered claims and opinions, played very well, makes you come across as a bit of a whopper

• Upvote 1

Just now, Grinch said:

No id suggest keeping the first team that proved themselves with suitable defenders. 

But the rest of the team were failing and then things were markedly improved when Nat came in.

The stats are stark and very enlightening

On 14/05/2021 at 19:35, belarus said:

We’ve lost 3 in 17 with him playing, one being the cl game against Madrid.

Since Christmas we lost 6 of the 11 games without him playing. That’s facts. I think.

Edit - yeah, that’s right. Just had another look

3 in 19 now 

11 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Clown. 

26 minutes ago, Grinch said:

When's the parade for 3rd?

Now you’re just trolling. Nobody is saying it’s a great success, but they’re also not stupid enough to think the crazy amount of injuries and top players out didn’t impact that final place. To still get 3rd, considering the extreme quality and financial power of City, isn’t earth shattering and it doesn’t mean we are shit, it means even with big injury issues to key players there were only two teams in the country who did better than us. The difference between being shit and good isn’t whether or not Nat Phillips is 4th or 5th choice centre back. 

I really think the choice is his, I’m sure lots of teams would fancy him and he would be first choice, he’s done enough to prove he’s good enough and really stepped up.

If he wants to stay and be part of it wonderful, but I wouldn’t begrudge him moving somewhere he’ll play the majority of games and build a career that way.