You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nathaniel Phillips

Supremolad

39 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Wonder if the club will consider keeping him around. He's a good solid pro, gives his all, heads everything, physically strong. He'd look very good with virgil for instance. 

Him with Virgil alongside is a match made in heaven. He will get better and better. I think he's decent. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He's useful against the alehouse twats as he doesn't get bullied. Would like to see him score off a few of our set pieces.

We keep playing him a goal will only be a matter of time coming,  got a head made of granite just what we’ll need against Giroud this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Another good display tonight in Budapest. Got skinned once or twice but was a robust, no nonsense cunt all through. Was ready to throw his bandaged head at everything. Reminds me a bit of Carragher when he started playing at CB consistently. Not great on the ball, but great in the air with lots of graft and determination.

There should always be a spot in the squad for a centerback like that. Wont mind us offering to keep him around as a 5th choice CB next season, if he agrees to it.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Another good display tonight in Budapest. Got skinned once or twice but was a robust, no nonsense cunt all through. Was ready to throw his bandaged head at everything. Reminds me a bit of Carragher when he started playing at CB consistently. Not great on the ball, but great in the air with lots of graft and determination.

There should always be a spot in the squad for a centerback like that. Wont mind us offering to keep him around as a 5th choice CB next season, if he agrees to it.

I'd be happy going into next season with Virgil, Joe, Joel and a newly-signed top-quality CB as our first four choices; Nat, Fab, Davies and Hendo as 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th choices; Williams and van der Berg out on loan, getting gametime in the Championship.

We'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'd be happy going into next season with Virgil, Joe, Joel and a newly-signed top-quality CB as our first four choices; Nat, Fab, Davies and Hendo as 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th choices; Williams and van der Berg out on loan, getting gametime in the Championship.

We'll be fine.

Harsh on kabak

Guest Alex_K

Much as I like both individually, I don't think Gomez & Matip can constitute the 2nd & 3rd choice options. Has to be one or the other. Both quality but too injury prone to constitute the main selections (sadly).

For games against teams like Burnley VVD alongside Nat would actually be a good pairing as both are really strong in the air. I also lime the idea of having him on the bench to bring on for the aerial bombardment in the last 10 mins. 

I think Matip should now leave, we need him for about 15 games a season but he is unavailable for at least 10 of those, a new CB needed but keep phillips as 4th choice.

1 hour ago, SlugTrail said:

I think Matip should now leave, we need him for about 15 games a season but he is unavailable for at least 10 of those, a new CB needed but keep phillips as 4th choice.

Exactly this for me.

Matip gone. Sign a new player to compete with Gomez to play alongside VVD. Phillips in against the alehouse sides when we have injuries. Maybe Fabinho against teams that play a bit more football.

Would be nice to see this Davies character at some point. If that even is his real name.