You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ajax (A) Champions League - 21/10/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

Well tyler wanted us to lose, didnt he? Commentating for that bein Sport he was well mugged off.

Once again, Jurgen plays a masterstroke. No doubt oppos will say we were luckybut with some better finishing tonight, we'd have won that 4 or 5 nil even with Adrian in goal. It looks to me like he might have got a finger tip to that one of theirs that hit the post. He made a couple of blocks I dont think he really knew too much about but, so long as they stay out, who cares?

Fabinho and Joe the stand out players to me. Brilliant clearance off the line with Adrian stranded and unlucky not to score with a header in the 2nd half. A bit of a ropey start from Joe, but he settled down and didnt put a foot wrong after that incident in the first couple of minutes. 'Oh come on!' Joe said when they fucked up that through ball.

Good to see all the subs get a bit of game time, thanks smaller PL sides for going back to 3 subs! Bet Rhys Williams has to pinch himself, playing for Kidderminster in NL North(?) and now playing in the Champions League!

Hope that ice on Sadio's leg was only a precaution. Dont want to be losing him injured!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Daisy said:

The only disappointment was Jones I thought. He doesn't seem to grab his chance when he gets it. Not sure he's a puts in enough effort for   a Klopp midfielder 

I don't like his attitude/demeanour. He also got away with what looked a nasty challenge in the first half and I reckon Klopp hooked him for that. Just before Milner got booked.

9 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I thought Adrian did OK tonight. I mean, he did save a goal-bound shot from point-blank range which meant we ended up winning... 

Adrian was lucky tonight if we're honest. His punches barely reached the edge of the box and Fabhino spared his blushes with that incredible clearance . He made a couple of decent stops but overall he still looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Sooner he gets his arse back on the bench the better.

Jota and Minamino linked up quite well. Wont mind seeing Jota start vs Sheffield. Would allow us put Mane in the middle and Firmino on the bench.

Milner eventually arrived in the 2nd half. Henderson coming on probably helped with that. Gomez was good overall. Fabinho, MOTM.

And oh, Adrian made things interesting. In a shitty way. 

15 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Adrian was lucky tonight if we're honest. His punches barely reached the edge of the box and Fabhino spared his blushes with that incredible clearance . He made a couple of decent stops but overall he still looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Sooner he gets his arse back on the bench the better.

Thought he did ok apart from the clearance rebound.

Couple of big saves

Difficult to pick too much fault with an away win and a clean sheet.

We weren't great, and we didn't need to be.

Thought Adrian did well, Gini and Milner did what they needed to, Robbo and Trent are always dependable, bar that mistake at the start - Gomez was OK and Fabinho was ace.

Onwards and upwards