You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ajax (A) Champions League - 21/10/20 - 20:00

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah he was made of Quavers but worse than Matip? I’m not aware of the stats but would be surprised if he was out more than this fella, a worthy successor to Lallana and Sturridge. 

Hard to use just figures as not being picked is obviously different to being unavailable...

But - Agger played 232 games for us in his 9 seasons.

Matip has played 111 in 4 up to end of last season.

So very similar numbers just based on that.

But obviously more to it than just that.

Agger did manage 35 league games one season, Matips best is 29.

Appear to be much of a muchness i'd say.

Agger was of course a lot younger when he joined us.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I layed Leicester at the weekend before Vardy news went public. Layed at 2.28 and exited with a back trade of 2.46 for some nice green before kick off.

Defo gonna keep an eye on it.

Made a good few quid in past on it, had a couple of not so good days too, but agree that there can be easier money to be made.

Fancy us to score tonight without too much trouble, but just zero confidence in that clown in goal and of course depends too how badly defence will be shaken after VVD.

We need to be ruthless. Even with VVD we were conceding a stupid amount of goals, our defence has been poor for a while, Trent has been below par often a weakness in our side defensively recently but nothing annoys me more than how we completely dominate sides but only just about win, we are strangely shite at finishing easy opportunities. Sides can get 3 shots and 3 goals past us we can have 40 shots and one goal. I will add the caveat "i love bobby" but his goal return now is wank, its not good enough regardless of what he offers elsewhere. Drop him, change his instructions do something because no matter how much you read Ariggo Sacchi one goal in about 20 games or whatever it is, isn't good enough. At the very least let's try something different be it personal tactical or his individual instruction.

31 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Can honestly say I've never been less arsed about a big European game. Hope that changes before K.O. but it just seems so shite without fans especially these sort of games  

I honestly think international and european footy should have been binned for this season. Just keep everyone to their domestic leagues and try and make that as big a spectacle as possible. Pure fucking greed having 100's of people from clubs, tv stations/media etc travelling all round the place during a pandemic. 

• Upvote 2

Roberto Firmino has been directly involved in 26 goals in 33 Champions League games for Liverpool (15 goals and 11 assists) - since his debut in the competition in 2017-18.

The only other player to have scored 10+ goals and made 10+ assists in this period is Kylian Mbappe (13 goals, 13 assists).

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I honestly think international and european footy should have been binned for this season. Just keep everyone to their domestic leagues and try and make that as big a spectacle as possible. Pure fucking greed having 100's of people from clubs, tv stations/media etc travelling all round the place during a pandemic. 

Yep totally agree ...You had Belgium playing England last week and Bruges last night from a country who's spread of Covid cases is now being called a "tsunami"  with authorities unable to control what's happening