You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans back in stadiums

LFC 6 Times

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

People need a second jab and it takes a month from inoculation to max efficacy. Add to that mutations that will not respond well to current vaccines and we have a semi permanent situation that wont disappear until most of the world gets access to vaccines. What should improve is treatment for those that get sick so we see the mortality rate right down. I don't think there is any likelihood we will see full stadiums this year.    

I really hope you are wrong, unfortunately I believe you are probably right. 

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Coronavirus isn't going away.....it is/will be endemic....every time case rates go up, the calls for social distancing will grow and mass gatherings like pop concerts, footy etc are the easiest targets to cut.

I really want to be wrong on this by the way - but i just can't see the scientists letting it go back to how it was.

My arse , this time next year stadiums will be rammed . 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Like the flu. Or pneumonia. Couple years from now. Nobody batted an eye when flu deaths went up or down. The trick is to get the numbers to similar levels of shit we have had to deal with everyday.

This is how I see it too. It’ll always be there as other viruses are but we’ll live with it like we do with those others.

8 minutes ago, Brownie said:

This is how I see it too. It’ll always be there as other viruses are but we’ll live with it like we do with those others.

Agreed. It's noteworthy how flu deaths and pneumonia have plummeted this winter. 

13 hours ago, aws said:

If I was a betting man, my money would be on 10,000 vaccinated people at the start of the season increasing gradually to near full capacity by February if the cases and numbers in hospital are considered low enough. 

Get the Euros over here, use that as a test run at reduced capacities ahead of the real stuff starting again in August.

7 hours ago, Brownie said:

You said “ever”, not a couple of years.

I stand by what i said.....a year turns in two, two turns into 4.....suddenly the advice is 'better if we stay as are, we can't go back'.....

That mindset.

You wanna believe differently - i hope as i said you are right, and i'm wrong.

I believe we will be back, and sooner than the doomsayers believe. It's almost impossible for one side to say they're right and the other is wrong because anything could happen of course. I have to believe that once we have the majority of the population vaccinated then the virus becomes the new flu, and we didn't really do much to halt that apart from offer vaccinations to the vulnerable. Suddenly we now have billions spent on this and all the great minds working on it. 

There probably will be some hang ons from the past year, I mean people will be more likely to miss a game if they have heavy symptoms and I am sure most of us have been at the match around people obviously suffering with a cold. There might be temperature checks on entry, even faster self tests and of course the ubiquitous hand sanitiser. But those restrictions won't last long in my opinion, unless we see a massive spike again which of course probably means the vaccine isn't working or we need it again. 

We are a club that needs its fans and I quite agree that it's shit without them. Klopp might shout at the main stand when a few thousand fans sigh because of a missed pass, as much as the players love the adoration they need to know that they are required to give 100%. It is our job to support them (and we do that brilliantly) but they need the fans reactions. 

The big pisser is that we missed one of the biggest events in our history, our 30 year wait for the title. We missed the atmosphere, celebrating with the players and the parade. We even missed sticking it to rival fans who have been sticking it to us for years. We aren't getting that back. 

Our team has been incredible for years, maybe this season is a breather and next season with our injured players back (fuck you Pickford you cunt) and the fans back we can once again strike terror into the opposition. 

• Upvote 1

Ignoring the fact i think theres something sinister at play with this whole pandemic and probably to do with WEF and Davos, football will not survive another season like this.

They have to get the fans back, not just for the obvious but of course for the cash. Im not sure how self sustaining clubs will be if they are asked to go several seasons without fans, I just don't think its doable.

• Downvote 1

There will be fans back - soon enough.

10%, 20%, 25% possibly going up in increments slowly.....but for me it tops out at about 50%.

Never said no fans.....i said bye bye to seeing 53,000 in Anfield again - certainly any time soon and IMO (sadly) ever.

I can see maybe 30,000 being the best it gets to.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ignoring the fact i think theres something sinister at play with this whole pandemic and probably to do with WEF and Davos, football will not survive another season like this.

They have to get the fans back, not just for the obvious but of course for the cash. Im not sure how self sustaining clubs will be if they are asked to go several seasons without fans, I just don't think its doable.

Maybe all the state sponsored cunts who survive this shit show can form a mini league in China till the end of time. Man City, New York City, Melbourne City, Yokohama F Marinos, Monvideo City Torque, Girona FC, Sichuan Jiuniu, Mumbia City FC, Lommel SK (all part of the City Group) Chelsea, PSG and Amazon FC. Everyone else can just fuck off, peasants.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

There will be fans back - soon enough.

10%, 20%, 25% possibly going up in increments slowly.....but for me it tops out at about 50%.

Never said no fans.....i said bye bye to seeing 53,000 in Anfield again - certainly any time soon and IMO (sadly) ever.

I can see maybe 30,000 being the best it gets to.

We 100% will have full stadiums again, it’s mental to suggest we won’t.

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

We 100% will have full stadiums again, it’s mental to suggest we won’t.

You wanna call it mental?

Fine.

We'll agree to disagree and time will tell.

I think 'social distancing' will be a massive, massive push over next few years and the only way that stadia will be allowed to host increasing numbers of fans.

There will be all kinds of calls for changes to access and egress, the concourses and how people move around them, the bogs, good bars etc etc etc.....it will lead to a lot of reconfiguring, additional things having to be added wider walkways, wider steps up to blocks etc and ultinately more space for each person....leading to less seating, leading to lower capacities.

That is why i say will never see what is a full house now....you will see a new full house of maybe 30,000 -35,000 one day, but not Anfield full in way we knew it.

Clubs will adapt, prices will go up and of course people having a version of 'hospitality' so they eat and drink as a part of their 'experience' will become alnost the norm.

Thats how i see it, time will tell.

Just out of interest, for those saying we won’t get back to full capacity why is that? It’s a relatively benign disease as it is and the vaccines are going to diminish the risk of death to a completely  minuscule level. How can they justify this continuation of restrictions, no one wants to live like this.

5 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Just out of interest, for those saying we won’t get back to full capacity why is that? It’s a relatively benign disease as it is and the vaccines are going to diminish the risk of death to a completely  minuscule level. How can they justify this continuation of restrictions, no one wants to live like this.

I agree people do not want to live like this.

But at the same time people have never seen so many die of something, and people are deeply afraid.

The main thing is though that the scientific community and govts have never felt need to go as far as they have with this, and the further they go the further they have to keep going, as it isn't gonna go away - it is gonna be endemic.

Yes they can and will vaccinate each winter, yes that should keep serious illness and death down to certain level and one that maybe will become 'acceptable'.....but at same time i believe that the things they really see as big drivers of infection - i.e. loads of people packed together in places like gigs, footy etc will continue to be subject to the loudest calls for restrictions and those restrictions will see capacities top out at maybe just over half/60% what we are used to.

This will become the 'new norm'