You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans back in stadiums

LFC 6 Times

On 16/10/2020 at 15:56, dockers_strike said:

Some are holding out hope for an all conquering vaccines. Nothing wrong with that, who doesnt? But the reality is, a vaccine is still some way off, upto one fifth of people in the UK say they wont have it when it is available and no vaccine is ever 100% effective.

There are ways to impose the vaccine on people you know. When it comes it'll be important that we all chip in and take it with a few exceptions for medical reasons. No room for free riders.

• Downvote 1

Wasnt there talk this morning (Sure i read it on the BBC Gossip Column) that they didnt want singing or shouting at the grounds?

I know some will still be made up, however, the thought of sitting on your todd, miles away from anyone, freezing in the middle of winter and having to do so in silence, is a game id give up a ticket for (If i still went).

I’ve cancelled my prescription to watch footie. I do watch our games though. Somehow , and purely accidently of course, I kind of stumbled over an internet site sending our matches for free.

Very nice of them to do that. Last time at halftime they even told me there was this beautiful bird not far from where I live who wanted to have sex with me. And if that wasn’t enough someone else came along and offered me something to enlarge my dick (although I wonder a little how they could know I need a bigger dick).

I reckon things would not be back to normal before next season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

I’ve cancelled my prescription to watch footie. I do watch our games though. Somehow , and purely accidently of course, I kind of stumbled over an internet site sending our matches for free.

Very nice of them to do that. Last time at halftime they even told me there was this beautiful bird not far from where I live who wanted to have sex with me. And if that wasn’t enough someone else came along and offered me something to enlarge my dick (although I wonder a little how they could know I need a bigger dick).

I reckon things would not be back to normal before next season.

At least your missus will get a few months of pleasure. 

On 23/11/2020 at 21:01, Scott_M said:

Clubs will earn <100k per game. I bet it costs more in policing, stewarding & catering games.

All just a bit of a nothing isn't it....

It may be a bit of help to the clubs in the lower leagues which is of course where the most help is needed and if it means they get a much neesed few quid in then great...

But at this level it is virtually meaningless for big clubs.....and 2,000 people rattling around in 50/60,000 capacity grounds is just silly IMO - may as well be 0.

I can imagine the nightmare of how you sell and to who will be a right fucking mess too.

On 16/10/2020 at 12:05, Bjornebye said:

I doubt we will see a full capacity this season. It's frustrating but the games still being played so you just have to get on with it. I cant watch it without that crowd noise though. When it was first mentioned I thought I'd hate it but watching it without the crowd noise is awful. 

I prefer it without fake noise....

Hearing the shouts of players etc.

I think it is because the fake noise is so bad and unrealistic....seems to be no difference in npise level between a home and away goal.....the delay on a goal and the 'cheering' of it is at times embarrassingly bad - and worst of all the noise hardly ever seems to fit what is happening in game generally.

I tried it and i hate it - actually can't stand it now and actively swerve it i find it that bad.

I watched some super league the other day and the fake noise at that was much better.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, an tha said:

I think it is because the fake noise is so bad and unrealistic....seems to be no difference in npise level between a home and away goal.....the delay on a goal and the 'cheering' of it is at times embarrassingly bad - and worst of all the noise hardly ever seems to fit what is happening in game generally.

I tried it and i hate it - actually can't stand it now and actively swerve it i find it that bad.

I watched some super league the other day and the fake noise at that was much better.

I find Bein sports has better fan noise.

12 hours ago, an tha said:

Agreed on the super league fake noise. Much better. 

I just like some sort of noise (almost like white noise) in the background. It helps me forget subconsciously that the ground is empty. 

As for supporters returning, I think its premature. we are in lockdown today, now next week 4000 people can go to the game? Ok they will be spread out etc it just seems odd. Is it somewhere they can point the blame if their christmas bubble idea goes tits up and we have a 3rd wave? (We aren't even out of the 2nd) 

I think it's ace hearing the players and coaches shouting. The other game at a corner when the oppos wasnt 10 yards away, someone was shouting  'Look at the fucking line! Look at the fucking line!' Could have been the ref or lino for all I know!

Then came the sky apology for 'industrial' language.

You can hear Andy's frustration when his passes doe not get to Sadio etc.

36 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If it’s just gonna be a token 4000 (or 2000) fans then the club should give them to local school kids. Would be a good PR move, should stop any grumbling about who gets priority and also stops people travelling in from all around the country and Norway. 

Well thats Code sorted 

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If it’s just gonna be a token 4000 (or 2000) fans then the club should give them to local school kids. Would be a good PR move, should stop any grumbling about who gets priority and also stops people travelling in from all around the country and Norway. 

Great point.

Club should be lobbied on this.

Official, Liverpool in Tier 2 so just 2000 in a 54,000 seater stadium. Fuck knows how they're going to work that one out.

Good as the suggestion of giving them to school kids is, it wont work in practice. What age group? Who's going to take the kids to the ground never mind look after them in there? It would be like herding cats!

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Official, Liverpool in Tier 2 so just 2000 in a 54,000 seater stadium. Fuck knows how they're going to work that one out.

Good as the suggestion of giving them to school kids is, it wont work in practice. What age group? Who's going to take the kids to the ground never mind look after them in there? It would be like herding cats!

Typical, everton will be able to hold player testimonials under tier 2. 

• Upvote 2

Lots of moaning from fans of clubs in tier 3 areas on Twitter. They’re acting like we will have the advantage of a full house in our home games and they’ll be at some massive disadvantage by playing in front of no fans. My guess is that this tier 2 will only last 6 to 8 weeks anyway, with the whole country in tier 3 in January.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I guess I come from a time where people grew up a bit faster.

But if 14 and 15 year olds can't go alone to a football match anymore there's something severly wrong with the way we bring up kids these days.

Let the kids go, they'd love it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

I guess I come from a time where people grew up a bit faster.

But if 14 and 15 year olds can't go alone to a football match anymore there's something severly wrong with the way we bring up kids these days.

Let the kids go, they'd love it

Those 15 year olds with beards and ale guts who used to go in the under 16s turnstile on the kop you mean?

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Lots of moaning from fans of clubs in tier 3 areas on Twitter. They’re acting like we will have the advantage of a full house in our home games and they’ll be at some massive disadvantage by playing in front of no fans. My guess is that this tier 2 will only last 6 to 8 weeks anyway, with the whole country in tier 3 in January.

Jan will be full lockdown again.

The scientists were talking when the xmas easing of restrictions were mooted about 1 day of eased restrictions = 5 days need to tighten...and they are spewing about the easing over those few days.

I expect a lockdown to be announced after Xmas starting around 10th Jan and ending on 1st Feb.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Jan will be full lockdown again.

The scientists were talking when the xmas easing of restrictions were mooted about 1 day of eased restrictions = 5 days need to tighten...and they are spewing about the easing over those few days.

I expect a lockdown to be announced after Xmas starting around 10th Jan and ending on 1st Feb.

Arent the vaccines coming in on 1st December? I got a text offering me one after that date due to falling in the older age category(fuckin hate getting old) and if I planned to take the vaccine offer up.