You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans back in stadiums

LFC 6 Times

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

India is a strange one. If you believe the government they have very low death rates, but it seems barely believable.

I read an article a few weeks ago saying the comparative death rates are low because they're not diagnosing deaths among the hundreds of millions who live in the rural villages and because obesity isn't a complicating factor. Apart from that the virus is rife there. 

1 hour ago, Butch said:

It would be obviously be great to have the fans back but only after city are presented with the trophy. Would be shit them having fans celebrating when we couldn't. 

fuck them. who cares? they won the fucking thing playing without fans. every point we needed to win the league was done in front of our fans. 

NZ and Australia have been very strict on early lockdowns and have tracing systems that actually seem to work. They've had more separate lockdowns in total than we have but the total time spent in lockdown is a lot lower.

India is a weird one, virus is absolutely rife in some parts but the death rates are basically the same as a normal year. Lack of obesity, better ventilation, younger population will all have some effect but I wouldn't have expected this much of one.

35 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is covid now eliminated in Oz? I have no idea to be honest.

As coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined it. And it's not only merely dead. It's really most sincerely dead

Fuck knows mate they are probably snorting it for breakfast then going out on the piss. 

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Is covid now eliminated in Oz? I have no idea to be honest.

There's been fans in stadiums in at least some parts of the country the whole time, due to individual states shutting their borders and adopting a quarantine system even for other Australians coming in. 

That said, as a rule it has been around the 50% capacity mark in that time. The MCG being massive still means 50,000, as it was last night. It was fucking buzzing!

21 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Their seven day average for cases is...11.

And it has been that way since about the middle of last September.

We've had 4 locally acquired cases over the past week, the rest have been international arrivals in hotel quarantine which count towards our positive case tally but aren't too much of a worry for the general public. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

We've had 4 locally acquired cases over the past week, the rest have been international arrivals in hotel quarantine which count towards our positive case tally but aren't too much of a worry for the general public. The footy that was on last night was in the MCG and 50,000 may seem like a large crowd but that's only 50% capacity, attendance at the same stadium when Liverpool came down was 96,000 so it's not like people were standing on each other's toes. In summary we're doing allright despite the best efforts of our federal government to balls it all up for us.

Yes, I read that the majority of new cases are international arrivals. It's expected that the hotel quarantine system isn't 100% flawless.

And yeah, I'm used to seeing MCG boxing day tests with the best part of 100k there. Incredible considering Lords holds less than a third of that.

On 18/03/2021 at 19:40, A_S said:

There's been fans in stadiums in at least some parts of the country the whole time, due to individual states shutting their borders and adopting a quarantine system even for other Australians coming in. 

That said, as a rule it has been around the 50% capacity mark in that time. The MCG being massive still means 50,000, as it was last night. It was fucking buzzing!

Yeah,but here in the UK,as an island and in full control of our borders we could never do what Oz and NZ have done!........Oh wait a minute.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Halcyon Days said:

Hate to be a negative twat but I fear this is never going to end.

I just don't see this being the case. Once.most of us are vaccinated they won't give a fuck how the disease spreads, it'll will be full on rebuild the economy at all costs from June. FFS they were fighting to try and get all the Euros a couple of weeks ago and it's absolutely certain they'll want Wembley 100% full in the euros in some weird illustration that brexit was good. 

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I just don't see this being the case. Once.most of us are vaccinated they won't give a fuck how the disease spreads, it'll will be full on rebuild the economy at all costs from June. FFS they were fighting to try and get all the Euros a couple of weeks ago and it's absolutely certain they'll want Wembley 100% full in the euros in some weird illustration that brexit was good. 

Hope you’re right Barry.

1 hour ago, Halcyon Days said:

Hope you’re right Barry.

Well I hope they make the right choices. It remains to be seen if opening everything completely up in June domestically will be the right thing. I just don't see them rowing back from it once it's open. It'll for sure be a political move. It remains to be seen if that's lucky enough to also be the right thing. It's all looking great right now, but we've been here before haven't we? 

35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well I hope they make the right choices. It remains to be seen if opening everything completely up in June domestically will be the right thing. I just don't see them rowing back from it once it's open. It'll for sure be a political move. It remains to be seen if that's lucky enough to also be the right thing. It's all looking great right now, but we've been here before haven't we? 

Haha you’re starting to sound like me now.