You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans back in stadiums

LFC 6 Times

28 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

No fans = Liverpool are no good.

It's as simple as that, really. Our form last season fell off a cliff once Project Restart happened, thankfully we'd already banked enough points that it didn't matter.

Then, this season, we've been pretty terrible except for the one month when we were allowed fans in the ground.

Ergo, no fans = we are bad. Fans back = we will be good again.

Largely agree with this. However, first two games after Restart - a cagey draw at the BS, then a brilliant performance to destroy Palace. A few days later, City lost, the title was won.

This season, lack of fans has been a big factor.....plus the most horrendous injury list..... plus the officials (but that's getting plenty of coverage elsewhere!)

17 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Largely agree with this. However, first two games after Restart - a cagey draw at the BS, then a brilliant performance to destroy Palace. A few days later, City lost, the title was won.

This season, lack of fans has been a big factor.....plus the most horrendous injury list..... plus the officials (but that's getting plenty of coverage elsewhere!)

I remember Klopp making a huge deal about the preparation that went into the Palace game. It clearly wasn't feasible to continue pretending there where fans in the ground or whatever it was they done.

I'm glad that we'll have fans back - for the team and the actual fans involved, and for the sake of my enjoyment of the game as lockdown footy is the worst and actively allows teams of callow shites an unjustified status.

But mostly it just completes the greatest horror the football gods have played on us. We'll be back in stadiums just in time to relinquish our PL title to another team - having never had the chance to properly celebrate our win, we'll instead be treated to see another team do it in front of their underserving fans instead.

Honestly, fuck this fucking shitty fucking sport with a big cunty stick.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Manny said:

I'm glad that we'll have fans back - for the team and the actual fans involved, and for the sake of my enjoyment of the game as lockdown footy is the worst and actively allows teams of callow shites an unjustified status.

But mostly it just completes the greatest horror the football gods have played on us. We'll be back in stadiums just in time to relinquish our PL title to another team - having never had the chance to properly celebrate our win, we'll instead be treated to see another team do it in front of their underserving fans instead.

Honestly, fuck this fucking shitty fucking sport with a big cunty stick.

It’s like a big sick joke but fuck it I just want to see Klopp in a full ground with his mojo back, we’ll recover.

To be honest, as cruel a fucking turn of events it was and it was unbelievably anti climatic. I had literally dreamed of the moment all my life. To win it in the manner we did was so so underwhelming and surreal you’ve got to take into consideration we may not have even got to win the thing at all. I was genuinely up at night at points in April and May thinking they’d deprive us from even winning it.

It may give us that extra determination to win it and front of our fans next season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, an tha said:

So no earlier than 17th May can have in 10,000  or 25% of capacity (whichever is smaller)

So season ends 23rd May and Man City are at home on 23rd....

So they'll probably be able to lift trophy in front of 10,000 fans.

So their ground will still be empty

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

So no earlier than 17th May can have in 10,000  or 25% of capacity (whichever is smaller)

So season ends 23rd May and Man City are at home on 23rd....

So they'll probably be able to lift trophy in front of 10,000 fans.

I’m not fucking arsed about this restricted shite. I want the full thing, stadium packed to the rafters, no masks and people hugging each other and sharing in the euphoria of scoring a goal. Let city have their hollow tin pot celebration, the gang of cunts.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I’m not fucking arsed about this restricted shite. I want the full thing, stadium packed to the rafters, no masks and people hugging each other and sharing in the euphoria of scoring a goal. Let city have their hollow tin pot celebration, the gang of cunts.

Couldn't agree more, might suit some but not for many. I wasn't watching with envy when the 2 thousand were allowed in.

26 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Yeah its absolutely shite

26 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

You'll have to hang on a little while for that celebration as VAR will have to draw a shitload of lines before we know if it counts. Moments gone then.

27 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Mate, thats almost a sell out crowd for city, 

Fans back on the last day of the season is to go to a vote, they need 14 to get it through. Looking at the fixtures if we (as a home side) vote against it it probably doesn't get passed. I'd love us to do that, small bit of pay back.

8 minutes ago, No2 said:

Fans back on the last day of the season is to go to a vote, they need 14 to get it through. Looking at the fixtures if we (as a home side) vote against it it probably doesn't get passed. I'd love us to do that, small bit of pay back.

Should be no chance of getting it through.

OK 10 home teams will want it and vote yes as it means money and an advantage....but there is absolutely fuck all in it for the 10 away teams - so they surely all vote no

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Should be no chance of getting it through.

OK 10 home teams will want it and vote yes as it means money and an advantage....but there is absolutely fuck all in it for the 10 away teams - so they surely all vote no

Leeds at Southampton should be a nothing game so they could vote for it. Everton at City need I say more. That leaves only 2, Utd at Wolves is possible, Palace at Anfield for a send off for Roy? 

4 is possible,  5 unlikely so we should vote against it.

1 minute ago, No2 said:

Leeds at Southampton should be a nothing game so they could vote for it. Everton at City need I say more. That leaves only 2, Utd at Wolves is possible, Palace at Anfield for a send off for Roy? 

4 is possible,  5 unlikely so we should vote against it.

Can't see us doing it...although we of course should.

• 3 weeks later...