You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans back in stadiums

LFC 6 Times

I see Chris (one win in nine games ) Wilder who after calling Klopp selfish earlier in the week over the 5 subs rule has now summoned his inner Allardyce by claiming Klopp only has his own teams interests at heart (as opposed to other managers who think of other teams all the time) over 2,000 fans being allowed back in .

Whether you agree with him or not you can guarantee if Ferguson was the one talking about 5 subs or fans you wouldn’t hear a peep out of Wilder .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chris-wilder-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-23081082

27 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Personally I couldn’t think of anything worse than being in a ground with only 2,000 people in it especially as I’m a constant nose picker and guaranteed Sky will zoom in on every fuckers face throughout the game .

Ha. But yes, I agree. As I season ticket wool from a Tier 3 area, I've no chance of attending next Sunday, but being honest I'm not really interested in going either.

I fundamentally don't agree that Tier 3 clubs can't have any supporters in or the best from the other Tiers is 2-4k.

I see all the supporters for us next Sunday will be in the Main Stand. Why can't we have 2k in the Kop, Dalglish & Annie Road as well?

IMO, if this is the path we're going down, whats wrong with a % per stand / block and then weight that on the Tiers? We could have, for example, 20% per block as in Tier 2, the mancs can only have 10% per block as in Tier 3. 

I suppose 2k is a start and hopefully the figures increase until May and that the 2k is being used as test events. 

54 minutes ago, an tha said:

For me it should be all clubs allowed fans or no clubs allowed fans...even at the virtually meaningless level of 2000 (25% of that being for hospitality etc because modern footy is shite even in this scenario)

They had this discussion on BT and I agreed fully with Joe Cole. 2000 fans is great for the 2000 fans and the nice boost on a personal level for the players but in terms of competitive advantage its zero. If 19 teams can have fans and 1 can't then it still should be fans in the 19 stadiums. 

I got an email before inviting me to enter the ballot. I had initially said I would not go but have backtracked and entered the ballot. I win fuck all so am pretty confident I won't be going to the Wolves game. 

We are delighted to be welcoming fans back to Anfield this weekend against Wolves on Sunday 6 December. We have greatly missed our supporters this year.

You may have seen our announcement last week confirming our plans to hold a ballot for the general admission tickets available.

You can register for ONE of the following ballots for a maximum of 4 eligible supporters:

• Adult only
  • Adult/Junior combined (1adult and 1 junior only)
  • Disabled supporters 

Please note that should you be successful in this ballot and purchase a ticket, you will be excluded from entering future ballots until all other eligible supporters have been successful. If you choose not to enter this ballot, then you will still be eligible to enter future ballots.

You can apply with other members of your household or support bubble, but we cannot guarantee that all your applications will be successful. You may be drawn out on your own.
Juniors are the exception to this rule, and we will be allocating adult/junior combined tickets. 

Please only enter the ballot if you are committed to attending the match on Sunday.

We have introduced NFC (Near Field Communication) technology for stadium entry for this game which means that tickets will be digital and only available on a smart mobile phone.
Tickets are non-transferrable.  You will be able to download your ticket to your smart mobile phone, and this cannot be forwarded on to another mobile phone. 

Supporters will also be asked to bring photographic ID with them for checks at the turnstiles before entry.  We will not allow entry if proof of ID is not provided.

Entry to the Ballot will be available online on Monday 30 November until 8am Tuesday 1 December.
By entering the ballot, you agree to the Terms and Conditions

If you require disabled tickets, please enter online or contact the disability team on 0151 264 2500, option 1.

All supporters that enter ballot will be notified of the results of the ballot on Tuesday 1 December.

• Upvote 1

Tickets are non-transferrable.  You will be able to download your ticket to your smart mobile phone, and this cannot be forwarded on to another mobile phone. 

Supporters will also be asked to bring photographic ID with them for checks at the turnstiles before entry.  We will not allow entry if proof of ID is not provided.

is this bullshit the way they are going to do it in the future? As someone who shares a ST in a family members name, will I no longer be able to attend ?

15 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Tickets are non-transferrable.  You will be able to download your ticket to your smart mobile phone, and this cannot be forwarded on to another mobile phone. 

Supporters will also be asked to bring photographic ID with them for checks at the turnstiles before entry.  We will not allow entry if proof of ID is not provided.

is this bullshit the way they are going to do it in the future? As someone who shares a ST in a family members name, will I no longer be able to attend ?

No. It's just while this lockdown called Tier 1, 2 and 3 restrictions are in place. Each ST has to be in one person's name and can be shared with family when this stuff is lifted and we're back to 'normal.'

39 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

No. It's just while this lockdown called Tier 1, 2 and 3 restrictions are in place. Each ST has to be in one person's name and can be shared with family when this stuff is lifted and we're back to 'normal.'

That’s fair enough if true, I hope so.

59 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I'm betting it will be the start of the 'only named season ticket holders' that was spoken about recently myself. I have no horse in this race but I simply don't trust football club owners in the same way I dont trust Tories,as they almost always one and the same. Or Republicans if we are talking about Yanks.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm betting it will be the start of the 'only named season ticket holders' that was spoken about recently myself. I have no horse in this race but I simply don't trust football club owners in the same way I dont trust Tories,as they almost always one and the same. Or Republicans if we are talking about Yanks.

I think not trusting any politicians is a safe starting point. 

Liverpool FC can confirm that the general admission ticket ballot has now closed for Sunday’s Premier League fixture against Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Following guidance from the government that placed Liverpool in Tier 2 restrictions, Anfield can operate with a maximum of 2,000 supporters, with 1,500 of those made available for general admission.

Based on the number of supporters who entered the GA ticket ballot for the Wolves game, eligible fans have a one in four chance of being successful. 

Guidance and support from the city’s public health team outlined that the ballot can only be open to supporters who live within the Liverpool City Region. Fans must also be a season ticket holder or current official Member with 19 credits from the 2018-19 Premier League season who have completed Fan Update.

Those supporters who are successful in the ticket ballot will be notified directly later on Tuesday, with tickets available to purchase from Wednesday.

Any supporters successful in this ballot who purchase a ticket will be excluded from entering future ticket ballots until all other eligible supporters have been successful. If any qualifying fans choose not to enter this ballot, then they will still be able to enter future ballots.

Alongside the Main Stand, the Kop will also be open to general admission supporters for the Wolves fixture in order to prepare and test matchday operations.

Fans can also find more information and guidance on the ticket ballot process and return to Anfield on the dedicated website hub: liverpoolfc.com/return-of-supporters-to-anfield.

We would like to thank supporters for their patience and understanding throughout this process.

No doubt there will be a few grumbles from those who think they are being excluded, but the pragmatism is necessary and the club (and local authorities) need to see what if any problems and issues arise from letting a few thousand people in for this game. It will inform and dictate what they do next.

5 minutes ago, Trumo said:

No doubt there will be a few grumbles from those who think they are being excluded, but the pragmatism is necessary and the club (and local authorities) need to see what if any problems and issues arise from letting a few thousand people in for this game. It will inform and dictate what they do next.

No doubt. I'm a season ticket hopld who lives in Leeds and have zero issues with not being able to apply.

My mate runs one of the Supporters Clubs over here and members have been on at him and complaining they can't apply for this game. Quite what he's supposed to do about it, I have zero idea.

I’ve got one.  I think the quick turnaround from sending the email to supporters and the 8am deadline will have caught a lot of people out.  There will be loads not wanting to go I think and people outside of the city not being able to as well.  I wonder how the reset works.  If it will be when all the 6000 or whatever from this game have got one or when everyone able to apply does.