You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans back in stadiums

LFC 6 Times

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Arent the vaccines coming in on 1st December? I got a text offering me one after that date due to falling in the older age category(fuckin hate getting old) and if I planned to take the vaccine offer up.

Not to my knowledge.

I may have missed something though.

On 26/11/2020 at 07:27, Captain Turdseye said:

If it’s just gonna be a token 4000 (or 2000) fans then the club should give them to local school kids. Would be a good PR move, should stop any grumbling about who gets priority and also stops people travelling in from all around the country and Norway. 

That leaves around 53,000 spares though - our friends on the continent should have a field day selling them on to us.  Especially the packages where you get a meet and greet elbow from Jurgen.

• Upvote 1

On 24/11/2020 at 18:23, JustTosh said:

Very nice of them to do that. Last time at halftime they even told me there was this beautiful bird not far from where I live who wanted to have sex with me. And if that wasn’t enough someone else came along and offered me something to enlarge my dick (although I wonder a little how they could know I need a bigger dick).

Funny as fuck fella

Premier League managers have called into question the integrity of the competition after only half of top-flight clubs were allowed to welcome fans back under new coronavirus rules.

So that will be...West ham and a few others. Just stop all football for ever, safe in the knowledge they will never get relegated from the cash cow.

On 25/11/2020 at 20:27, Captain Turdseye said:

If it’s just gonna be a token 4000 (or 2000) fans then the club should give them to local school kids. Would be a good PR move, should stop any grumbling about who gets priority and also stops people travelling in from all around the country and Norway. 

That’s what I was thinking. At the very least tickets should go to local people 

3 minutes ago, aws said:

It would make sense to ballot season ticket holders with a Liverpool post code to avoid the whole issue of people traveling from areas with higher levels of the virus. 

Makes a lot of sense.

I think a lot of people wouldn't be keen anyway, my mate has seasies with his wife and doesnt want to be in any ballot.

While it might slightly benefit us, I don't think it's fair to do this until every club has the all-clear to bring a proportion of fans back. 

I'd imagine the club will be facilitating this at a financial loss? There's surely a much higher attendance required to break even in terms of operational costs. 

Still, it's a welcome sign that things are moving in the right direction. 

15 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Arent the vaccines coming in on 1st December? I got a text offering me one after that date due to falling in the older age category(fuckin hate getting old) and if I planned to take the vaccine offer up.

Sure that wasnt the flu jab? They are offering it to anyone over 50 this year instead of just the over 65s.

As far as Im aware, covid vaccines are still under the trial and verification period. There's lots of talk about the vaccine jab in December but I saw something that suggested that would only be front line workers and people in nursing homes.

23 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its a bloody flu jab! I never usually get asked so its a surprise to me that I did so I thought it was for covid. I need new glasses.

They’re keen to reduce the numbers ending up in hospitals with flu so even if you’ve not had it before you should  think about getting it this time around. The ‘right’ sort of herd immunity

Laughable some clubs and fans are now claiming the season is a 'joke' because some clubs can have 2000 or if they are lucky in Tier 1, 4000 fans in a stadium that holds over 50000!

Of course they mean us but I dont see even 2000 fans inside Anfield, capacity 54000, as an advantage. How come they didnt complain when we had 53000 on while their shitty little grounds were only holding 30000 never mind the fact in a 53000 crowd at Anfield, only 3000 were oppo fans?

Fucking ludicrous the 'excuses' some are coming out with.

1 hour ago, Truered said:

Think they should offer tickets to locals to as someone else stated to keep those from other areas away for now.

Already resigned myself to not going till next season anyway, mother out-law is 86 and health not great too much a risk... 

Commended fella, great to hear someone thinking of others instead of me, me, me!

On 27/11/2020 at 13:34, Champ said:

They’re keen to reduce the numbers ending up in hospitals with flu so even if you’ve not had it before you should  think about getting it this time around. The ‘right’ sort of herd immunity

My husband turned 60 last month so I phoned my GP to see if I could book him in. Typical receptionist, all snotty, saying he was too young! I said I thought it was over 50 now, she blustered a bit and said they won’t get round to him til mid December! 
I phoned because I’d had a text to book mine in but I was letting her know I’d already   had mine through work. She didn’t like that either! 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Premier League managers have called into question the integrity of the competition after only half of top-flight clubs were allowed to welcome fans back under new coronavirus rules.

So that will be...West ham and a few others. Just stop all football for ever, safe in the knowledge they will never get relegated from the cash cow.

Carlo will be right on that, the last thing he needs is Everton fans back booing Hamez.

So the club score a massive own goal again....fucking hell they never learn do they.

Making 25% of tickets available to hospitality when there is only 2,000 so they can grab some cash, not using Kop and making price points higher than what most usually pay.

Turning fans in customers has never been truer.