You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fans back in stadiums

LFC 6 Times

I can't lie, the game without fans I'm struggling to really care about, it's like watching glorified pre-season friendlies.

October was the originally planned date to try reintroduce fans, that's now been delayed until March which is extremely disappointing.

When realistically are we going to see full stadiums again? It can't come soon enough, the whole thing is hollow and meaningless right now.

8 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I can't lie, the game without fans I'm struggling to really care about, it's like watching glorified pre-season friendlies.

October was the originally planned date to try reintroduce fans, that's now been delayed until March which is extremely disappointing.

When realistically are we going to see full stadiums again? It can't come soon enough, the whole thing is hollow and meaningless right now.

You can't handle the power shift.

• Upvote 2

I doubt we will see a full capacity this season. It's frustrating but the games still being played so you just have to get on with it. I cant watch it without that crowd noise though. When it was first mentioned I thought I'd hate it but watching it without the crowd noise is awful. 

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I doubt we will see a full capacity this season. It's frustrating but the games still being played so you just have to get on with it. I cant watch it without that crowd noise though. When it was first mentioned I thought I'd hate it but watching it without the crowd noise is awful. 

The crowd noise has gotten a bit better, at first it was just a constant drone, gave me a headache. 

Getting sick of hearing we are Liverpool tralalalala on repeat though. 

43 minutes ago, Aventus said:

The crowd noise has gotten a bit better, at first it was just a constant drone, gave me a headache. 

Well they're hardly going to play songs about John Terry's ma, are they.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Yeah they need to mix up the songs. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Well they're hardly going to play songs about John Terry's ma, are they.

Biased cunts. 

It will be interesting to see what they play during the Old Firm tomorrow. Got a feeling "Up to our knees in fenian blood" and "Go on home British soldiers" might not get much air-play. 

I was only thinking this morning while on the throne taking a huge dump just what is the world going to be like in the next 2 to 5 years? And Im thoroughly depressed. Covid is a sensitive subject and any death is sad.

Politicians on all sides and especially in the UK devolved nations are all making a bad situation worse. They're all posturing, going in separate directions and telling their voters 'ya, boo, we're doing it our way!' Im not ignoring the UK Government from the fustercluck either!

Ask 10 scientists the same questions on covid and you'll get 10 different answers. Ask 10 doctors, you'll get the same. ask 10 different countries their strategy, you will get 10 different versions. Get the picture?

Some are holding out hope for an all conquering vaccines. Nothing wrong with that, who doesnt? But the reality is, a vaccine is still some way off, upto one fifth of people in the UK say they wont have it when it is available and no vaccine is ever 100% effective.

Even if there is a vaccine, how long is it going to give protection, a year, 6 months, 3 months? After months of no reported re infections so that was good, a few are now being detected so that means even natural antibodies can lose effectiveness relatively quickly.

Before the latest rise in infections, I was saying December at the earliest before some crowds back in stadiums. I now think we'll be lucky to see fans in stadiums this season as Government uses the sanction of no crowd, no income, as the stick to beat PL clubs while the EFL is crying out for money.

To be brutally honest, Im not certain we'll see capacity attendances at our grounds anytime soon in the next 5 years. A huge number of people especially older STHs may decide being in a full stadium isnt for them any more. Others, disheartened by the no crowds for most, if not all this season, may decide football is no longer for them.

Depressing.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Upto 4000 fans allowed into sports arenas in 'low risk areas' after 2 December.

What a load of bollocks.

It's 4k or 2k  or 50% if capacity - which ever is lower.

Google tells me Hartlepool have an 8k stadium.  So if Hartlepool is in Tier 1, the can have 4k in the ground.

But if Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, London clubs etc are in Tier 1, they can only have 4k in their >50k stadiums. 

I can get this for EFL clubs, which is maybe the point, but this is nothing more than a pathetic token gesture for Championship and Premiership clubs.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I reckon they could have a 3rd of the crowd back by May but I doubt we will see full capacity until the start of next season. 

Reports are saying everybody who wants a vaccine can have one by April. If thats the case (yeah, I know...) then I don't see we can't have full houses around then.

Personally, once they get the most vulnerable, elderly & NHS staff all vaccinated (c.12-15 million) then I think we could see crowds return reasonably quickly.

Our last home league game was Bournemouth on the 7th March. On the equivalent weekend in 2021, we play Fulham at Anfield. I'm going to go out on a limb and say at least 50% of supporters will be at that match.

Although, all season I've just wanted a full house for Palace on the last game of the season and I'd still settle for that.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

What a load of bollocks.

It's 4k or 2k  or 50% if capacity - which ever is lower.

Google tells me Hartlepool have an 8k stadium.  So if Hartlepool is in Tier 1, the can have 4k in the ground.

But if Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, London clubs etc are in Tier 1, they can only have 4k in their >50k stadiums. 

I can get this for EFL clubs, which is maybe the point, but this is nothing more than a pathetic token gesture for Championship and Premiership clubs.

I wouldn't worry about it...won't be many clubs in tier 1 anyway...especially not PL clubs in big citues in the north!