Quantcast
Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - Michael Kiwanuka vs George Benson - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - Michael Kiwanuka vs George Benson

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - Michael Kiwanuka vs George Benson  

42 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - Michael Kiwanuka vs George Benson

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/10/20 at 17:09

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

George Benson. Never listened to the other fella.

He’s decent in a bit of a bland way (some good tunes to be fair) but shouldn’t be anywhere near this poll. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, easytoslip said:

I remember being in a cab going from San Diego Zoo to the City, a really warm day, window open and Breezin' on the radio. 

All was well in the world. 

With the faint hint of baboon shit in the air, sounds exceptional. 

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I remember being in a cab going from San Diego Zoo to the City, a really warm day, window open and Breezin' on the radio. 

All was well in the world. 

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

Well I never knew that, why would you name a place after a whale's snatch? I've known birds with one like yawning Hippopotamus mind you. 

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

Michael Kiwanuka??? In a greatest ever poll??? 

He's very popular on here at the moment so was always going to be in with a shout in terms of the top 64.

George Benson is a weird one, he was a monster on those CTI albums in the mid 70s but then lost the plot going into the 80s. I'm guessing he's on here for the 80s pish rather than his 70s fusion stuff so Michael Kiwanuka gets my vote.

I think Kiwanuka is great, Danger Mouse sprinkled fairy dust all over his albums and I should vote for him but George has so many memories for me. 

My Dad is a big Soul and Motown fan, I grew up listening to him, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin... good times.

Lets not forget as well here, George Benson probably lays more of a claim to have instigated more birds getting fingered during a slowey at the end of a night, than pretty much an other singer on the planet. Cam Kiwanuka say that? I doubt it. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Another poll, another old man fest. 

There are loads of decent contemporary artists that could have been put in ahead of this dreary wet lettuce 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

There are loads of decent contemporary artists that could have been put in ahead of this dreary wet lettuce 

Has he rattled your Mum or something? There are worse artists in the 64 than Michael Kiwanuka.

His album last year is a blinding LP. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the 'greatest ever male solo artist' myself but he's fucking good at what he does.

• Upvote 2