You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - Michael Kiwanuka vs George Benson

Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - Michael Kiwanuka vs George Benson  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Male Solo Artist - Round 1 - Michael Kiwanuka vs George Benson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/10/20 at 17:09

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I remember being in a cab going from San Diego Zoo to the City, a really warm day, window open and Breezin' on the radio. 

All was well in the world. 

Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Paul said:

Michael Kiwanuka??? In a greatest ever poll??? 

He's very popular on here at the moment so was always going to be in with a shout in terms of the top 64.

George Benson is a weird one, he was a monster on those CTI albums in the mid 70s but then lost the plot going into the 80s. I'm guessing he's on here for the 80s pish rather than his 70s fusion stuff so Michael Kiwanuka gets my vote.

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

There are loads of decent contemporary artists that could have been put in ahead of this dreary wet lettuce 

Has he rattled your Mum or something? There are worse artists in the 64 than Michael Kiwanuka.

His album last year is a blinding LP. I wouldn't have him anywhere near the 'greatest ever male solo artist' myself but he's fucking good at what he does.

• Upvote 2