You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Project Big Picture

luxury_scruff

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

They need 250m though don't they? I'm not sure what the point of accepting interest free loans if it just means you go bust anyway. 

I was trying to be sarcastic.

To suggest 10 x farewell gifts to the EFL is a disgrace, it really is.

250M is probably not enough, but if the PL clubs were seroius about trying to save football it was the very least they could do. 50M? Goodness grace.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rotpeter said:

The entire EFL needs 250m not sure of the split between the various leagues.

there's supposedly an idea most of the championship don't need help. or certainly no more help than the PL itself. either way, it just seems part of a negotiation to me. Big Picture offered the 250m they want for ll leagues, then this is the 1st bid from the PL. They'll probably land on some type of 150m bail out with the money being weighted towards the bottom 2 leagues. 

50 minutes ago, aws said:

You mean to say that the PL clubs are just looking after themselves again? 

With all the good minded owners. all with a reputation for serving the less fortunate people in society, surely they're not.

If you give a beggar a single penny and demand he says "thank you", you're helping him right?

4 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

Think we got the Premier League's response to our proposal today.

Yep; and there’s going to be a lot more of it. I wouldn’t expect to be challenging for the league this season, put it that way, and not because we’re not good enough.

I put Pickford in my fantasy team because I knew it would guarantee yet another disastrous day for him; he fulfilled his part of the bargain, but the referee had other ideas.

Out of Sheff Utd, Fulham, Palace, Brighton, West Ham, Spurs, Leicester and Villa who all have games today and missed out on the joy of having a 12.30 kick off yesterday, had players on international duty in South America midweek?

How many of them spoke up for Liverpool or everton who did? Not a fucking one, Id imagine.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Out of Sheff Utd, Fulham, Palace, Brighton, West Ham, Spurs, Leicester and Villa who all have games today and missed out on the joy of having a 12.30 kick off yesterday, had players on international duty in South America midweek?

How many of them spoke up for Liverpool or everton who did? Not a fucking one, Id imagine.

I don't think you can blame any of those teams. And we played on Saturday because we've a CL match this week. And we were 12.30 because BT wanted the game and it's their slot. Yesterday's kick off was the price of televised football. The bigger argument should be why the internationals don't finish earlier. Or indeed why there's any international football at all in the middle of a pandemic. 

On 15/10/2020 at 23:59, dockers_strike said:

Im beginning to think fat cunt samuel is trying to get himself banned from Anfield so he can rail even more against Liverpool! The cunt is at it again in Friday's edition of his shit stain of a paper. Someone get me a blunderbus so I can shoot this cunt.

What has Bluto been spouting shite about this time ? 

2 hours ago, skend04 said:

Because there's an agenda being driven by fat cunt samuel that clubs should be free to emulate the manchester city model of bought 'success' rather than the history of success that makes clubs like us and, hate to say it, the mancs, as the 2 biggest clubs in the UK.

Everyone has to have an equal chance in samuel's world which is all very laudible if done the right way, not the way he wants which is oil nations and mega wealthy owners pumping obscene amounts of money into clubs a very select few can do.

• Upvote 1

Despite Premiership voting rights and the distribution of Premiership TV money, I still don’t see the issue in this.

Although I get the point of why should Huddersfield get the same rights and TV money as us or the mancs, it’s not fair to completely dismiss the smaller clubs either. 

Maybe they could do a more weighted system to both, but I’ve no idea what it’d look like though. 

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Despite Premiership voting rights and the distribution of Premiership TV money, I still don’t see the issue in this.

Although I get the point of why should Huddersfield get the same rights and TV money as us or the mancs, it’s not fair to completely dismiss the smaller clubs either. 

Maybe they could do a more weighted system to both, but I’ve no idea what it’d look like though. 

Day-to-day decisions made by simple majority of all clubs, major decisions need both a simple majority of all clubs and a simple majority of the "senior nine" ? This would free up the current blockage on changes arising from the need for a 14 vote in favour while providing protection for " both sides".