You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Redball Liverpool

Sugar Ape

4 hours ago, JagSquared said:

It’ll be interesting to see how much (%) they buy and what they look to do with us. The squad needs investment over the next few years with a fair few hitting 30+ and on a commercial stand point it all seems a bit like its flattening out especially with COVID so they won’t likely increase that on front significantly to immediately justify their investment. I’ll be surprised if they change anything drastically if they come in. It’ll likely be more of the same.

They will be minority shareholders in our parent company. This is about return on investment for Beano and FSG cashing in a few of their chips.  It will have zero effect on Liverpool in all probability 

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Yes that’s my point, I don’t see why they would invest in our parent company when we will shortly need to spend to refresh our squad While at the same time are hardly likely to be building on commercial revenue in the short term?

Clearly I’m missing something maybe the other entities in the FSG portfolio have room for growth? Tbh I don’t pay any attention to what else they own and how those sports teams are doing.

Values of sports clubs will continue to go up till the top of the TV cycle at least and we haven't hit that yet, because they've not really exploiting streaming or not in football anywau. Add that to everyone at fsg and Billy beane will think we can replace the whole squad with a couple of taps in excel and away you go. You also have to remember according to that article, the investment is not in LFC, it's in FSG, so they'll be investing in the entire model and then hope to cream the money at floatation on the stock market. It's just a money making scheme through sport, the object will be to profit. 

#LFC owners FSG are in talks over a £6B investment deal with RedBall acquisition - a group fronted by baseball legend Billy Beane. The deal would see the two companies merge, with RedBall taking a stake of just less than 25% in the new company. [@MaddockMirror]

The benefits for #LFC would be obvious, allowing them for instance, to follow the same practices as the Red Bull group in bringing young players to Europe and blooding them at the smaller club, before moving on to the bigger club - a route followed by Naby Keita. [@MaddockMirror]

Seems like Toulouse, the French club is already part of the group.

Sounds like the yanks are trying to create sports franchises, multiple assets across the world, covering multiple sports. Like has been mentioned, Redbull, and City have dipped their toe in with a bit of success. 

I look forward to our rebranding as The Liverpool Red Sox. 

Boston Globe (owned directly by Henry and not via FSG) running with the story now and the last line saying potentially wrapped up by end of year

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/13/business/if-deal-involving-fenway-sports-group-billy-beane-goes-through-heres-what-it-could-mean/?camp=bg%3Abrief%3Arss%3Afeedly&rss_id=feedly_rss_brief&s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Atwitter

clever way for FSG to make much all their capital expenditure over the last 20 years, make a small profit all without losing any control. 

it will have no impact on the day to day running of the Red Sox or Liverpool as they will just be underlying assets of FSG itself though how well they do and how much money both make will directly impact the share price of FSG. 

15 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

#LFC owners FSG are in talks over a £6B investment deal with RedBall acquisition - a group fronted by baseball legend Billy Beane. The deal would see the two companies merge, with RedBall taking a stake of just less than 25% in the new company. [@MaddockMirror]

The benefits for #LFC would be obvious, allowing them for instance, to follow the same practices as the Red Bull group in bringing young players to Europe and blooding them at the smaller club, before moving on to the bigger club - a route followed by Naby Keita. [@MaddockMirror]

Seems like Toulouse, the French club is already part of the group.

obviously this is working for Red Bull but having formal feeder clubs just seems a bit crap one for the shitness of modern football thread I guess.

I’m not a fan of this, seems a bit soulless and pretty disrespectful of the other clubs to become nothing more than feeder clubs, City do something similar with their group of clubs and it just seems Like the next step of globalisation for the sport taking it further away from fans

• Upvote 1