Quantcast
Premier League to charge £14.95 PPV for each non-televised games - Page 4 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
1892-LFCWasBorn

Premier League to charge £14.95 PPV for each non-televised games

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon it's less than 10, maybe as few as half a dozen. The problem now though is they pick is because they want us on for the viewing figures. Now it makes more sense to pick wba v Fulham and have Liverpool v man united on ppv. 

 

Personally I think if they're doing this they should just be offering people an entire season ST which would allow them to back out of their sky deal. But for loads of reasons, that won't happen. 

 

I think 15 quid is a bit steep, but equally I'd normally go down the ale house to watch it, which would cost a load more than a few cans and a ppv. 

Hopefully with the present contractual games picked by Sky and BT they will still want first choice,  as the new money doesn't go to them supposedly but to the clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Hopefully with the present contractual games picked by Sky and BT they will still want first choice,  as the new money doesn't go to them supposedly but to the clubs.

Yeah, but sky must be getting paid, they're not a charity, they have to at least pay for the platform to show it. So the 15 quid might go right to the clubs, before 5 quid goes right back to sky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid thing is they could have added it as a new channel. During lock down Epl TV £15 month all games not shown live by BT or Sky. They'd have made a killing and people would have paid

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same day they announce the PPV fees, this comes out...

Kevin De Bruyne is close to agreeing a new two-year contract extension that will keep him at City until 2025, the Mail claim.

They report that De Bruyne is keen to extend his stay at the Etihad, and the new deal will be worth around £300,000-per-week plus bonuses.

 

 

Couldn’t make it up. I, for one, won’t be forking our an additional £15 a match on top of other subscriptions, no matter who we play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DaveT said:

The same day they announce the PPV fees, this comes out...

Kevin De Bruyne is close to agreeing a new two-year contract extension that will keep him at City until 2025, the Mail claim.

They report that De Bruyne is keen to extend his stay at the Etihad, and the new deal will be worth around £300,000-per-week plus bonuses.

 

 

Couldn’t make it up. I, for one, won’t be forking our an additional £15 a match on top of other subscriptions, no matter who we play. 

That is obscene. IPTV or Flashscores for me from now on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a rip off and rightly being condemned by a lot of people, of course the best action would be for people to vote with their wallets.

 

The real victims here of course are the 30 thousand under 16 everton season ticket holders, for whom £14.95 is a massive slice of their state pension. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t see why everyone is up in arms. They are only doing this because they think the fans are stupid enough to pay. Are you stupid enough to pay? Once they see that us fans are not stupid they’ll scrap this just as long as you vote with your wallet. The only problem with that is there are lots of stupid people in this country so.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 00:22, Vincent Vega said:

I thought nobody would pay £20 to watch hyped up boxing mismatches, but it seems enough do for them to continue with it. That makes me worry that there’s enough loaded twats out there that will make the PL see this as something viable. 

There’s loads of simpletons who pay for the PPV wrestling. Some of the wwe events are £25. Who in their right mind pays that for an American soap opera pretending to be sport.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, angie said:

There’s loads of simpletons who pay for the PPV wrestling. Some of the wwe events are £25. Who in their right mind pays that for an American soap opera pretending to be sport.

Wrestling is boss. However, I wouldn’t pay for PPV anything, not least footy matches played in empty stadiums, devoid of any atmosphere.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Wrestling is boss. However, I wouldn’t pay for PPV anything, not least footy matches played in empty stadiums, devoid of any atmosphere.

Negged. Wrestling is not boss. I'm disappointed this comes from a man who loves turd trainees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Negged. Wrestling is not boss. I'm disappointed this comes from a man who loves turd trainees. 

Hahaha.

 

Wrestling IS boss.

227F064A-3E9E-42B6-BCEC-24E7BDF8BCC8.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×