You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League to charge £14.95 PPV for each non-televised games

1892-LFCWasBorn

5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I reckon it's less than 10, maybe as few as half a dozen. The problem now though is they pick is because they want us on for the viewing figures. Now it makes more sense to pick wba v Fulham and have Liverpool v man united on ppv. 

Personally I think if they're doing this they should just be offering people an entire season ST which would allow them to back out of their sky deal. But for loads of reasons, that won't happen. 

I think 15 quid is a bit steep, but equally I'd normally go down the ale house to watch it, which would cost a load more than a few cans and a ppv. 

Hopefully with the present contractual games picked by Sky and BT they will still want first choice,  as the new money doesn't go to them supposedly but to the clubs.

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Hopefully with the present contractual games picked by Sky and BT they will still want first choice,  as the new money doesn't go to them supposedly but to the clubs.

Yeah, but sky must be getting paid, they're not a charity, they have to at least pay for the platform to show it. So the 15 quid might go right to the clubs, before 5 quid goes right back to sky. 

The same day they announce the PPV fees, this comes out...

Kevin De Bruyne is close to agreeing a new two-year contract extension that will keep him at City until 2025, the Mail claim.

They report that De Bruyne is keen to extend his stay at the Etihad, and the new deal will be worth around £300,000-per-week plus bonuses.

Couldn’t make it up. I, for one, won’t be forking our an additional £15 a match on top of other subscriptions, no matter who we play. 

36 minutes ago, DaveT said:

The same day they announce the PPV fees, this comes out...

Kevin De Bruyne is close to agreeing a new two-year contract extension that will keep him at City until 2025, the Mail claim.

They report that De Bruyne is keen to extend his stay at the Etihad, and the new deal will be worth around £300,000-per-week plus bonuses.

Couldn’t make it up. I, for one, won’t be forking our an additional £15 a match on top of other subscriptions, no matter who we play. 

That is obscene. IPTV or Flashscores for me from now on.

• Upvote 1

It's a rip off and rightly being condemned by a lot of people, of course the best action would be for people to vote with their wallets.

The real victims here of course are the 30 thousand under 16 everton season ticket holders, for whom £14.95 is a massive slice of their state pension. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t see why everyone is up in arms. They are only doing this because they think the fans are stupid enough to pay. Are you stupid enough to pay? Once they see that us fans are not stupid they’ll scrap this just as long as you vote with your wallet. The only problem with that is there are lots of stupid people in this country so.......

On 10/10/2020 at 00:22, Vincent Vega said:

I thought nobody would pay £20 to watch hyped up boxing mismatches, but it seems enough do for them to continue with it. That makes me worry that there’s enough loaded twats out there that will make the PL see this as something viable. 

There’s loads of simpletons who pay for the PPV wrestling. Some of the wwe events are £25. Who in their right mind pays that for an American soap opera pretending to be sport.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, angie said:

There’s loads of simpletons who pay for the PPV wrestling. Some of the wwe events are £25. Who in their right mind pays that for an American soap opera pretending to be sport.

Wrestling is boss. However, I wouldn’t pay for PPV anything, not least footy matches played in empty stadiums, devoid of any atmosphere.

• Downvote 1