Sign in to follow this  
1892-LFCWasBorn

Ray Clemence

Loads of current and ex-players wishing him well on Twitter.

Do the same if you haven't already as reading in between the lines of Tyldesley's tweet, it's not looking good for him (hopefully I'm wrong).

Cancer is a cunt.

6 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Greatest keeper in my lifetime. I am in that crowd somewhere.Praying for you Ray.

20201008_230222.jpg

I remember the day. Ive never seen a former player returning to his club and getting such a reception. And the smile on his face was something to behold.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I remember the day. Ive never seen a former player returning to his club and getting such a reception. And the smile on his face was something to behold.

The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up just thinking about it.

• Upvote 3

He was mates with our local butcher in Huyton when I was growing up. I was in there with my mum one day, I was about 7 and remember just standing there while Ray was behind the counter talking. He came out and started talking to me but I was dead shy. Next time we went in Ronnie (the butcher) said Clem had been back and left a present for me. He’d bought me an autograph book and the first two pages were filled with all the autographs of the 1971/72 first team squad. One of my most treasured possessions. 
Hope it works out for you Clem.

• Upvote 29

1 minute ago, Talismanic said:

He was mates with our local butcher in Huyton when I was growing up. I was in there with my mum one day, I was about 7 and remember just standing there while Ray was behind the counter talking. He came out and started talking to me but I was dead shy. Next time we went in Ronnie (the butcher) said Clem had been back and left a present for me. He’d bought me an autograph book and the first two pages were filled with all the autographs of the 1971/72 first team squad. One of my most treasured possessions. 

Local Butchers? Those were the days.

1 hour ago, Talismanic said:

That's a fantastic story. What a man. 

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

me too - I was too young to get emotional about it then; if it happened now I'd be in bits

• Upvote 1