You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ray Clemence

1892-LFCWasBorn

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

How many penalties did he save in his career it always seemed to  be on big European nights to me but that's probably my memory doing me a disservice. 

This was a cracking penalty save against Dresden in the 76 UEFA cup winning run..Made all the better by the fact we won the second leg 2-1 which meant we would have went out on away goals.

Penalty is from 3.00

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Stickman said:

This was a cracking penalty save against Dresden in the 76 UEFA cup winning run..Made all the better by the fact we won the second leg 2-1 which meant we would have went out on away goals.

Penalty is from 3.00

We have a massive following in the old East Germany as we played Dynamo Dresden and Dynamo Berlin during time and maybe one or two others which slip my mind.

• 1 month later...

The Clemence family have released a statement following the deeply sad news of the passing of Liverpool legend Ray Clemence, aged 72.

With great sadness, we write to let you know that Ray Clemence passed away peacefully today, surrounded by his loving family.

After fighting so hard, for such a long time, he’s now at peace and in no more pain.

The family would like to say a huge thank you, for all the love and support that he’s received over the years. He was loved so much by us all and he will never be forgotten.

Rest in peace, Ray Clemence 1948-2020

• Upvote 1