Quantcast
Premier League Round Up (Oct 3-4 2020) - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tlw content

Premier League Round Up (Oct 3-4 2020)

This would have been so much more enjoyable if we hadn’t been humiliated at Villa Park. City failing to win again and United conceding six at home to a team managed by the fella they sacked, this is the kind of shit that invariably brings the best out in me. This Round Up would have been boss, but instead it’s had the gloss stripped right off it.

How can I go balls out ripping into United for letting in six when we then let in seven? City dropped two points but they still closed the gap on us, so that’s a bit shit too. I’m struggling here but it’s because I’ve forgotten how it feels.

I was thinking about this prior to starting to write, and I can’t actually remember the last time I did one of these when we’d had a defeat that was actually significant. Sure, we lost a few games last season but by the time we did we were leading by a country mile and it didn’t matter much.

The first game we lost was Watford in February. Up until that point the only time we hadn’t won was when we drew at Old Trafford. The Watford loss was disappointing but it was easy to shrug off because we were miles ahead, the title was all but wrapped up and basically it didn’t matter. 

This loss maybe - hopefully - won’t matter in the long run. In fact, it’s entirely possible that it was something we needed in order to refocus and regain that intense hunger and drive that has made this kind of situation so rare. So with that in mind I’m going to try to enjoy the suffering of our rivals as much as I can in the hope that we’ll be back on track sooner rather than later, while their woes will continue. 

So I’ll get to United at the end as they played on Sunday. We’ll start with the Saturday games and where better to kick things off than Elland Road, where Leeds and Man City played out one of the best games of the season so far. It was only 1-1 so it doesn’t immediately jump out as being anything out of the ordinary, but it was wildly entertaining, end to end stuff.

Leeds started terribly. They were all over the place and kept losing the ball while playing out from the back. City should have been 3-0 up before Sterling eventually put them ahead. It looked like they were going to run away with it but Leeds eventually settled and started playing some nice stuff.

Ederson had made two good saves before he flapped at a corner and allowed Rodrigo to equalise. He redeemed himself later with a stunning fingertip save to deny the same player though.

Both teams had chances to win it and Sterling spent most of the game trying to win penalties by diving. He’s almost at Richarlison levels, but no-one ever says shit about it. Cheating little fuck. 

Guardiola’s interview afterwards was pathetic. Kissing Leeds’ arse big time because he loves Bielsa is one thing, but it was the little veiled dig at Leicester that was embarrassing. Sterling did the same thing. All this “it’s so refreshing when teams actually try and play against us instead of putting eleven men behind the ball”. Shut up you sad whiny cunts.

Bielsa is fucking weird though isn’t he? He spent the whole of his post match interview staring at the floor and not making eye contact with the interviewer. He’s definitely on the spectrum of something, but then that’s a common trait with geniuses. And he is a genius even if he isn’t a serial winner.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

"Tell you what’s fucking mental. Not only are Everton top with a 100% record, they’re now being shown first on MOTD. What kind of fucking bizarro world is this? I’m about one more month of this away from "

Away from what? What are you one month away from? Come on, you can’t leave it at that. We need to know.

• Upvote 3

Good round up Dave, well done for getting some humour in there!

That Lamela incident, even though it was the Mancs who suffered you just can't help being angered by it, and it was just absolutely staggering that VAR did nothing about it. Why they didn't tell the ref to go and view it on the monitor who knows, unbelievable.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, piphomer said:

"Tell you what’s fucking mental. Not only are Everton top with a 100% record, they’re now being shown first on MOTD. What kind of fucking bizarro world is this? I’m about one more month of this away from "

Away from what? What are you one month away from? Come on, you can’t leave it at that. We need to know.

Lost my train of thought there. Planned on going back to it and then completely forgot! 

Happening more and more these days. 

17 hours ago, DaveTucker said:

Wasn't Sakho the only man (At least at one point) you ever gave a 10 to in the ESPN match ratings? Gambling occasionally pays off I guess. 

He was, and then he failed a drugs test very soon after!

Great round up. They're always better when Dave is wound up. Hey that rhymes.

I thought Kane was finished last season and had written him off, but it seems I was very wrong. It also looks like he's changed his game for the better since those injuries have left him a bit battered. The big chinned twat.

• Upvote 1

As distasteful as it seemed, the Martial sending off was actually correct according to the rules. It is a shit rule but if you deliberately raise your hand or arm to someone's face, you'll almost certainly be sent off.

I reckon Lamela got away with his own offence because he hit Martial in the neck area and not the face. It's the same legitimate reason why Mane wasnt sent off against Arsenal even though the Arsenal fans were crying all over social media about it.

The rule is the problem. Harder tackles like Shaw's would get yellow carded but an offence like Marital's would get punished with a red.

Screenshot_20201012-195213_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 1

What an incredibly stupid rule. In a lot of cases getting hit on the throat is far worse than a brush on the chin.

See that line judge who got Poindexter Jokovic thrown out of the US Open as exhibit A.

If Bielsa is a genius, I’ m a scouser. He’s only a genius to have people believe he’s a genius. Self-fulfilling prophecy. He’s a fraud.

• Upvote 3