You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I’m not arsed about the spitting. Yes it’s a vile thing to do, but it was when Rijkaard famously did it and he’s one of my all time favourite players. Suarez was a bitey shithouse as well but he was loved. 

If he comes I’m confident Klopp will knock it into him what’s expected here. 

He could have jizzed on the guy and we'd still love him if he's any good. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He could have jizzed on the guy and we'd still love him if he's any good. 

I couldn’t care less what he’s done at another club, only thing that bothers me is what he’s like here. These things about people’s personalities are frequently wrong anyway, when we were signing Keita people were saying he was a lunatic who took one of his own teammates out in training and we’ve seen how that turned out. 

We’ve been playing Rhys Williams and Oil Tanker Phillips as part of a makeshift defence for months and teams are still too scared to try and expose them. We’ve won the league with Lovren. If Kabak is at least decent enough to cunt players like Callum Wilson in the cunt whilst allowing some midfielders to play in midfield then he’ll be a worthy addition.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

My extremely premature view on all of this, is that we are looking long term.

I think we want Upamecano in the summer (when his £40m clause kicks in). We know that Matip and Gomez aren’t reliable so rather than have 4 CB’s we’re looking to have 5; there’s also a possibility we’ll sell Gomez I think.

VVD

Upamecano

Kabak

Gomes/Davies/Phillips/Williams (delete where appropriate via sales etc).

I think Gomez is likely to go based on his high resale capability.  Like it or not, there will definitely be a need to raise sales to pay for new signings, especially in the short term. 

I don't see Upamacano happening, and besides which I think Konate is the better player at Leipzig. 

Relegation will have an effect, eg, the likes of James Tarkowski, Ben White, even Jack O'Connell.  We have a fair few Championship level swaps to offer. 

3 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

We’ve been playing Rhys Williams and Oil Tanker Phillips as part of a makeshift defence for months and teams are still too scared to try and expose them. We’ve won the league with Lovren. If Kabak is at least decent enough to cunt players like Callum Wilson in the cunt whilst allowing some midfielders to play in midfield then he’ll be a worthy addition.

I think he'll be a lot like Lovren. He dives in a hell of a lot and wants to basically break every attacker in half with each tackle. Seems pretty rash. He is young though so maybe we can coach that out of him?

He's a bruiser type defender, looks quick once he gets going but not that fast in the initial first 5 yards. 

5 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

I think he'll be a lot like Lovren. He dives in a hell of a lot and wants to basically break every attacker in half with each tackle. Seems pretty rash. He is young though so maybe we can coach that out of him?

He's a bruiser type defender, looks quick once he gets going but not that fast in the initial first 5 yards. 

Yeah the main thing I’ve taken away from his highlight reel is that he loves to go to ground. That used to fuck me right off with Mr Machismo Lovren. First port of call will be getting him to pressure players in to making mistakes so we can nick the ball instead of trying to split them in half. It is good to have that option though for the ale house teams you don’t have to worry about attacking us.

If this Kabak kid comes, then he does so with a black mark against his name.

It’s not a deal breaker though, his age gives him a little leeway and he has an opportunity not to let that disgusting act be one of the defining moments of who he is as a footballer and, more importantly, as a man. 

Obviously not exactly the same, but we all know a certain Uruguayan who also arrived with a black mark and left with several more. If this young man makes a fraction of the positive impact Luis Suarez made and manages to avoid any more negatives, then it could be a steal of a signing. 

If we are bringing in a foreign defender it would suggest that either Matip or Van Dijk is out for the season as we will need to remove one of the below;

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian

Defenders: Van Dijk, Robertson, Matip, Tsimikas

Midfielders: Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Keita, Shaqiri

Forwards: Firmino, Mane, Salah, Minamino, Jota, Origi

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we are bringing in a foreign defender it would suggest that either Matip or Van Dijk is out for the season as we will need to remove one of the below;

I’m not prepared to rule out Keita being crocked until the summer yet.

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

If we bring in one foreign lad it's been said Gomez will be de registered from the PL squad. Davies counts as home grown apparently. If we signed a second foreign player then things would get interesting unless one of the non home grown players in the squad is loaned out.