You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's not what I watched. 

Ok, what interview was it? There was that one, the one for LFCTV and the after match press conference. I watched all of them and he didn't say anything close to what you said. So, it kind of sounds like you made it up.

After seeing how we play with Phillips, I now reckon we should bring Tarkowski in. He’s essentially a better version of Phillips. He knows the league, is ‘home-grown’, his contract situation should help with the transfer price, and we’ll be able to get decent money from him if we want to ship him out in a couple of years. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ok, what interview was it? There was that one, the one for LFCTV and the after match press conference. I watched all of them and he didn't say anything close to what you said. So, it kind of sounds like you made it up.

Weird.  I saw an interview for German TV where Klopp basically said "Ben Davies?  Yeah, he's the White van Dijk".  It was in German though, so I might have missed a bit in translation.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, aRdja said:

After seeing how we play with Phillips, I now reckon we should bring Tarkowski in. He’s essentially a better version of Phillips. He knows the league, is ‘home-grown’, his contract situation should help with the transfer price, and we’ll be able to get decent money from him if we want to ship him out in a couple of years. 

I called him before the window opened based on he has a release clause so there's no getting fucked on price if you think you can meet the clause and feel confident if he doesn't work out, you can probably get that fee off a west ham etc (who can't invoke his current clause because it's only for CL and/or us and the 2 manc clubs). But I wonder if the new ownership at Burnley has changed all that. 

13 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Weird.  I saw an interview for German TV where Klopp basically said "Ben Davies?  Yeah, he's the White van Dijk".  It was in German though, so I might have missed a bit in translation.

I think that's a misquote. I think he responded about Ben Davies the Spurs player. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Ok  I made it up. You fucking bellend. 

Why are you mad? You're the dishonest one. Sorry you're just a weird guy and I had to verify he'd actually said that because it seemed off. 

Again, you could have just said something else like, you don't think he'll play very much and that this is pointless. Instead, you pretended Klopp said something he didn't to shit on the signing and the owners.

25 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Why are you mad? You're the dishonest one. Sorry you're just a weird guy and I had to verify he'd actually said that because it seemed off. 

Again, you could have just said something else like, you don't think he'll play very much and that this is pointless. Instead, you pretended Klopp said something he didn't to shit on the signing and the owners.

Of course. I'm weird because you know what I heard. It's like listening to my bird you fucking tit. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not lying. You're just assuming to take whatever you want and then talk utter shite. But no change there. 

There are videos of the 3 post match Klopp interviews on YouTube, Barry. He simply does not say what you say he said. You lied. And you're such an incredible bore on FSG and the transfer market that I just have to mention it when you talk nonsense. I'm sorry, can't help it. Now kindly shut the fuck up and stop digging a hole for yourself. As I said, the videos are out there. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Duje Caleta-Car, a Croatian centre back at Marseille, is bring linked too. Some saying Davies was the second choice after him, others saying that we might bring both in. 

He would have been a nightmare to pronounce.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

So it sounds like we're all in on this lad. Which is weird as he's clearly shit. What was interesting was klopp talking about it's not what we do about these current injuries, but what we do if those people standing in get injured. So it sounds like we're signing someone for behind Williams and Phillips and likely behind billy koumetio too. Honestly if they do that, people really need to realise they're just taking the piss out of every last one of us. Whoever comes in needs to be ahead of Philipps and Williams (and Henderson actually) otherwise what's the fucking point? The fact this is even a possibility is depressing. 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've never watched him play. I'm just saying what klopp said. We're looking at players to back up the current ones..

Hahahahah fucking hell

Just shut the fuck up mate, you're making yourself sound more stupid with every post. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There are videos of the 3 post match Klopp interviews on YouTube, Barry. He simply does not say what you say he said. You lied. And you're such an incredible bore on FSG and the transfer market that I just have to mention it when you talk nonsense. I'm sorry, can't help it. Now kindly shut the fuck up and stop digging a hole for yourself. As I said, the videos are out there. 

Good for you. You enjoy you tube. Your a fucking bellend. Klopp clearly inferred who we were buying was basically to protect us against a out a million other players gettting injured. I've just been reading the lads thread on the FF. And there's an appraisal from larwenson who didn't even need to listen to what klopp said, he's watched the lad play.......  

Nat Phillips has done well when he's come in and he is probably a better player.

So, Davies would be behind him and also Rhys Williams, so even before Joel Matip comes back and the other two long-term injured players - Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez - he is going to be below them on the list. And Fabinho and Jordan Henderson too

2 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Hahahahah fucking hell

Just shut the fuck up mate, you're making yourself sound more stupid with every post. 

As I've just posted, from larwenson who's watched him and our boys and our boys aren't good. 

Nat Phillips has done well when he's come in and he is probably a better player.

So, Davies would be behind him and also Rhys Williams, so even before Joel Matip comes back and the other two long-term injured players - Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez - he is going to be below them on the list. And Fabinho and Jordan Henderson too

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Good for you. You enjoy you tube. Your a fucking bellend. Klopp clearly inferred who we were buying was basically to protect us against a out a million other players gettting injured. I've just been reading the lads thread on the FF. And there's an appraisal from larwenson who didn't even need to listen to what klopp said, he's watched the lad play.......  

Ben Davies could be the shittest player in the history of football, and he might not play a single minute for us, that's not the point. The point is, you made stuff up to further your fucking weird FSG agenda once again. 

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Duje Caleta-Car, a Croatian centre back at Marseille, is bring linked too. Some saying Davies was the second choice after him, others saying that we might bring both in. 

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Thoughts @3 Stacks @Arnaud?

A Croatian centre backs with Ligue 1 experience. Certainly ticks a lot of my boxes.

Marseille fans heard this rumour and were so opposed to letting the lad leave that they broke into the training ground smashing shit up and trying to kill people. 

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Lampard wanted to bring Tarkowski in, thats when Roman knew he had to sack him. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

As I've just posted, from larwenson who's watched him and our boys and our boys aren't good. 

58 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Ben Davies could be the shittest player in the history of football, and he might not play a single minute for us, that's not the point. The point is, you made stuff up to further your fucking weird FSG agenda once again. 

I think we can all agree that Ben Davies isn't likely to be very good, and that FSG are twats who should've sanctioned getting in a better centre back right at the start of January, when it was obvious for months that we needed one.

Fair enough we've had a massive covid-related loss of income, but we basically decided to chuck away 3 competitions this year because of the lack of flexibility in the club's approach.  We've got a squad for winning stuff now, we should be trying to win.

Doesn't really matter how you interpret Klopp's interviews as to where in the pecking order Davies is going to be - he probably doesn't even know yet until he gets him at training.

• Downvote 1