You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2021 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why the fuck would anyone want Origi unless its like that horror movie Get out.

We are probably paying a load of his wages as he would ha e been dropped from the squad to make room. So Wolves just see it as a free body for 6 months and see if they get anything out of him. 

Cant wait for the hatrick against Everton 

Hopefully he will take points of rival clubs

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

They've needed a taller striker since Jimenez got injured. A big part of their game was Traore down the right and dinking in a lofted cross. Origi at least offers them that option.

I really wanted us to sign him and was a bit gutted the day we pulled Jota out of nowhere. How wrong could a man be? Traore is fucking shite. A mini Usain Bolt on the shoulder press. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Sign Botman. We need a defender a long term solution. Matip and Gomez are just too flimsy. Do what needs to be done. The people at shop level have given it their all these last few years its about time FSG stepped up backed their team. Weve got this far on a mediocre clubs budget.

I don't get why botman is seen as a long term solution. He was available in the summer for 7m , surely if we had any real interest we'd have bought him then. No way we'll pay 25m for a player we didn't value at 7m in August. 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't get why botman is seen as a long term solution. He was available in the summer for 7m , surely if we had any real interest we'd have bought him then. No way we'll pay 25m for a player we didn't value at 7m in August. 

I think he was untested outside of Holland and went to Lille, had a good season and his price went up.

He could have ended up like Van Den Berg if we had bought him and hardly played him. 

I think it makes sense to wait on Botman

Nobody was interested in the summer and all of a sudden his price has quadrupled. Wait and see if he is worth it first, especially at that price. I really like the look of the lad at Ajax though he wants to stay for a year or two. Club seem to be more interested in Konate than Upamecano. He has had a few injuries but i would look at them the same way as Gerrards early issues, he grew another inch over the time he was injured and he is 6'4 and quick. Sounds like a issue with growing over just breaking down. 

Be interesting what happens with Gomez, the lad just can't seem to get any luck, its not like he suffers from what Matip does, he just has a nasty habbit of serious injury issues. I think he will still be here.

I'd rather get a Saiss now and our number one target in the summer than spend 20% over the top for a 4/5th option now