Quantcast
January 2021 Transfer Thread - Page 57 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

January 2021 Transfer Thread

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

@Jamespearce. Exclusive. John Henry is willing to let Linda Pizzuti set up an Onlyfans account to fund Liverpool's summer transfer activity.

Needs must - we've all got to pull together at this difficult time. I've got my credit card ready. 

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They are really bad mingebags.  But with  most mingebags who try to get away with making do like hanging onto an old unreliable car or scrimping on stuff around the house, it always comes back to bite them on the arse. 

I don't think it's a question of even being mingebags. I just think they're completely emotionless and care little about the sporting outcome. They're like old fashioned traders sat in front of their charts. They think they see a setup for some continuation pattern and they just think "buy/sell" or whatever. They're not looking for value in the equity, they just want a return. They know if they do the same thing every time, they will profit 7 times in 10. The other 3 times they'll lose. But that's the cost of the trade. They're 4 up in every 10. They just apply the same logic in the football. If the spreadsheet says no, it'll say no. So they won't buy. If that means they lose this league, they're not arsed because they believe they'll get it right next time and in the long run, they'll win.

But winning for them is not silver shiny things, it's the balance sheet and increase the value of their asset. So unless someone is available that makes the spreadsheet say yes, we'll just pass on the chance to buy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah that's it. It doesn't need to be Koulibaly but a solid defender with a bit of pace. The continental clubs are skint. Would be shocked if you couldn't get a very decent defender who can do a job for us this season and even in further seasons for about 10 million.

I don't see the attraction in buying Koulibaly, he's 29 and they're looking for £100m! Fuck that for a game of soldiers!

21 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I don't see the attraction in buying Koulibaly, he's 29 and they're looking for £100m! Fuck that for a game of soldiers!

Not a hope we go for him. Just mentioned him because he would probably be the most or one or the most expensive central defenders out there at the minute.

@Liverpoolecho. After Marcus Rashford painfully exposes lack of pace at heart of Liverpool defence, the answer to the problem and the key to getting back on track is already at the Axa Training Centre - step forward Billy Koumetio.

@LiverpoolEcho, following Mohammed Salahs departure to Real Madrid, Liverpool will not be held to ransom over transfer fees and will only spend if the right player becomes available at a realistic price. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

@LiverpoolEcho, following Mohammed Salahs departure to Real Madrid, Liverpool will not be held to ransom over transfer fees and will only spend if the right player becomes available at a realistic price. 

Just missing the 'Jake Cain is thought to be ready to save the club millions too by stepping up'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just missing the 'Jake Cain is thought to be ready to save the club millions too by stepping up'

And Paul Glatzel coming back from his knee injury.

Jokes aside - it does feel wrong to me to be gambling as it looks like we are.

It was a fucking long hard slog to finally get back on our perch - we need to do everything we can to stay on it.

Just now, Grinch said:

Well be lucky to hold onto 4th with squad.  You'll still have muppets praising the owners too. 

You only have to look at some of the superfans on Twatter who tell you to stop moaning as we are top of the league (before last night). 

• Upvote 1

Even if we are skint, can we just bring forward the summer transfer plan?  Get a bridging loan? 

Let's say we are selling Origi, Wilson, Shaq, Keita in the summer. Spend the money now. We are in bad enough shape but are a Fabinho injury from being unable to field a functioning team. 

Seeing more links with Ben White for the summer. I know we need to up the home grown numbers but fucking hell. He's hardly pulled up trees for Brighton and they'll want upwards of 40ml for him. He will be 24 by then too so he isn't a young inexperienced kid either 

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

You only have to look at some of the superfans on Twatter who tell you to stop moaning as we are top of the league (before last night). 

We had our very own special ones trotting out the same line on here too.

6 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

Ben White is quality

Agreed, he does look to have the attributes. I just wish we would bend our ridged rule and sign him now. 

Apparently Celtic and Rangers are interested in signing Taiwo Awoniyi who we have loaned to Union Berlin, also a number of clubs in Europe after he has scored 5 goals this season. That £5m can go towards the Mbappe fund. 

2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

We had our very own special ones trotting out the same line on here too.

We were top with the best CB in Europe having missed most of the season, the best creative midfielder in Europe having missed most of the season and the best DM in Europe playing CB. People were talking like Hodgson was still in charge. 

• Upvote 2